View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 14, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Cont.

After Tower of Terror, the second semi final was on the approach and me and Neil decided to nip back to CBR to have a shower and get changed before the evening. We had never done this before which should give an idea as to how hot and sticky we were feeling by only 3pm. So we went for quick change of clothes and said we'd meet everyone on the Boardwalk ESPN bar (of course)

After the game, we took the Friendship boat back to Hollywood Studios

And decided to have a quick drink before our meal at the Derby

Fake natural shot!

Katie and I shared a champagne flight while the lads went for beer.

We checked in at the Derby and were seated within about ten minutes.

I have to say it and it kills me to do so. Our first visit to the Brown Derby was disappointing. There, I said it. On all previous holidays, it remained the only restaurant that we all said we HAD to do twice because we loved it so much. Hence the reason we had two visits to the Derby booked.

It was a combination of the waitress who messed up the desserts, to some of the accompaniments with the food, to the place we were sat. We were sat in the back on the main floor. Our table was quite dark and ‘out of it’ and we were a really long table of eleven when I even said to the woman at the desk that we would prefer to be sat as a seven and a four (trying to make it easier for them to seat us).

It really kills me to say this because the Brown Derby is still responsible for my favourite meal of ALL TIME. Duck Two Ways. So unsurprisingly, I ordered the Duck. And the Disney Legends Flight.

This was a beautiful meal and looking back, I don’t think I gave it enough credit. It’s just that this particular meal at the Derby was surpassed by other meals such as the Shrimp Fettucine at Narcooosee’s and the steak at Le Cellier and I must say, to restore faith in the Derby, the second meal I had at the Derby later in the holiday, the fillet steak.

But yeah the main problem was that the waitress spectacularly screwed up the dessert order as they’ve introduced the three mini desserts thing now (which, as a concept, we weren’t that keen on) but nobody got what they ordered. BOO. But I'd be lying if I said it was a bad meal, it wasn't AT ALL, it just wasn't of the standard we were used to from the Derby.

When we left Hollywood Studios that evening, Rock Your Disney Side was providing a fabulous atmosphere for everyone. Mum, Martin and OB and the Dufflers stayed on to watch the Frozen fireworks (which I watched later in the holiday) but me, Katie, Neil and Jonathan went home to crash.

A tiring but nonetheless, magical day.

Day 9 - Girls/Boys Day, Downtown Disney and Raglan Road is here

Edited at 08:10 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List