View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
This is a really interesting post and maybe explains why it isn’t necessarily an oldie v newbie argument as to whether it’s losing its magic as it is very much what you define as ‘magic’.

This is genuinely not even remotely on my radar as something that is no longer done, I was unaware that it was happening therefore it’s not something I miss (maybe I’m just unobservant 😊 ) and it certainly wouldn’t spoil my holiday

The CM this year continued to call my DD princess, we got a nice welcome at the park entrance and at each stop on the skyliner so not noticed any lowering of standards in that department.

The magic I do miss is the Main Street electrical parade and, back in the day, the characters just walking round the parks rather than being out at set times.
Don’t get me wrong on our last trip last month we had the most amazing time. Seeing my grandkids faces at character interactions was worth it’s weight in gold. The magic for us with them was definitely still there, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not aware of how much has changed and how the little things are different.
For example restrooms were once immaculate from park opening until park closing. Not so much now.
Every park had an afternoon parade. Now only MK has one.
Not one park had an evening parade unless it was for an additional ticketed event.
In the main Disney store at Disney Springs there was literally not one single outfit of any description that I could buy for my eleven month old grandson. I spoke to the CM who told me to go to Walmart as they have a far better selection of Disney clothes.
That’s just a few small differences. Will I go back ? Yes without a doubt to give the baby his Disney turn when he is around three or four. In the interim we will continue to cruise with Disney and may even pop over to Disneyland Paris for an odd day or two here and there.
I loved our trip, but the changes are very visible to me.