View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Pixie and Co. Take on Disney!

This will be our holiday report, if you'd like to catch the pre-trip thrad, go HERE

So, we stayed in the premier Inn Paisley before grabbing our flight across the big pond (didn't see any ducks )

Our kids didn't know we were going on holiday other than that we were going to Glasgow so we told them the night before we flew. They didn't believe us to start and thought we were pulling their legs (NOPE!)

I am pretty sure I seen every hour in that hotel room. Warm is a huge understatement! I'm sure I lost a few lbs just lying in there cooking away haha!

We checked-out at 7.50am and headed to our carparking which was for 8am. We used skyport and it was fab. Waited a few mins for the free bus to the airport and we were at check in by 8.20ish! Was through check in in around 15mins then headed to pick up our special assistance lanyard. They were great with our son and it really did help. It got us through priority security and also got us boarded on the plane first too.

Anyway! On to breakfast which consisted of us eating sausages on a roll and looking at all the planes parked. Before we knew it, it was boarding time! We got settled into the plane first and not long after we were on our merry way! Goodbye dreary Scotland, hello Sunny Florida!

Flying on Barbarella

We flew with Virgin and felt like we were always getting fed passes the time I guess but not so great when you hit quite rough turbulence 🤢🤢 that lasted around an hour! besides the fact I got my insides juggled about and still feel a bit squiffy now, the flight was fab. Arrived at the airport on the and was through security and on the magic express by around 4.30? I'll be honest, I was as excited as the kids at this point so all clock watching stopped haha.

We're finally here!

We are now settled down into our SSR grandstand room and I have to say it is gorgeous. Lying here at 5.45am; not so great haha. I'm so surprised the kids lasted until 9pm Orlando time! That's like 2am! They're still catching some Zzz's so I'm preparing for our first full day - typhoon lagoon then planet Hollywood Observatory!

Wish I brought a laptop to type... Using a phone is poo

Edited at 09:37 AM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List