Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Feb 15, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Our Wedding,Shopping, Park Hopping Trip Day 11: Yummy Cakes and Steaks but the Rain is a A Pain

And we had a fun time in Publix !

the previous day is HERE

Day 11 Saturday 22 November

Finally , we sleep in till 7 am – yes with two days to go we finally adjust to Orlando time, great work there !

It looks like the weather isn’t going to play ball today

So I change our fastpasses to a bit later in the day when it is supposed to be brighter. That means we will make a last shopping stop this morning before it gets too busy.

Of course we haven’t done nearly enough shopping as the empty bags testify

We finish off the packing – well, sort of. One case is 21kgs, another is 24kg and the 3rd is 25kg and we haven’t got enough room in our handluggage to take anything out of the cases.

We will need to get some proper cabin cases to deal with the overflow.

Even doing the Heidi look of wearing multiple layers isn’t going to be quite enough – lets face it , we should have just shipped the wedding outfits home in a box and freed up the case!

We head off to Perkins for breakfast – much busier as it’s a weekend
Andy has the Heartyman’s combo

And I have classic egg with sausage patties

Its all very tasty as always and the bill is a very cheap $30 including the tip.

On the way out I get a red velvet bite to have later.

As the realisation hits me that I am simply running out of time to stuff my face with all the amazing cakes and goodies that there are left to try !

We get to the outlets ( I drive Premium) and the fine drizzle is now proper rain. We manage to get parked up ok and dash into the shops.
We pick up a cabin case for me and some last minute buys ( cos we have so much space left ….)

I got this for Connor on Ralph Lauren for $53

We set off towards Disney with it still drizzling and rainy and as we get closer we face up to the fact that neither of us is really that fussed about walking round Animal Kingdom in the rain – the rides we have FPd ( Everest and Safari) will get us wet and we can live without going on Dinosaur.

It’s a park that isn’t very forgiving in the rain and I am worried that we will get our trainers and trousers soaked and have no time to dry them out before travelling tomorrow.

So we head under the sign and promptly come off and set the sat nav to take us to Mall of Millenia but there is a crash ahead and lots of tailbacks so we figure its just not meant to be and come off at the nearest exit – finding ourselves at a Publix instead !

Oh it all looks so good

Neat Disney stuff too

Yes America, the land where you really can buy anything in a convenience store

We had such a laugh in the medicines aisle, omg, the things you can buy.

Andy spent ages chatting to one of the employees about all the cuts of meat and the food in general and how it compared to the UK – the price of the turkeys for thanksgiving were about a quarter of the price here in the UK – and they looked the size of ostriches .

Purchases were restricted to a very large tin of beer for Andy to have later and these for me for the plane journey home

I didn’t get to eat them on the way home, that’s a whole other story, but we did eat them a few days later and it was delicious
I also got this

Which was a red velvet cheesecake concoction – oh my life it was the sweetest and sickliest thing I have ever tried and about a trillion calories in every teaspoon.

It was about 4pm now and the rain had eased, we debated whether a dash to AK for the last hour was worth it but decided we couldn’t face another trek down the I4 and instead we went back to the Rosen Inn to chill out for a bit watching TV – well Andy chilled with his beer and I stressed with the luggage. :angry:

We had a nice afternoon , very low key really for a last day but the weather had scuppered any park plans and by now even we were shopped out and happy just to have some downtime .

We decided on an early dinner at Longhorns.

This was the one near the hotel, originally we were going to walk but we realised it was further than we thought so a quick car trip instead.

We started with the yummy bread, again so warm and delicious

Then we shared the best of Longhorns sampler

Wild West shrimp, firecracker chicken wraps and stuffed mushrooms

All nice , wraps were a bit odd but shrimps were fab

Andy really wanted steak and lobster so I picked the filet option so he could have the lobster portion

I had it with a loaded potato and Caesar salad

Andy had the Ribeye ( for a change) with potato and leek side ( he said this was not creamy enough) and sautéed mushrooms

Both steaks were superb, better than Yachtsmans we think. Our server was really chatty and we had a really nice evening.

And rounded off with the dessert sampler. Bit of a challenge eating ice cream with a fork !

The brownie was nice, the cheesecake very nice but the apple pie was far too much pastry and hardly any filling

The bill

So that came to $90 after tax and we left the 20% tip of $16 so grand total of $106.

We were really pleased with this as a choice of last evening dinner.

