Old 15 Apr 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
I can imagine having a similar debate about DLP vs WDW when we visit in May. I think it is inevitable you will compare, but do so with an open mind (if that makes sense?).
I couldn’t cope with a trip anywhere in the cold. I love the heat and a roasting Florida August is perfect for me. The cold would make me miserable before I’d even started! I’d love to visit DLP at Halloween or Christmas but the weather puts me off.

We’ve decided not to bother with that Lineberty thing at all and just queue for any characters we really want to meet in the Disneyland park. It all sounds far too stressful.

I’ve made a note re Crush. No avoiding at least a jog, if we want to ride it with anything like a reasonable wait

Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed reading this.
I think the comparisons are inevitable you are right though I hope you manage to keep an open mind.

I like the heat too, the hot sweat box of August, it feeling like it's hotter than the surface of the sun with the concrete radiating heat up. I am going to try and not say 'oh it's hot today' too many times this August as clearly I much prefer it.

I'd like to visit at party times, Halloween and Christmas looks so pretty, maybe sometime!

You will be able to meet lots of unusual characters in the main park. The studios only had 4 characters when we were there in Feb.

I think a steady jog for crush is a good idea. Well, it's more realistic and means you won't have to wait so long.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List