View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Chef Mickey’s breakfast

As we were back so late, I thought perhaps we might beat the dreaded jet lag but 4.30am rolled round and everyone was wide awake. I was glad I’d booked a 7.25am reservation at Chef Mickey’s to kick start the holiday. We left Art of Animation about 6.10 and managed to get on a bus pretty much straight away. We were held at Magic Kingdom’s security until 6.45am and then allowed through as we had a reservation. It was just a 10 minute walk to the Contemporary from there.

Atmosphere - Chef Mickey’s gets mixed reviews but I love the location with the buzz of the monorail and the views of the lagoon. We were in a nice airy part of the restaurant and, especially with it being our first morning, the lively (and loud! ) nature of it there suited us.

Service - Our server was ok. She was welcoming enough. Drink refills were hard to come by but overall I think service here was good. Someone also came by to check each table had seen all the characters which I thought was nice.

Food - We checked in at 7am despite our reservation being a bit later which was a bonus. The food was all fresh out and readily refilled. I enjoyed my first cheesy breakfast potatoes of the trip (I have dreamt about these ever since we last came 😍&#128525. Here are some buffet plates below:

This was cheesy potatoes, breakfast potatoes, tofu scramble, asparagus, bacon and sausage. I loved all of these except the tofu (consistency was a bit too spongy for me).

This was eggs Benedict type thing, sausage, bacon, corn beef hash, cheesy potatoes, ham and cheese scramble. All a big hit!

They have a lowered children’s buffet which was nice. This is my son’s plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, tater tots and French toast. He ate really well here which was great. The only non starter was the French toast which was “disgusting” in his words.

Finally my daughter did the classic thing of being far too excited about the characters to eat a bite of food. In the end I resorted to chocolate based foods and ended up paying $28 for her to eat some chocolate chips 😂😂 I ate her waffles and they were delicious! Are you even in Disney world if you’re not eating something shaped like a mouse!

Character experience - It does feel somewhat like a conveyor belt in this place. The characters did a cuddle and then an autograph and then on their way. Goofy was great and made a few jokes with my son by crossing out all the other characters on his T-shirt and saying he was number one. The interactions can be rushed here which is why it’s good to try somewhere like Garden Grill as well where they tend to have more time to spend with you.

Overall it is an expensive meal. I can see how it’s good value on the dining plan (ours doesn’t start until we change resorts tomorrow) but it suited us as it gave our only non park day a real Disney kick. Here is the receipt so people can get an idea of a cost of a character breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children along with recommended tip amounts 😊

Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List