View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 19, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Day 9. Moving on again

We packed up and left about 10.30 this morning. We were sad to be leaving, we had enjoyed both the house and also the desert (far more than anticipated) and I for one would have liked to have spent more time in the BP, more time exploring the local area and had a visit to palm springs and the Tramway there. I guess we really need a couple of months to do this trip justice 😂

As we were pretty much passing it we took a short detour to pioneertown (a small town built as a wild west film set in the 50s). There isn't much to do there except look around and take pics but I enjoyed it, it was something a bit different. There was one small shop open selling pottery. On the weekends there are gunfights to watch and more shops open I think.

We stayed about 30 mins. I enjoyed it.

We headed on to la jolla (which we discovered is pronounced la Joya) and it took about 2.5 hours. We stopped in temecula as OH was struggling without coffee. Unfortunately we missed the signs for old Town and ended up in mcdonald's 🙄 as we left we drove through I a tiny bit and it looked a nice place for a pitstop. Some time before this we saw a sign for an air museum and as we passed it thought it looked interesting (lots of old planes and helicopters), we might have stopped here if we had known what it was before we were passing it on the other side of the road.

The drive over here is pretty amazing with a the impressive landscapes as you go.

We're staying at the Inn by the sea and it is nice, nothing too exciting but pleasant, clean and good location. Once we checked in we had a stroll down to the sea, walked along until we saw the seals and back up for dinner. We ate in Piazza which was very nice, although our most expensive meal so far at $175 Inc tip for a sharing starter, 3 pizzas, ravioli, 2 desserts and 2 glasses wine. The starter was a platter calamari, Prawns, courgette and artichokes in a light gf batter (delish 😋 ). I had a gf pizza and the boys had a choc soufflé each which was also gf so I shared 😁

Chilling out now with a bottle of wine.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List