View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

SoCal Christmas 2017: Day 1 Travel Day

The day started so very early at 4.30am. Showers were had and then we locked up and drove the 20 minutes to the airport.

On our way at last!

Check in was quick - as expected F will have extra screening at Heathrow!

We were through security within 10 minutes. The kids had chocolatines, the adults coffee. Then passport control.

We saw some friends who were off to NYC!

The flight was called for boarding on time! We were in row 4 so last to board!

I managed to nod for most of the flight - am feeling under the weather (J has had the flu this week... ).

We arrived 20 minutes early.

Coffee was needed. Thankfully security was quick and we were in Costa 20 minutes after leaving the plane. Result

Off for lunch at Huxely's! Flight is at least showing on the board!

Lunch for two of us was breakfast - and very nice it was too!

O had fish and chips and J scrambled egg and salmon!

Hopefully that will keep us going!

Boarding was a little late but we took off only 15 minutes behind schedule.

The flight was very festive - the crew wore hats, were in a very good humour, Christmas dinner was on offer (though I had pre-ordered an asian veggie dish which was nice) as were mince pies.

They came round regularly with drinks plus a snack after about 6 hours. There was another meal before landing!

The flight was pretty full as expected two says before Christmas.

I read, watched some masterchef and nodded quite a bit!

It was a long flight it had to be said! Everyone did well and there were mo cross words!

There was some specular views.

We would have landed early but for the fact we touched down, the plane speeded up again and took off again! We. eventually landed at 5.05pm.

By 7pm we had done immigration, got the bags, gone through customs, took the bus to the car hire center, got the car, driven 45km to Carlsbad and were in the hotel. Result!

Now we are all tableting until we fall asleep! No doubt an early morning will be had

Edited at 04:30 AM.
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List