As we leave its very busy on I drive, lots of sirens , lots of noise and we wonder if there has been some sort of incident – there were several arrest reports on the news later that night, we were glad to be safely tucked up in our room by then.

A very low key last day but we had enjoyed ourselves, even laughing at our unplanned stop at Publix and just how the weather had turned tables on us again.

So it’ going home day tomorrow and a bit more stress on the suitcase front to come too ! :nonono

the last day is HERE

Edited at 07:58 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jmt
Apprentice Imagineer

The weather may not have been the best for your last full day but like you I am a 'fair weather' person, can't stand ponchos and getting wet

I must look out for the items you photographed in publix , not!

Can't believe how much you have crammed into your holiday, just hope that as time has passed the bad weather has become a distant memory and you remember the fabulous time and the reason for going
jmt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
You really can buy anything in a supermarket in the States can't you?

What a pity your last day was such a washout. All made better with a Longhorn's fillet steak and a loaded jacket potato though - I could eat one of those now!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Shame a bout the weather but it sounds like you had a good day with some lovely food and a few giggles.

Be a shame to read about tomorrow, as I've really enjoyed all of your trippie both the highs and the lows.

Thanks again for sharing it with us 😀
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

All your food day looks incredible! I love sausage patties at breakfast, so much tastier than link sausages.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I love it how you can't fit all your stuff in and still go out and buy more, brilliant!

That red velvet cheesecake thing looks so good, as does your dinner.

Can't believe we are at the end of your trip already.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Your food on your trip has all looked so yummy Amanda. Can't believe your holiday has it's nearly come to an end xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 15, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Brilliant read once again, can't believe it's nearly come to an end! All those pics of food is giving me cravings for cake! Ooooo bath and body works 😍 (thanks once again! ) x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 15, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by jmt View Post
The weather may not have been the best for your last full day but like you I am a 'fair weather' person, can't stand ponchos and getting wet

I must look out for the items you photographed in publix , not!

Can't believe how much you have crammed into your holiday, just hope that as time has passed the bad weather has become a distant memory and you remember the fabulous time and the reason for going
Yes the weather definitely dealt us a mixed hand - its nice though that having been before we didnt feel we had missed out by changing our plans - and I really was worried our travel clothes would get soaked

We thought the holiday was nice pace - we did loads but rarely rushed for anything and we had lots of time to chill out too - although no pool time We had a wonderful time - it was a great holiday and a special way to get married too. We were both really happy with it.

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
You really can buy anything in a supermarket in the States can't you?

What a pity your last day was such a washout. All made better with a Longhorn's fillet steak and a loaded jacket potato though - I could eat one of those now!
OMG, if we had more room in the cases I think Andy would have emptied the pharmacy shelves - we were in hoots of laughter
It was a shame about the rain but we were ok with it and dinner was perfect - one of our best last night meals in a long time - normally we get a rubbish one !

Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Shame a bout the weather but it sounds like you had a good day with some lovely food and a few giggles.

Be a shame to read about tomorrow, as I've really enjoyed all of your trippie both the highs and the lows.

Thanks again for sharing it with us 😀
We had a great day - Im just about to write the last day - Im sad too ! It was a really great holiday x

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
All your food day looks incredible! I love sausage patties at breakfast, so much tastier than link sausages.

Perkins breakfast is yum and Andy had food envy for the patties so I did have to share

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I love it how you can't fit all your stuff in and still go out and buy more, brilliant!

That red velvet cheesecake thing looks so good, as does your dinner.

Can't believe we are at the end of your trip already.
Yes, can you believe we also went shopping the next day too - we made full use of the 23kg hand luggage allowance ( one plus point for BA there) and my handbag was groaning it was stuffed full !

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Your food on your trip has all looked so yummy Amanda. Can't believe your holiday has it's nearly come to an end xx
We did eat well ( and I m still trying to lose most of it ) - Im so pleased we tried some new places this time too.

Originally Posted by musicem View Post
Brilliant read once again, can't believe it's nearly come to an end! All those pics of food is giving me cravings for cake! Ooooo bath and body works 😍 (thanks once again! ) x
Thanks Em, I know going home day, its pants isnt it. I could just eat some of that cake from Publix with my coffee right now too . And B&BW was a pleasure xxxx
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 15, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
More Steak for Andy! surprised he wasnt mooing by the time you came home Now I know where to go if in need of an enema in Florida

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List