View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 14, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks all for your kind words and good wishes.
Tabz than you I will come back to you if I ever decide what I want!
Juliab exciting that we are getting married a day apart. I will be thinking of you too and can't wait to see pictures.

I have made some progress today:

The dress - is bought! It's very simple as I planned and not totally wedding like but I love it so that's the main think. I've ordered a little bolero to go with it as it might be cool in the ballon at sunrise ! Or at the wishes cruise ... What do you think? It's florida in August it's going be boiling right! Or raining hot water !

The shoes - I have shoes now but I'm not sure about them tbh. Shoes in a balloon and suitable for a wedding even though it is laid back is tricky. So I'm going to try and jazz them up and see what I think then . I want a heel because I'm tiny and my partner is tall but I can't wear silk ( I'm going to be in a field! and I need something semi sensible). I did think about the four of us wearing a different colour pair of converse each perhaps with lace laces. But that won't give me any height. I then tried some irregular choice shoes but they felt weird so I went with a pair of ivory wedge espadrilles. Th love the lave fronts but the rope bits umm not so sure. So that bit of my outfit needs work.

My ring is also ordered. It needs shaping to my other ring so apparently I was cutting it fine:/

Beauty aspects - have me a little perplexed. Our balloon service is a sun rise so I don't thing getting my hair or makeup done is very practical. I wear very little makeup so I'm going to have to practice and as for my hair. Well it's naturally curly and phone to frizz in humid weather. ... It's not going to be a good luck is it! Any way I've book for a cut and highlights a good week before I go and again I will just have to practice up and down styles. I do have my nails done every couple of weeks so as from wed I am going to test colours.

No a question what do I do about my glasses? Mine are dark tortoiseshell and mint green. I think I need subtle new ones ( but not sure that's me ) or contacts. What do you all think?

I have dug out a little purse that mum embroidered for her own wedding. She gave it me years ago and I thought that might be my something old.

I've talked to the girls about their outfits and boy is that going to be challenging. I've told them that they can have whatever they want ( subject to cost) so long as they go together. So far they are struggling to agree. I'm going to book a day shopping and refuse to come home until they are sorted.

We have looked at outfits for OH but that's going to be even more challenging so I've given up

So some progress but not great. We have been somewhat distracted by my eldest getting her first job she is going to be teaching year 1 infants from Sept and is so happy. we are just waiting for her results, when they are confirmed I might be able to concentrate.

Busy days at work this week but back to it as soon as possible

Jo x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List