NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Being next door, and a walk on, Mystic Manor would be our next stop. Hong Kong Disneyland does not have a Haunted/Phantom Manor as it conflicts with their religious beliefs, so Mystic Manor tells the story of a traveller and collector whose music box possesses the other items in his home. His cheeky pal Albert the Monkey is to blame for setting off a series of events. It is a lovely attraction, and absolutely worth the hype, cementing Hong Kong Disneyland as one of my top Disney Parks in the world.

After the curry, I fancied an ice cream, so we used our vouchers next – Matt had the Minnie Strawberry Bar (he said it tasted like Funny Feet), and I had the Stitch Popsicle (tasted like raspberry). Both were yummy! I was loving the novelty snacks!

We walked around the Grizzly Gulch next and happened upon Chip & Dale. After a 5 minute wait, it was our turn!

Big Grizzly Mine Train was our next attraction. This is a cross between Big Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest, but not quite as thrilling. I really enjoyed it.

As we walked back around the park, we found the Journey to Halloween Town (a Nightmare Before Christmas walkthrough with trick or treating and the people that make you jump) which was OK. It’s not my favourite kind of attraction but it was a tick in the box. Our niece is enjoying the candy!

Next, we found Toy Story Land, so we rode RC Racer as another walk on, which was fun.

Back on Main Street, Stella Lou was still greeting (I hoped she had switched for Cookie, but no luck) and we found Goofy & Pluto meeting without much of a wait, so we stopped for a photo.

It was time for some drinks next, so we grabbed a Coke and a Water, which came to $580/£6. The band was playing in front of the Castle so we stopped for a moment.

We decided to head for the next showing of Mickey and the Wondrous Book next (like the Magician/Magical Map style shows in Paris and Califnoria) which we really enjoyed. They use the Happily Ever After soundtrack at the beginning and end, and the songs were all in English, even if the dialogue was not. It was fun!

Next, we opted for some re-rides of Ant-Man, Ironman and Mystic Manor, before the Halloween Time Street Party at 4pm (we realised at about 3pm that we had missed the Flights of Fantasy parade at 1.30pm – we would catch it tomorrow). We really enjoyed this parade/street party.

Since we were not too far away, we re-rode Big Grizzly Mine Train next, before heading to the front of the park for some photos, before the sun set, and then Hyperspace Mountain again.

It was getting to dinner time now, so we opted for the Starliner Diner. Matt had a burger, I had fried chicken, and we paid an extra $8/80p for larger sized drinks. The food was pretty good, though lunch was definitely better.

We decided on one more re-ride of Ant-Man today, before heading to the shop for some purchases – two magnets ($48/£5 each), two pins (£85/£8.50 each), a mug ($98/£10), a Chip & Dale fork & spoon ($38/£4 each), carrier bag ($1/10p), and mystery bag (which contained end of line stuff, just for fun - $158/£16).

At 7pm, it was time for the We Love Mickey night time projection show. This was cute, especially as a filler show whilst the castle was under refurbishment.

A note on the Castle – we left for this trip fully expectant to see the Castle under scaffolding. There was no good time for this trip due to weather, bank holidays, park enhancements, etc, so we decided to just go, knowing that the opportunity to return in the future to see the Castle in all its glory would of course be there!). When we got there, we couldn’t believe our luck at the amount that was uncovered.

The final activity of the night would be at 7.30pm for the Jack Skellington’s Villainous Gathering. I am not the biggest fan of the villains but Matt wanted to see it so we stuck around. It was ok, nothing special, though Halloween fans might be more keen.

And that would the end of our day. The park day here is short (10.30am-7.30pm) and we had got nearly everything done, with some new things to try tomorrow. So it was back to the room for…you guessed it…hot tub time! What a treat! Then back to the room to shower, pack (we leave tomorrow ) and sleep.

Steps = 23,890

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 05:51 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List