View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 12, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post

We absolutley love DLP and only have a few weeks till our 3rd trip this year! I have never once met a rude CM - whenever I have needed one, they have helped me beyond the "norm". I noticed 1 set of toilets with a bit of a funky smell (in village next to sports bar) but as mentioned, its within the environmental policy to use recycled water which for me, is worth the smell. Yes, counter service is expensive, however, at any theme park in the world you will find this. I find a childs meal more than adequate in portion size and is only equivilant price to a UK McDonalds meal. It def seems more expensive now the £ is so weak against the euro (maybe this is why WDW seems like better value?)
Re. cost of going, our next trip is costing us £140 per adult for hotel and flights - can't go wrong IMO. I would never pay some of the crazy prices I sometimes see on here and IMO, more research can be done to avoid high costs and also money saving tips whilst there.
I did notice smoking a bit more this year but that may be because I have given up since our last trip. Its easy to avoid and no different to spending the day in any UK town.
One thing I have noticed is that all of the -ive comments have come from frequent WDW visitors. I appreciate that it is hard not to compare, however, they really are 2 very different places and as such should be judged in their own right. Just because they don't do something at DLP that they do in WDW does not make it wrong or bad, just different! On our March trip we took friends who have been to Florida 9 times and they loved DLP. They went with no pre conceived ideas and came away wanting to go back - they even commented about mayny aspects of DLP that they much preferred to WDW :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List