View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

DAY 2: Hollywood Studios

First park day! yippee!

body clock was still not sorted so was looking at the time crawl past from 5am onwards... we needed to be up and ready to catch the bus for Hollywood studios for around 8am as we had breakfast reservations for Hollywood and Vine at 9:10am.

we got there with time to spare so made our way to H&V at a leisurely pace. after giving our names and being seated within 5mins we were just in time to have our table visited by Handy Manny! Kids were a bit reserved to begin with but soon got into the swing of things. Soon my son was hanging of Jake and pretending he was a pirate too and my daughter was giving loving hugs to Princess Sophia.

H&V is an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast buffet; lots on offer (even for a fusspot like myself) we filled ourselves up on breakfast pastries and mickey waffles and then it was time to roll ourselves out of there an explore the park in volcanic-like heat!

we done ;
  • toy story mania (loved it!) muppets 3D
  • attempted tower of terror (kid 1 chickened out, kid 2 make it all the way to the left before saying he didn't want to anymore; good effort though son)
  • Star tours (kids LOVED this, OH felt a bit sick)
  • Disney Jr Live! (kids loved this)
  • and managed to grab a fastpass for Fantasmic! at night ( Glad we did, we were slap bang in the middle with a great view)

during our trip to HS we managed to bump into chip 'n' dale (my Hubs fav! so of course a photo had to be had) my son also got interigated by some stormtroopers on patrol for wearing 'rebel scum' hat haha (he had a BB-8 hat on and a stormtrooper t-shirt; walking contradiction haha)

Dinner that night was at the Sci-Fi Dine-in. LOVED sitting in a wee car! haha. I'm easily amused. Food here was delish but hard to get a photo of since you're sitting in practically pitch black pretending to be at a drive-in. Our server was fab too - reminded me of the Dude with the glasses from Flight of the Concords

there was so many shows we missed out on but planned on going back to HS (we never managed in the end, not to worry!) We ended our night with Fantasmic and this was spectacular. i would highly recommend this to anyone going (but take ear defenders if your kids don't like loud noises)

Edited at 06:22 PM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List