View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

I’d booked a free tour at the New Beligium Brewery which was about 30 minute walk from downtown Asheville.

This was really for Neil as I’m not a beer drinker but it was really interesting and what a cool company this would be to work for. Everyone who’s worked there for a year gets a stake in the company, and gets to put something on this board. Then after 10 years they a trip to Belgium where it all started.

We were given lots of free samples and learnt lots about beer!

They have a food truck on site so grabbed bau buns from there after the tour, I forgot to get a picture but these things were amazing!

We had a reservation at Curate that night, booked months in advance as it’s a very popular restaurant. I had sangria to drink and Neil would have had some sort of whisky cocktail. I didn’t do well with the photos here but this is the tomato bread which was amazing.

I had chicken croquettes which were really good.

We had salt fish dip, and squid ink paella, which I forgot photos of, both were incredible.

I did remember dessert Neil had hazelnut panna cotta and I had melting middle almond tart with cherry sorbet.

It was all fantastic, and cheaper than I expected coming to $90 before tip. I can see why this is the highest rated restaurant in Asheville!

Overall we both really liked Asheville, it certainly has a unique vibe and was fun to spend a couple of relaxing days exploring. Next up Dollywood!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List