View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again?! Travel Day

We set off for London Gatwick at a civilised time of 2pm, thankfully the luggage went in the boot ok, and we had a good drive down and got to the South terminal for twilight check in at around four thirty.
There was literally nobody in the check in queue, so we were checked in straight away - fantastic! First time doing this, but wont be our last! We then took the shuttle over to the Sofitel at the North terminal, which was so easy and quick, it took two minutes if that.
All very straight forward. We love the Sofitel, I booked early, and we had a Junior Suite, which was huge, with a seperate bedroom for the kids, our rate of £250 included a full three course meal each, and full English breakfast, for five people...
Friday morning came, none of us slept much just through sheer excitement. So we were a bit groggy shall we say and George in particular struggled. He has had the same cold as we all have the last week, and he doesnt like early starts. He was a bit grumpy...
There was a cute little girl at the boarding gate, standing up on the chair and announcing very loudly 'I am MOANAAAAAAAAA!' Which made us all laugh. I love Moana and hope we are going to see her in the parks! There were also a few Wrestlemania fans, sporting their Tshirts.
We boarded the Thomas Cook flight MT2974, the plane was super clean, and our seats (Row 7, at the back of the Premium cabin) were great, a full recline with nobody behind us. We were given a pack with a blanket, very snuggly, an eyemask, lip balm, ear plugs, toothbrush and snuggle socks. The kids made themselves comfy!

The James Martin food soon came, there was a choice of roasted chicken, wrapped in ham, a beef curry, or potato gnocchi with cheese sauce. The chicken was delicious, according to hubby.

I tried the curry - not so delicious, bit dry, so I asked to swap and got the gnocchi, which were really tasty. They were the veggy option.
The in flight entertainment was good, I watched 'the accountant' with Ben Affleck, it was really good.
When we landed, we ran like lunatics to immigration- we weren't the only ones it was like a stampede! Only to find a HUGE queue, it took three hours to go through, and I really felt for the people with young children. Donald Trump can you please make immigration great again?!
After what felt like FOREVER we finally cleared customs, got our bags, and went to Terminal B, bought our magic bands, (so we are Disney ready) and went down the escalator to Alamo, to get the car. We had booked a standard SUV - the first car we were shown was ok, some kind of chevrolet, but it had the fifth seat in the boot on its own, and the luggage was a push, so thankfully the man took pity, he then showed us a gorgeous Ford Explorer special edition, with built in Sat Nav! Woo Hoo! Happy days, Terry was very happy, the car is the highlight of his holiday so I was pleased for him, he has named the car 'Dora' (the Explorer! ) The sat nav worked like a dream, straight to the Marriott Lakeshore Reserve, which looks very nice, our apartment is overlooking a lake, we flung everything into the room, and then went for our first dinner, which by tradition, is always at Millers Alehouse. Our nearest is Hunters Creek.

There was a bit of a wait, and we were so jet lagged by now, we were spinning. Poor Bethany who has never flown long haul before was nearly asleep in her dinner bless her. But at least George was happy now he had some food.

Ribs and fries, our go to meal at Millers. Delicious.
I told the kids that tomorrow we would be going to Magic Kingdom, and having a lovely breakfast with Winnie the pooh and Tigger, to which George replied 'Oh God, they are probably going to really p-ss me off'
And so it begins! Tomorrow - Magic Kingdom

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 11:49 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List