Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Feb 15, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Our Wedding,Shopping, Park Hopping Trip Day 9:Shoots,Shrimps, Studios and Stellar Snoozes

The day before is HERE

Day 8 Thursday 20 November

After getting up in the night to block out the light from the oversized gap under the door ( using towels), we both had a really decent nights sleep.

I have to say the bed was super comfy and absolutely huge.

Happily they also sorted the horrible racket from the vending thing round the corner.

Also happily, it was so cold, it seems not many people were making use of the water taxi late at night so we were not disturbed.

I imagine this room must be horrendous in the height of summer with people coming and going up until the wee small hours.

We woke feeling very rested and my cinnabon was very tasty, although clearly best eaten when the icing is gooey and warm.

We were pleased to see on the news that some sunshine was heading our way .

We were due to meet Randy Chapman at 10 in reception and attracted a fair few odd looks traipsing across the bay in our cocktail outfits !

But hurrah, the sun was out and Randy was waiting for us and we then spent a lovely couple of hours having some brill pics taken, We have over 500 pics, so just a sample of some …. PBH does make for a great backdrop

Ah there are so many , we are thrilled with all of them and it is a fabulous location.

We couldn’t quite believe it though that of all the days, today was the day that they were putting up a massive tree in the bay so Randy had to work really hard not to get the tree, crane and workmen in the photos ! Yes of all the days, it had to be today there was a bleddy massive crane in the harbour.

More photoshoot pics are HERE

Edited at 10:01 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Yeah, never mind the Clooneys eh !

Sneaked in a last one ! Enough now, I could go on and on but you want to see park pics !

All too soon , it was over, Andy had really got into the swing of it by the end ….

We paid up our balance and trotted off to get changed . It was nice to be making the most of the sunshine as we got the watertaxi over to Citywalk for lunch at Bubba Gumps

We decided we would have a good lunch at Bubba Gumps to see us through an afternoon in the parks

We do like it in here

Andy had a couple of beers and I had a strawberry lemonade

We decided against a starter - I had my eye on dessert already
After some advice from the server ..

I had Mamas southern fried chicken - omg this was delicious but too much Andy finished off the second piece of chicken

two chicken fillets, corn , mash and gravy

side on , still mahoosive !

Andy had the Bucket ' O Trash - Fried Fish, Shrimp and Crab with a side of fries

it was all very good - better than our knowledge of the film for sure !

We shared ( as in I had 90% and Andy ate what was left) the dessert sampler

Bread pudding, strawberry shortcake and an Apple pie - bread pudding was my favourite

The bill was just under $74 with tax and I think we left $90 in total as the server was great

It was a really delicious feast.

We went from here to check out the films at the cinema and opted for the 8.10 showing of Interstellar.
A leisurely walk over to the Studios, the sun is still out but a slight chill from the wind is setting in.

Andy was still in photoshoot mode

The first stop is Despicable Me

It was only 5 minutes with the Front of the Line passes, 30 minutes in Standdby . Its good fun, we are right in the front row. It’s a great ride

We take a nice stroll through the park area and see the Blue Brothers pulling up. We stop to watch the show, its always a favourite and no kids to be embarrassed by our singing and dancing along – even better !

They just wouldn’t keep still for photos though – how inconsiderate !

Ah, it was great fun, we loved it. It was just after 3pm as we made our way over to Transformers

This was a 10 minute wait on standby and a walk on with the FOTL
Another one that we really enjoyed.

Our plan was to tackle Diagon Alley on early entry tomorrow but as we were in the area, we decided to take a look – well more like I dragged Andy along…

Edited at 04:13 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Then we wandered into the actual Alley itself – I think prior to that we had spent some time discussing the odd numbering of the houses in Grimauld Place – something which had escaped me but Andy was sure the numbers were not in the right sequence. No number 14 ? 11,12, 13 and then 15 ?

It was busy but manageable inside and truly superb level of detail

The attention to detail everywhere is incredible, its so impressive

I was busy snapping away, I think Andy was a bit bored at this point though – we didn’t get into any shops as they did seem quite packed out.

I waited patiently for the fire breathing to take place !

