View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 17, 04:47 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 4 - Epcot, CBR, Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom

There's food from lots of places today as we split up for part of the day. Izzy wanted to get a henna tattoo from Epcot and then pop to Disney Springs to buy a couple of things. So, we had breakfast in the room and then left the boys at CBR and headed out for a bit of girly time. Breakfast looked like this:

We got to Epcot at around 12pm and discovered that the henna artist didn't start until 1pm. So, to kill a bit of time we checked out a couple of the food booths using some of our snack credits. From France we had:
Me - Tarte à l’Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian Onion Tart with Sautéed Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky Puff Pastry Crust.
Izzy - Poulet aux Écrevisses, Riz Pilaf: Baked Chicken with Crawfish served with Rice Pilaf.

The tart was okay, but nothing special. Couldn't really taste the thyme and rosemary tbh. A nice enough snack, but not one I'd go back for. Izzy, on the other hand, loved hers. I don't eat seafood, but tried a bit of chicken and rice and it was really tasty. She scoffed the lot and would happily eat it again. It was a decent sized portion too.

In Japan we had:
Me: Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Raspberry Coconut Rice, sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream on the side.
Izzy: Beef Teriyaki Udon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger.

Not being a seafood eater, frushi is the closest I'll ever get to sushi It was unusual, but quite tasty. I'd have liked more of the toasted coconut on it. Would I order it again? Probably not. Feel like I've 'been there, done that' now. Izzy wasn't a fan of the beef and noodles, so I ate it. Again, I didn't think it was anythjng too special, but it was pleasant enough. We also used a snack credit on a bottle of water!

When we got to Disney Springs Izzy said she was hungry still and wished she'd got some chips from the fish and chip shop in the England pavilion as she prefers chunky (proper) chips to fries. So, we popped to Cookes of Dublin and used a snack credit for a portion of chips, and got 2 cups for iced water. When the chips came out, it was a huge portion! We both tucked in and still didn't finish them.

We also stopped in at Sprinkles to get my free birthday cupcake. There was a decent selection and I chose the coconut one which I ate later on. It was very tasty and I didn't find the frosting too sickly like I do with Disney cupcakes.

Meanwhile, back at CBR, the boys had lunch. Some of my teachings have obviously sunk in as they used their mugs for drinks and swapped the meal drink out for a snack. I felt like a proud mother They had:
Andy - Chilli cheese hot dog with fries, followed by a brownie
Brodie - Burger with lettuce and tomato with fries (which Andy ate), followed by a cookie

Andy said the hot dog was really good and he'd have it again. Definitely better than the mahi sandwich. Brodie was happy with his burger too.

Dinner was at Animal Kingdom. We struggle here a bit as we can't go to Flame Tree BBQ due to Izzy's aversion to smoked food and smells, and also can't go to pizzafari as she doesn't eat pizza. Andy and I like yak and yeti, but it's not great for the kids, plus it was so hot out that we wanted somewhere with air conditioning. So, we headed over to Restaurantosaurus. We ordered:
Me - chilli cheese fries using a snack credit. I added some fresh tomato from the toppings bar.
Andy - Double Angus bacon cheese burger with fries.
Izzy - Plain Angus burger with fries.
Brodie - Chicken nuggets and fries.

Not the healthiest selection of food, but it was all tasty and hit the spot Brodie was also happy to have a change from burgers! I also came across our first ever qsdp restricted item. Apparently the standard bacon cheeseburger is included on the plan but the double one isn't. The CM was a lovely man from Yorkshire and figured out a way to put it through for us though

Tomorrow - back to Hollywood Studios and dinner at Rainforest Café.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 01:37 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List