View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Dubai March/April 2017 LIVE - Day 1 Travel Day

We got up at 6am - which was probably about 30 minutes too early!

By 7.15 we were already so decided we may as well leave! It was just like a normal day as J leaves at this time with O to take him to school. Even the route was the same

My obsession with sunsets is well documented! Here, for a change, is the sunrise on the way!

We arrived at the airport and parked up in the multi-storey carpark!

There was no one in the baggage drop at Lufthansa so within 5 minutes we were bagless!

Security involved the usual pat down for me - underwired bras have a lot yo answer for!

We had picked up some chocolatines on the way yo the airport so had those with a coffee before heading through passport.

It was anAirbusA320-200. It seemed to be a busy flight!

As usual, O who was sitting 2 rows behind us had the only spare seat next to him!

Drinks and snacks were served but we only took drinks!

We landed on time at a remote stand and were bussed in!

F and I had a McDo - veggie burger and fries each. 15 euros which was quite expensive - you even had to pay 30 cents for a ketchup sachet!

O had a curried veggie burger and J a noodle dish at the restaurant next door which was a better bet I think! Certainly no more expensive!

We are now sitting at gate 28 waiting to board. I think the flight is quite full - there seems to be a standby list

We boarded on time - and yet again O has a spare seat next to him and nothing behind him so he can freely recline!

The screen was touch sensitive for once - an issue we have had on previous Lufthansa flights! I watched Manchester by the Sea and The Dressmaker - both good but rather sad!

My Asian veggie meal was ok - it was a bit soon after lunch really!

Ee got salad sandwiches just before we landed - about 15 minutes early.

Immigration took about 30 minutes and our cases were already out.

We got a taxi to the hotel - Jumeriah Creekside which cost AED 30 - about 8 euros.

We checked on - but they only had a smoking room when I had asked for a non smoking one. I refused on the basis that J is asthmatic (and we all hate the smell of smoke).

Eventually they said we could have an upgrade but we may have to move tomorrow. We need to speak to them in the morning. It is s hassle we could do without

The room is a double upgrade to a two bedroom suite. We then had to wait for them to bring beds for the kids - not what we wanted really after a long travel day!

F is asleep and the rest of us should be shortly!

Edited at 12:32 PM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List