Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Unread 5 Jun 15, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Still following and very much enjoying your report. I'm spending money in my head thanks to your handy hints!
Thank you!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Unread 5 Jun 15, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
The Simpsons Fast food Boulevard at Universal Studios.

This is basically a big food court based on The Simpsons with plenty of seating inside. It's done up like Moe's and Krusty burger. There are several choices you can make. Krusty Burger, Cleetus Chicken Shack, The Frying Dutchman, Luigis Pizza and Lisa's Teahouse of Horror. You choose what you'd like from that counter and then pay at one of several tills that cater for all the locations.

Me, Kelly and Den went to Krusty Burger. We all had the Clogger Burger. This was 2 patties,cheese, bacon, secret sauce and curly fries. We really enjoyed this.

The girls had pizza from Luigis. I left Kelly to do this and bought them both adult pizzas missing that they did kids ones. D'oh!

Evie had the Meat Lovers Pizza. She nearly ate it all! Lily Belle had the cheese pizza. She didn't eat loads. Marian tried to make us take it with us. We really didn't want to be walking round with a pizza all day.

Marian went to the frying Dutchman and had the battered and plattered fish. A collection of different fish with chips. She enjoyed. Sorry about the blurred photo.

I couldn't go here and not try a Flaming Moe.

It came in a souvenir glass. It was very much like orangeade. A bit of a rip off at around $8 but never mind.

I think this place wasn't too bad. Costs were the same as any other place in Universal. I think it was on the Universal Dining Plan but I'm not 100%. I'd eat here again.

Edited at 06:22 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Unread 5 Jun 15, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
The Artists Palette again.

After our day at Universal it was back to the our resort.

The girls weren't hungry so only adult meals.

Kelly had the Caprese Flatbread(tomatoes,cheese,basil, olive oil.) which we enjoyed.

Den got the spicy Italian beef sandwich which he said was really spicy. This came with chips(crisps)

Marian wasn't that hungry and went for the kids hot dog. She chose carrot sticks and grapes to go with it.

With the deserts (3of these as Marian's kids meal came with grapes) we chose fruit pots and clementines to use when we were going out the next day.

Edited at 06:33 PM.
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Unread 5 Jun 15, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Packets of Cookies for snack credits.

They sold these in the shop at the Artist Palette and we thought these were a good use of snack credit. Handy to take out for the day.

Edited at 06:34 PM.
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Unread 5 Jun 15, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
POOLIEJOOLIE
Apprentice Imagineer

POOLIEJOOLIE's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We loved the Krusty Burger food court too.. And thought the flaming Moe was delicious... How many do you reckon would the donut feed? The kids were keen to get one last time but we didn't bother as I wasn't sure how good they would taste..
Sep 18 RunDisney challenge
Jul 19 AKL with friends
POOLIEJOOLIE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Run Disney Challenge
Unread 5 Jun 15, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by POOLIEJOOLIE View Post
We loved the Krusty Burger food court too.. And thought the flaming Moe was delicious... How many do you reckon would the donut feed? The kids were keen to get one last time but we didn't bother as I wasn't sure how good they would taste..
There were 6 of us and we all had a about a normal donut size each. They tasted so much better than you'd think!
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Unread 6 Jun 15, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Ooh I loved that caprese flatbread when we were at SSR.

The big pink donut was a big hit with us last year too, split quite nicely between 6 of us.

I am debating whether or not to get a Landry's card, we are only in Orlando for 4 nights this time, and it's Thanksgiving week, but hubby wants to be a bit more 'fly by the seat of our pants' as the last couple of trips have been driven by having DDP and family with us. I'm worried he mighy sulk a bit at being tied to definitely dining at a Landry's restaurant while we are there. I loved Bubba Gump's last time though, and the cocktails were fab

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Alaska on the Disney wonder 😁
Unread 6 Jun 15, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
VIP Dibber

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Ooh I loved that caprese flatbread when we were at SSR.

The big pink donut was a big hit with us last year too, split quite nicely between 6 of us.

I am debating whether or not to get a Landry's card, we are only in Orlando for 4 nights this time, and it's Thanksgiving week, but hubby wants to be a bit more 'fly by the seat of our pants' as the last couple of trips have been driven by having DDP and family with us. I'm worried he mighy sulk a bit at being tied to definitely dining at a Landry's restaurant while we are there. I loved Bubba Gump's last time though, and the cocktails were fab
You can use the card at T Rex and Rainforest cafe as well. I'm really glad I got the card.

Thanks for reading!
EVERYTHING IS ON HOLD
Ever After Holidays