View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

2nd In A Lifetime Trip - Fun In The Oven That Is Florida! LIVE (ISH)

So, travel day was eventful! We drove down to Manchester (only 317 miles! 😲 ) The night before our Thomas Cook flight and were a bag of nerves. Arriving to the airport on travel day; I have never felt more uncertainty than that in my current 33years of living! I'd hate to think how the poor crew were feeling 😢

We were sat at the departure lounge with no real clue on if our flight would even go ahead (Thomas Cook 11.55 flight) we were aware of all the meetings and goings on so my wee brain was going crazy (doesn't help the anxiety!) Looked on the Manchester airport app and no Thomas Cook flights were here! Oh man I panicked big time! ... But eventually (11am) our flight gate popped up and so that was one less hurdle to pass now. Next up, boarding the plane and actually getting into the air.

In my head I was thinking if we get off the ground they can't possibly ask us to turn around can they?! So once we were airborne I felt a load of stress fall away.

Flight was fantastic. Crew were fantastic and very professional despite the impending doom of loosing their jobs. In all honesty I rate that flight higher than our last virgin flight. So much cleaner, nice food and it felt less cramped but that's maybe me trying not to feel claustrophobic 😆.

Touch down was 45 mins earlier than expected, got through security pretty darn quick but bags took what seemed like forever! (It was probably 30 mins ha) after making it to the main airport building and seeing signs for Disney magic express, you just can't help but smile. We were back!

Aboard the magic express and of to AKL we went...

This hotel is stunning! We are in one of the new renovated rooms and it's very clean and spacious feeling. LOADS of storage and although our balcony is a bit on the rubbish side, there is still plenty room out there to sit and take in the Florida heat (we can also see the giraffes in the savanna but it's a bit of an obstructed view)

Food at the Mara and a little nose around the resort before bed. I went out like a light. So damn tired!

Tomorrow is typhoon Lagoon 😄

Edited at 11:00 AM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List