View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 16, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

“Have a great day!”
It was about 10:00 when we got to Cabanas and it was pretty busy. We managed to find ourselves a table and hit the buffet. As usual, despite going to the buffet separately, Jo and I ended up with almost identical plates. I suppose after 15 years together it’s to be expected that we have basically the same tastes!

Yum

After enjoying a tasty breakfast we headed back to our stateroom so that Isabella could get changed and hit the kids club. Upon returning we discovered a number of gifts in our fish extender. We took the gifts into the room to look at in more detail later. For now, Isabella was keen to go the club and Jo and I were toying with the idea of going to see a lecture on Norway in the Buena Vista Theatre. After dropping Isabella off at the club, we decided, as it’s right next door, that we would attend the lecture. It was surprisingly busy in there, and there were some blatant examples of people not moving along the rows :angry:

Fish extender goodies

A quick costume change

We found a couple of seats near the front and sat down. And waited. For over 15 minutes! They were having some technical issues which meant that Dr. Marv wasn’t able to get his slides up on the screen. It was eventually solved and he was good to go.

Dr. Marvin Slind - Professor Emeritus of History at Luther College in Iowa - is a second generation Norwegian-American. His talk covered Norwegian history, language, culture, food etc. and was very informative, interesting and even funny in places. We were really glad we decided to attend and definitely learned a few things.

When the talk was over we picked Isabella up and returned to Cabanas for lunch . Having only had breakfast a couple of hours ago we had a light lunch - some mussels and shrimp. Isabella had a selection of fish, ham, cheese, tomatoes and bread.

Waiting for Dr. Marv

Velkommen til Norge

How to say thank you in Norwegian

Pronunciation tips

Scandinavia or Norden

An interesting map showing the latitudinal positions of European cities overlaid on North America

More cuddles

Jo hates shelling shrimp

After lunch we made our way back to the room and were greeted by yet more fish extender goodies and a lovely message on our magnetic white board from the Morgans - "Have a great day!". Back in the room Jo was overcome by an unexpected bout of hiccups, helpfully captured on camera by me

"Have a great day!"

More fish extender goodies

The goodies laid out

Trying not to...

Trying not to...

Hiccup!

Crying with laughter!

Once Jo had recovered it was time for Isabella’s nap and while Jo put her to bed I popped up to deck 9 to get drinks. Up on deck it was a cold and windy day yet there were plenty of people in and around the pool determined to enjoy the day poolside whatever the weather!

I returned to the room to find yet more gifts on in our fish extender and shortly after, the room service arrived that I’d ordered before Isabella had gone to sleep; Grilled Cheddar Cheese Sandwich for Jo, Pepperoni Pizza for me.

After we’d eaten I wrote up my notes and then Jo and I both fell asleep for a bit until we were awoken by room service ringing to ask if our food had been ok. I preferred the old system where they rang BEFORE food arrived to let you know it was coming!

Edited at 03:53 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List