Thread: Virgin holidays
View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin holidays

Need some advice guys and gals! So we booked our holiday to Dominican republic in January this year staying at the Now larimar, due to fly this coming Thursday. However around 5 weeks ago i received a call from Virgin to say that unfortunately the hotel we had booked and paid for had decided to shut and they needed to change our hotel. This was a 5 star beautiful resort, they told me not to worry as they had secured 2 rooms at another hotel, the dreams punta cana
well after looking at this hotel i just didnt feel happy! We have been looking forward to this holiday and i felt deflated, anyway after a week of discussions we agreed to accept their offer of hotel this time the Now Onyx punta cana. Everything was sorted so i thought until today they phone me while at work to say that unfortunately again the hotel they had secured had over booked and we didnt have a room there now, but they had managed to secure another 2 rooms at the dreams dominicus ! I told them i was not happy and this was not acceptable as we leave for the airport Wednesday afternoon, i was at work while all this was going on and didnt have time to look at the hotel properly but after spending the evening having a look, i just dont feel happy! Its not a hotel i would of picked but feel i have no choice other than accept unless i want to cancel our holiday! Going a later date isn't a option due to work commitments! Virgin has offered us £500 refund! The holiday was nearly 7K ! Anyone have some advice cause I'm so fed up and really not sure what to do!

Edited at 10:52 PM.
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List