Edited at 04:18 PM.
Old 15 Feb 15, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We could see that Gringotts was only at 30 minute wait so we decided to give it a go as it would take some pressure off having to make an early start tomorrow. I did find the locker business a total faff – they are incredibly packed areas and just seem such a faff .

We joined the queue at 3.30 and were on the ride at 3.55 so pretty decent at 25 minutes

Great theming again although the mandatory photo bit I think is so blatantly commercial and just adds time to the queue

These lights were incredible – it made us think of the Only Fools and Horses Chandelier sketch though !

The ride was good but quite jerky and seemed to be over very quickly.

We were back outside at 4.10 so 40 minutes from entering to exiting. Standby time by now as 45 minutes. We had found it fun but it wasn’t a priority to rush back for in the morning. We took a walk around the lake to the Simpsons area, opting to miss the MiB and Simpsons ride themselves.

Creepy carp

Arty bird

We had a drink at the Duff bar but by now, it had got noticeably colder .

It was really cold so I got a drink with shed loads of ice ….

We had some fun here though watching the Simpsons clips and watching the world go by.

We caught the parade as we were leaving , er, not one to write home about is it ?

We decided we didn’t want to stay out any more and that being warm in the hotel room was a much better option so we watched tv for a few hours and I caught up on my notes .

PBH looked lovely in the twilight as we arrived

We set off again at 7.15 to the cinema. I love Citywalk at night, all the lit up.

Tsk tsk these people who will insist on being in your shot !

The cinema was very cheap, $26 for the two of us and $22 for a massive popcorn box and drink. Way cheaper than at home.

The screening was quite empty and the film was very long. It was so warm and the film so drawn out that I have to confess to falling asleep. Which wasn’t a good idea as I then lost the plot literally and as its such a complex film,? I spent the next three days every now and again going “ so what happened to the son then” .

I really love sci fi and was surprised Andy had picked this – his last trip to the cinema was Avatar.

He declared the film to be really good as we left but the next day he had decided it wasn’t really good after all and he wished we had picked something else.

It was about 1130 now and Citywalk was still buzzing. Andy was a bit hungry but too tired to be bothered to queue for any food so we got the boat back. PBH looks lovely all lit up

We decided to stop at the Thirsty Fish for a nightcap- Andy has a beer and I chose a Butterscotch Brew ( clearly thinking it was like ButterBeer). It wasn’t my thing at all and it was blimmin massive ( Bourbon, Butterscotch and Cream Soda, it wasn’t very nice)

Nice bar to lounge in though

Andy was still hungry but everything seemed closed and we couldn’t get our bearings for the Deli so we called it a night. The plan being to get up early for 8am park opening tomorrow but that seems a bit unlikely as we dropped into be by now cold and really tired !

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Old 15 Feb 15, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

A better and warmer day today. LOVE your photos done by Randy, perfect.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 15, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

The photoshoot pics are fab Amanda and a lovely day, I loved Diagon Alley attention to detail was amazing but will definitely need to back as we were there 2days after opening, it was mad but I couldn't leave without going!
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 15, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Yes we do like park photos (and your park photos from today are great) but not at the expense of your photo shoot ones! Would love to see more of them as they are just beautiful.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 15, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great pictures x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 15, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
VIP Dibber

You'd never know you were actually in Florida looking at your photoshoot pictures! What a fab resort.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 15, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
LouB
Excited about Disney

We were at Universal too that day, I've looked closely at your pics in case we make it into any of them, but sadly no😄. It was absolutely freezing though wasn't it. Lots of people were walking around with padded jackets, gloves and hats on and whilst that made me smile during the day, come nightfall I was a little envious of them. Love the Randy Chapman photos.

Crescent Lakes Sept/Oct 2002
Buena Vista Palace and Spa mar/Apr 2006
Windsor Hills Nov 2009
Indian Ridge Oaks March 2011
SSR, Windsor Hills, Highgate Park, HRH Oct/Nov 2014
Cabana Bay, HRH, BWV , Windsor Hills Oct/Nov 2017

Edited at 12:45 AM.
LouB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List