View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I've been meaning to read this for such a long time - so glad I'm finally getting around to it!

Good start at F & B's. I must admit I quite like it there and your food all looks good. There's a lot of it though!

Gosh, what a stress over the lost purse. I blame travel day nerves entirely... I've done the same myself and I'm sure it's the stress of travel day that makes my brain not function properly! Anyway, onto the food... Breakfast at Sonoma looks really nice, although it seems there were a few small issues with it, the picture certainly looks good!

Ah, more travel day stress with the aeroplane problems. Glad you got there safely, if uncomfortably in the end. Average plane food, and a bit stingy on the drinks. Not going to comment on your car journey other than to say... been there, done that... nightmare!

Kona- shame you were disappointed in your pumpkin pancakes, especially after making a last minute change to your original choice. Nik's omelette looks good, and I'm a big fan of home-fried potatoes from anywhere.

Geyser Point - the brisket dish looks delicious, and a large portion for a starter. How disappointing that the bison burger wasn't as good as you expected, it looks good as do the waffle fries.

Oh dear, this is turning into a trip of lost things... I hope the phone incident (x2 ) was the last one on this trip.

Boma - I like the look of your adult plate here, although I do like my meat well done so not sure I would have the sirloin. I will admit to also liking the look of Nik's plate, I would happily eat everything on there except the corn dog. Looks like there's lots of choice, something for everyone. The desserts look divine

Well done on visiting 11 resorts in one day.. that's an impressive total.

I'm glad you like Coronado Springs. You'll know I've never stayed onsite, but we were hoping to book a big family holiday with DDP for next year and our resort of choice was CSR after visiting it on our last trip. The holiday is unlikely to happen now as I can't see anyone wanting to put deposits down in April given all the uncertainly, but hopefully some day we'll make it there. We were impressed with the Gran Destino Tower too, it's really beautiful inside.

High prise indeed for the burger at Yak & Yeti... it does look lovely. Bit of a shame the fries let the whole meal down a bit.

Maya Grill - I have to admit to not being a huge fan of Mexican food, but everything you had here looks really nice. Massive portions - I'm not surprised you couldn't finish it all.

Breakfast in the castle is certainly expensive. I agree Nik's breakfast looks a small portion, but the pastries look nice to fill up on.

I've heard lots of good things about the cinnamon rolls from Gaston's - a must try for us next time I think.

Such a shame you were disappointed in BOG again. We've only eaten dinner there and I have to admit we all loved it. I'd really like to try the breakfast particularly, although your lunch looks good as well. The French dip sandwich sounds right up our street, I'm a bit sad you don't rate it.

Yachtsman - Can you choose how your steak is cooked at the Disney steakhouses like in any other steakhouse or does it always come out med rare? I just can't eat my meat like that and it would put me off booking any of them if I can't have it well done The sides all look good, and the truffle mac & cheese especially yummy. It's a good idea to have them all in separate dishes for sharing. The desserts are beautifully presented, and your caramel apple mousse particularly sounds like something I would enjoy very much.

Trattoria al forno - Again, the pastries look delicious - a great way to start the day IMO! Nik's breakfast looks nice, and a decent portion. Shame the bacon wasn't quite crispy enough for him - I always find the American breakfast places overcook the breakfast for my taste, but you seem to be finding the opposite! Bit disappointing that your steak was tough and not well enough seasoned.

HBD - Another nice lunch. I have to say I prefer Nik's choices to yours. The chicken sandwich sounds and looks lovely, and does the chocolate mousse cake. Your burger does seem to have a lot going on, and I'm also not sure about eggs on burgers - very messy when the yolk breaks I imagine!

Disappointing all round at Sunshine Seasons apart from the mac & cheese and your strawberry dessert. Like you said, at least you've tried it now.

The Ghirardelli drinking chocolate looks so thick and dark, like a chocolate sauce rather than a drink! The Mickey pretzel with cheese sauce looks good though. Overall, very mixed reviews of your F & W festival offerings. It's a bucket list item for me to "eat around the world" so I'm always interested to see what people choose from the booths there.

Le Cellier - a triumph for the puddings here - both look amazing. Crème brulee is my absolute favourite dessert and teamed with maple flavour sounds like heaven.

Really enjoying reading your report Colette, going to start a new reply for the rest as this one is getting a bit long!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List