Thread: Pocket Money
View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

I think I started giving my two pocket money around the time they were 8-9 years old. They wanted to buy Christmas presents for me and their Dad ‘with their own money’ and I think it was about £5 per month. They are now 14 and 15 and both get £40 per month. DS’s tends to go on Xbox stuff plus the odd day out with his friends. DD’s would usually be spent completely every month on going out. DD now works so I pay her pocket money into her bank and it is savings for Florida. When we get back she’s going to save it for driving lessons as that will only be a year away.

As much as I was happy to give them pocket money so they could start to learn the value of money, it was only when DD started working that she learnt that lesson. She now considers every purchase.

DS still has no idea! I’m giving him extra jobs around the house at the moment so he can earn extra for Florida. I can’t wait until he gets a Saturday job too.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List