Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

At just after 1.20pm, we pulled up at the Longhorn Steakhouse on Vineland

It was lovely and quiet and we were seated immediately. Our server was Chris and he was very good. We ordered four Coke Zero's, $2.99 each for Phil and I, included for the girls with their meals, while we looked at the menu

Looking through the appetiser menu, I saw this Cowboy Queso, all the flavours of your favourite cheeseburger but in a queso. Grilled ground beef with tomatoes, pickles, onion and mustard in a creamy four-cheese sauce. Served with flatbread, $8.99. It sounded good so we ordered it

Our drinks had already been brought to us and they were quickly followed with bread, which was really good

And the Cowboy Queso

This was amazing! It was so tasty and flavourful and delicious; we all loved it. I would have to say that this was the best thing I ate all holiday.

For our mains, Kaley had Chicken Tenders and fries, $6.49

This was really good, the chicken tenders were very tasty, the batter on them was really good. It was a really big portion but she managed to eat a fair bit of it.

Madison had Sirloin with Fries, $8.49

She really enjoyed this and ate all of the steak and most of the chips.

Phil had the 12oz New York Strip, $20.49. He chose fries as his side

He really enjoyed this too, the steak was very tasty.

I had the 8oz Flo's Filet, $23.99. I had mashed potatoes as my side

This was delicious, the steak was so tender and flavourful and the mash was really good. The one downside to the QS dining plan was the lack of steak dinners we had. This had ended up being a fantastic last meal of the holiday.

The total for our meals was $79.27, with the tip being $14.27. I think this was very reasonable for what we had ordered and the food was all really good. This was another place we hadn't been to before and we were really glad we had came. We will definitely come again on another trip.

We were in and out of here in just under an hour but we hadn't felt rushed in any way. It must have been about 2.15 - 2.20pm by now. One of our ideas for today had been to go to the Boardwalk to hire a boat but we had left the house a lot later, and been at DS a lot longer than we thought we would, so we decided not to.

Phil wanted to have a look at the big wheel (I'm sure it has a proper name but I don't know what it is! ) at Icon Park so we went there, it wasn't far and we got there about 2.40pm.

It is so tall!

Phil took a few photos here then we went inside

And walked through to the other side. I don't have pictures but it was a lovely area outside, there were places to eat and a few shops I think. They also had the Star Flyer here

After watching for a while, Kaley said she would go on this. There was no way I was going on it and rides like this are the only thing Phil won't go on. He doesn't like that the seats are attached by chains.

We wandered around for another 20 minutes or so. It was another really hot and bright day. Finished looking around, we went back to the car

With still a bit of time before we needed to get to the airport, we went back to Florida Mall, getting there at 3.20pm. We parked near Dillards again, nothing to do with it being so close to Bath and Body Works! We had a look around Macy's and Yankee Candle, before making our way back to BaBW

I bought a soap holder, a car vent clip and some car fragrance refills, spending $45.80 including tax

I'm really glad I got these as the smell in the car from them is lovely and strong and they last for ages.

We left and stopped at the RaceTrac just after the mall, on Sand Lake Road, to top up the petrol. I went in and pre-paid $7 and it only took $4.15 to fill the tank

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List