VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 10, Family Time, Swimming and Animal Kingdom

The previous day is HERE.

Saturday 12 October 2019

We woke with the alarm at 7am today. Phil and I got up and as we were moving to the house tomorrow anyway, I packed a case of stuff that we knew we weren't going to wear for the rest of the holiday. I also packed our wedding outfits into one of the hand luggage cases.

Madison and Kaley had some cereal, then we all got dressed, put sun cream on and got together the bits we needed for the day.

Phil, Madison and Kaley started taking the packed cases out to the car, then came back and took all the stuff we needed for the day along with some other bits we didn't need until packing properly, like the Bath and Body Works delivery and the things for home we had bought.

Mum had said to take any washing we had so we took that and were in the car and on our way at 8.40am.

Madison snapped the POR sign

And also got the main sign on the drive out

My brother had texted to see what we wanted from IHOP so I had messaged back with what we wanted. They went to pick up the food while we were on our way there.

It only took us 20 minutes to get into Windsor Hills but then there was a detour to get to the house. We followed this, so saw a lot of the estate, but once we got to the house, we could see that we hadn't actually needed to follow it.

The others had moved their cars, and Dave and Ryan were out in one to get the breakfast, so we pulled onto the drive

I'm sure there are more pictures of the house but here are a few taken as we arrived

The entry hall

The living area

The pool

The dining area and part of the kitchen

Just after we arrived, Dave and Ryan got back with the breakfast. I didn't write down what we had, there's just a couple of pictures

This was really good and our share of this was $24.26.

We went and got our stuff from the car then Piper and Cody showed us round the house and in all the rooms.

We all got into our swim stuff and were in the pool by 10am. We mostly filmed this, so don't have many photos

We had the best morning today, we all had so much fun. The kids all loved being in the pool together and it was so good to all be together and have such a good time. Phil, Dave, Ryan and the kids had so many attempts at throwing a small basketball to each other whilst jumping/diving in the pool at the same time as throwing, with the aim to all have caught and thrown the ball and finish with throwing it through the hoop. After many, many attempts, they finally managed to do this. We had so much fun watching them try and were able to film all the attempts too!

After a couple of hours, we all got out and had showers and got dressed, put sun cream on again and did our hair. We were all done by 1.10pm

Madison and Kaley were hungry so had some Pringles, Oreos and strawberries to tide them over.

All dressed and ready to head out

Apart from Mum and Dad, we were all going to Animal Kingdom, though had different FP's so weren't going to be together when we were there. We left at just after 1.30pm and drove via Sherberth Road to AK.

We parked in Butterfly 19

We decided to walk rather than getting the tram and it was definitely the quicker option. We got through bag check quickly and made our way to Africa

All the swimming had made us hungry so we were going to Harambe Market. I had tried to do mobile order from as soon as we got in the park but I couldn't get it to work until we actually got there.

The menu

It was really busy and we had to wait a couple of minutes to get a table, which thankfully was in the shade.

I ordered us the Chicken Gyro, served with African Coleslaw, $11.79 and a Beef and Lamb Gyro, served with African Coleslaw, $11.29. We also got two a Coke Zero and a Fanta, $4.49 each.

The mobile order confirmation

It took a while for this to go through and the app wasn't updating to say if it was being processed or was ready so I went and waited near the pick up point and soon heard them call my name. I collected my order and went back to the table

This was really good, the different meats were really tasty. We shared it between us and ate most of it, leaving just a bit of the coleslaw. It was nice to have something different for a change. As per the order confirmation, this should have cost $32.06 plus tax and we used two QS credits.

We left here as soon as we had finished to use our FP for Festival of the Lion King. I took this picture on the way there

I'd love to know why they were wearing these!

We got to FotLK at 2.45pm for the 3pm show. It was very, very busy, and the CM's kept asking people to move along to get more people in.

The show was really good, we were glad we had seen it.

We came outside when it had finished and the park was so busy. We walked towards the Safari

The wait time for KS was 120 minutes, the longest wait for anything we had seen so far this holiday.

We have never been to Rafiki's Planet Watch so went there

But this was experiencing technical difficulties so we couldn't go.

We walked round to Asia and watched the rapids going past for a few minutes. We decided to go to the Maharajah Jungle Trek, spending some time seeing the animals

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

COMPLETE - Another Birthday Trip, October 2019
COMPLETE - The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015
COMPLETE - Danielle's Report of her Wedding Day
COMPLETE - Five Little Ones Take the Adults!
The link to the post with my Christmas reveal is HERE
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR

Edited at 03:31 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List