View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The Will He, Won't He ,Trip

We got married in Florida in September and the original plan was to return for our anniversary however our good friends in Vero Beach will be away cruising in Alaska and although it was a great deal OH isn't quite ready for that much adventure yet (Florida was his first long haul trip he'd never ventured that far til last year so I'm easing him into it gently)

He's very used to me flitting off to the US however. I knew him for years before we got together and he hasn't a problem with it. He loved Florida but the heat and crowds meant he didn't get the Disney bug ... yet. He's a work in progress !

So I suggested we go in April after Easter... he ummed and Ahhed and said "Don't book it yet... not sure if I'll do the kitchen instead and you can still go and stay with our friends"

So he currently thinks I'm holding off booking ...

At £279 return Gatwick MCO and back from MIA with Norweigan I just couldn't do it ... and we are booked !
My current plan is to quietly get everything booked and paid for (no credit cards as he'd see them) and then let him decide if he's coming or not ! Somehow I don't think he'll be doing the kitchen ! (Only cosmetic not a full refit)

So as he's never done IDrive I'm thinking 5 nights possibly at the Enclave before we head south . It's a relaxing trip the only certainty is KSC but I'm thinking of slipping in BG and Aquatica to give him another perspective of theme parks (he loved AK and TL )

Not even sure we'd need a car for I Drive though definitely would for Vero.

So the budget so far is
Flights £556 (hand baggage fare which is fine )
Enclave 5nights TBA but under £400
Carhire need to decide if Lyft makes more sense for the first few days . Obviously will need it for BG, KSC and Vero Beach.
Food we tend to eat a big breakfast and nothing til evening in the heat so lots of scope on I Drive (I'd happily eat at Denny's every breakfast) especially with coupons.
Vero we won't be allowed to spend much we have to fight with our friends to pick up the dinner bill as it is ! Naturally the budget includes a couple of decent bottles of duty free for them.

So not so much a pre trippie as a cunning plan at the moment !

Edited at 01:36 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List