View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
P.Sherman
Apprentice Imagineer

We went last year and stayed in pigeon forge but at the far end. We stayed at a hotel called 'the lodge at five oaks' its directly across the road from the outlets and there is a crossing. Loved the hotel! great rooms really generous proportions, staff lovely and it did include a breakfast which was basic but fine. it was also really well priced and as we needed 2 rooms that worked well for us. Would happily stay again. We also visited Gatlinburg and really liked it, feels more rural although still very touristy but with a bit of charm - agree with what others have said that pigeon forge is a mini version of I drive from a couple of decades ago - very family fun themed. We would probably look a staying nearer to Gatlinburg next time although as I said would be happy to stay at the lodge again. Its a really lovely part of the world and we found the locals to be really lovely - very friendly and chatty.
Have a great time wherever you end up staying.

dreaming of my happy place
P.Sherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List