View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Shop, Eat, Sunbathe, Repeat! May 2020 - Pre-trip report

Hi everyone!

So we’re back to the Sunshine State for 2 weeks in May, 1st to 15th to be exact!
I warn you now, I don’t have a very good track record for trip reports, the only one I’ve ever completed is our wedding trip report which you can find here. The other two times I’ve managed the pre-trip report, oops!

However I’m determined this time and if you’re anything like me and you’d prefer to read the trip reports that involve a lot of shopping, eating and pottering around then all day every day parks, you’re in for a treat!

I’ll get the introductions out the way first:
Me (Lucy) 27
Shopaholic, sun worshipper and foodaholic haha
Husband (Chris) 30
NFL fan (Go Dolphins!), wearer of ball caps and foodaholic also

We tend to share planning responsibilities, so he’s suggested some activities and so have I, although he is chief driver!

The title gives away what our main plans are, but we do have a beach day in mind at Anna Maria Island and we definitely want to go to the Orlando Science Centre

I feel a bit fed up with the outlets in Orlando, the deals are just not as good as they used to be, so I’ve planned to pop into the Ellenton outlets on the way back from AMI and Chris is happy to drive to Lutz, which is just outside of Tampa, to go to the outlets there
There’s a Disney outlet there that I’m hoping won’t have a 10 hour que to get in

We’re staying at a villa in Doral Woods, which is near Poinciana, the villa itself is absolutely beautiful!
We did have a bit of a heart attack moment a few weeks ago when the villa owner contacted us to say they were selling the villa! Luckily they had another villa in the next road across so she transferred our booking to that one, phew!

Flight wise, we’re flying Virgin from Manchester, changing in Atlanta then down to Orlando, the second legs with Delta
We got a pretty good deal on the flights and both me and Chris are aviation nerds so were very keen to fly on a 747 again before they’re retired!

I think they’re the main details anyway, I’ve got a list of restaurants on my phone we want to try and I think a lot of our time will be spent in Disney Springs, malls and at the villa!

Thanks for reading the pre-trippy!
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List