View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Day 11 - Denny’s, Harry Potter and Bubba Gump Shrimp

On our last trip in 2016 we went to Denny’s a few times, but had somehow missed it out until now on this holiday! We both went for the Grand Slamwich for breakfast, with a side of pancakes. This is such a good dish and so affordable as always with Denny’s - it is essentially all of your usual breakfast items on toasted bread with lots of cheese and the standard American hash browns.

Next up we fancied having a mooch around Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. We are not crazy Harry Potter fans so have never really paid too much attention to the details before, but we really did this day and thought it was all amazing. We are going to try and watch more of the films before we go next time so that we ‘get’ everything a bit more. Here, we picked up a butter beer fudge and a cauldron cake which I had to get after seeing on a YouTube video earlier in the year. The fudge was the OH’s choice - it was nice but a little sickly. The cake, however, was a really good chocolate cake and there was so much icing! We also love that you can keep the cauldron afterwards and there is a recipe on the back of the box, so we’ve actually made it since we’ve been home! 😊 Not quite as good, but close!

After a lovely day exploring, we headed to Bubba Gump Shrimp in CityWalk for dinner. We have seen queues out of the door many times here, so we were pleased to be able to just walk in. First, the OH ordered a very fancy looking coronita and I had the closest thing they had to a strawberry daiquiri. They were really big:

For starter, you guessed it, the OH had a mac n cheese! He said that this was the best one of the holiday and ate it all. I also had some great onion rings.

By this time, we were already pretty full and it is a shame because we didn’t really enjoy our mains. The OH had another chicken burger (there is definitely a theme to his menu choices this holiday!) but this time with guacamole on top. He said it was his least favourite chicken burger of the holiday and didn’t eat even half of what was on the plate. I had a platter of different seafood and I think there was some chicken in there too. It was nice but just massive and I felt like I’d barely touched it by the time the server took it away.

I feel like this was a little unfortunate as I think we’d have enjoyed the food more if all of the portions were just a bit smaller! If I’m honest, I’m not sure if we will come back as the OH doesn’t have good memories of it, but writing this report has reminded me how good that mac n cheese was, so perhaps I can convince him to try it again and just have some starters for lunch one day next year! 😊

Edited at 12:22 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List