Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

Fichwa!

I have no idea where this photo was taken, going through the photos, this is the first time I have ever seen this

It was hot out but none of us fancied getting wet on Kali River Rapids

We wanted some lunch by now, well it was 11.15am! There was only one place we wanted to go today, Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes.

The menu

We got the Teriyaki Beef Bowl - marinated beef, carrots, snap peas, onions and mushrooms in sweet teriyaki sauce with white rice, $12.79 plus tax, and the Honey Chicken - tempura chicken, carrots, snap peas, honey sauce and white rice, $12.29 plus tax.

We got a diet coke and a sprite, $4.50 each plus tax

We used two quick service credits for these. We also used two snack credits to get a Pork Egg Roll, $3.99 plus tax, and a Chicken Fried Rice Side, $4.29 plus tax.

This was all really good, we love the food from here. The rice pot really is tiny though.

Phil, Madison and Kaley wanted something for a pudding so we went to Tamu Tamu Refreshments. Phil had a Dole Whip Pineapple Float, $5.99 plus tax, and Madison had a Dole Whip Pineapple Cup, $4.99 plus tax

We used two snack credits for these and they were really good and refreshing with it being so hot.

Kaley didn't want anything from here so Phil took her to one of the ice cream carts while Madison and I were waiting for the dole whips. She got a Premium Mickey Bar, no price as he didn't remember what it was. We used a snack credit for this too

She really enjoyed this and didn't get in too much of a mess.

We went over to Creature Comforts so that I could buy the new Starbucks mug. We saw Bethany, Piper and Cody outside (Ryan was inside getting a drink) so we chatted for a few minutes before I went in to buy it. This was $19.99 plus tax

We had done what we had hoped to get done this morning so decided to leave now, stopping for a couple of PP pics on the way out

We went to the toilets just inside the park on the way out, then stopped for a couple more photos, though it was so bright the girls were struggling

Maleficent, Mistress of Evil themed bus

We walked back to the car rather than waiting for the tram and were in the car and on our way at 12.30pm. We were going to Walmart and were at the Old Lake Wilson Road store 10 minutes later. I took a few pictures of the e.l.f makeup and some Ben and Jerry's

It still gets me how many different varieties they have.

My Mum had bought Madison some e.l.f makeup on one of her previous holidays and I have found that it is the best makeup for when the girls need it for dancing. It goes on and comes off really well. Madison wanted to spend some of her birthday money on make up so she got all of these

Madison and Kaley got some different flavour twizzlers

I got more makeup and brushes for dancing for them

I also got our usual must haves of Lucky Charms, US Weekly, Junior Mints, water, some Coors Light for Phil and sun cream that we needed while we were there. We also bought two Contigo tumblers that we could fill with cold water from the fridge in the morning and leave in the car. These were then still cold when we got back to the car after being out. They were $14.72 plus tax each

I had made a list of some things I wanted to buy to bring home, so got more Lucky Charms, Coppertone sun cream, Palmolive washing up liquid (it reminds me of staying in SSR and OKW), a Tide fabric pen, Ranch dressing and Ranch dressing powder, more Twizzlers, Honey Mustard dressing and onion powder.

We didn't have a particularly full trolley but we still managed to spend $132, all the little things soon add up. We were also in there for almost an hour, somehow, like your money, time also disappears in Walmart!

We managed to take a couple of wrong turns on our way back to POR and on our way, we saw:

The Skyliner
Boardwalk
Swan and Dolphin
Epcot
The main Magic Kingdom entrance sign
Fort Wilderness
Golden Oak
Pet Care Centre

And then finally, POR!

In fairness, on many occasions, we did find the going past Fort Wilderness, Golden Oak, etc. to be the best way to get back from wherever we had been.

We got back to our room about 2.10pm

We put all our stuff away and chilled out for a little bit. We wanted to have a wander and to take photos / film, so we left to go out at 2.45pm.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List