Old 1 Mar 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I book lots of USA hotels as I favour driving/multi location vacations.

I had 9 hotels for March 2020 and 10 when rearranged for August 2020, all at the very best rates that I could find.

All were cancellable up to 48 hours before occupation for a full refund and most were in addition, pay on arrival in any case. Same with 4x car hires (between the two vacations).

Every one of them bar one cancelled and refunded where appropriate... within a few days. The other one took a month. I will hopefully be driving right past it in San Simeon in August!

Why on earth would anyone touch a company with terms other than this, even with a very long barge pole?

My terms and conditions for all 9 this August are the same.. if you are that keen on a particular hotel, then why not try a direct approach, put your cards on the table and hopefully cut Virgin out of the equation?
I definitely agree with all of this. Booking hotel only with Virgin can be pretty good though(no way would I do a package) especially some of the Universal hotels especially if it’s a longer stay as they usually have more than seven nights promotion and free parking for Cabana Bay. I suppose you have to weigh up the risks about their cancellation policy. I’m looking at hotel only with them but will more than likely book direct with the hotel.

Edited at 06:30 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List