Old 3 Sep 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Xolile View Post
I’m another one waiting since July 29th. I have chased it up on Twitter, live chat and even called them yesterday but keep getting told that it’s been sent to their finance department and they’ve expedited my case bla bla bla still no refund.

I think that if your booking is complicated in the slightest manner then they are not able to refund you automatically and it has to be done manually and therein lies the problem. My bookng was a through fare ticket from Lerwick -Edinburgh - London - Orlando flying Logan air on the first leg and BA for the rest of the journey. I also got money off my booking with Avios and that part of the refund has been processed but not the cash. Yesterday, the gentleman I spoke to apologised profusely and promised to escalate the refund (again 😀&#128512 and to expect it within the next 7 to 14 days. Fingers crossed.
I thought mine would just be a simple refund as it was a direct flight out from LGW-MCO and then MCO-LGW on the way home, no stopovers whatsoever but apparently the issue with mine was Avios? Not sure why Avios would cause a problem but I’ve had enough of waiting! I’m hoping that if I have to talk to them again then I can mention I lodged a complaint and that might make them move a bit faster!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List