View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Our UK Wedding Day 01.10.16

Just typing this up as part of my honeymoon trip report.
Lots of photos, obviously! Thanks for reading, it truly was the best day of our lives!

The morning started veeeeery early, about 5am, yawn! I had slept pretty well considering. I’d picked up some nytol tablets the day before and teamed with the few drinks we’d had in the pub in the evening worked wonders!

I got up and had a shower as quietly as possible so I didn’t wake my sister, Gen and my Daughter, Ariana who I was sharing my suite with.
My hair and make up lady was arriving at 6 so I got Gen up just before she arrived. The next few hours consisted of make-up brushes, lots of hairspray, nail varnish and lots and lots of room service!

Everytime another one of my maids turned up we rang downstairs for more cooked breakfast. They never charged any of the extras to my room thank god! Dread to think how much that would have cost.
Later on in the morning, my sister was tasked with heading downstairs and making sure everything was set up and ready. Aparently everything was a shambles but thankfully she kept me blissfully unaware and I didn’t find out about all the fuss until later on that day.

All the ceremony music was on my phone and I had been told I could just plug it into their sound system, except they didnt have any cables to connect it up which would mean walking down the aisle in silence, awkward! Thankfully my stepdad had just the right cable kicking about in the boot of his car and saved the day, lucky!
The venue had put their own chair covers on all of the chairs which aparently were dirty and disgusting and had holes in all of them. We weren’t sure why they had put them on since I had told the wedding planner I had hired covers and sashes from a third party since theirs were £5.20 per chair! They were going to make my sister and mother in law take them off as they ‘didn’t have time’ but my mother in law lost her shiz and told them to get it sorted immediately or all hell would break loose, or words slightly less civilised knowing my mother in law!
They also didn’t have the three tier cake stand we had been promised but thankfully my cake lady brought one with her.
The best thing was, when my minions asked to speak to my wedding planner, they were told she wasn’t in as she didn’t work weekends! Insane! Fair enough don’t work weekends but if there isn’t a wedding one but god, you organise a wedding, you show up on the day to make sure everything you had promised ran smoothly!
My mother in law left messages for her on the Monday but she never did call back and shes never once been in touch with me to congratulate me or ask how the day went, coward! :angry:

Anyway, by now the photographer, Mark, had arrived and had started snapping away with me, the ceremony room and with the boys who were already ready and hanging about outside.

Ross's tie clip had a not to our favorite line from Nightmare Before Christmas

Ross and his best man

Soon it was time for me to get dressed!
My dress was from Annasul Y’s Snow collection that I purchased from a local bridal shop, it was a sample gown so was a total bargain! The owner of the store also made a custom made lace jacket for me and I had a floral belt I bought from Etsy. My shoes were Kurt Geiger and not at all comfy! I’ve never worn them since but I really should get my money’s worth!

The morning felt like it has lasted for days but we were finally ready and it was time for my dad to come up for first look photos and to then walk me down the aisle!

This is how I always imagined my dad would look when he walked in the room and he didn't disappoint!

My aisle music was the ‘Tour of the Kingdom’ music from the Little Mermaid. I almost had heart failure when the music started and the bridesmaids set off. It was the moment I’d pictured in my head for years and finally it was here and it was terrifying! I completely forgot about the photographer and therefore forgot to smile the whole time. I couldn’t look at anybody so I just remember looking at the floor! I had to walk round the top balcony then down the stairs so I was hanging onto my dad for dear life!

As soon as I got to the front I grabbed onto Ross’s arm and didn’t let go the entire time. The bozo left his glasses on during the ceremony so hates all the ceremony photos and to be honest so do I cause I was concentrating so hard on saying the right words I forgot to look happy and we both look like total misery guts! Never mind!

Our son, Oliver. Both kids were so well behaved all the way through!

We did the standard vows as neither of us fancied writing our own, we are not ones for airing our affections in public so telling eachother how we feel in front of a crowd wouldn’t have been fun! The only thing we did was add a line during the ring exchange that said ‘I solemnly swear that I will stay with you, until the very end. Because where your treasure is, there will your heart be also’. A little nod to our love of Potter!

Our readings where A Lovely Love Story by Edward Monkton (all about dinosaurs!) and Us Two by A.A Milne which were read by my sister and my Granny.

Then we were officially pronounced husband and wife! Ross through me into a half hearted ‘movie kiss’ which took me by surprise and you can probably tell by the photo!

Continued...
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx

Edited at 07:54 PM.
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List