Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Oct 15, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thrillin',Chillin',Feet are Killin' Day 7: Licence to Laze

Tuesday 25 August - the previous day is here

Trying really hard not to keep thinking that this time next week we will be on our way home – and failing dismally

Also realising that we have some busy park days coming up and we wanted to go to the courthourse to get a new marriage licence – and if we don’t go today, we are leaving it to chance next Monday

So today it is then

But there is a bad accident on the 192 that is dominating the news and is likely to cause delays.

But no choice about it so we set off early, leaving a note for the boys to be ready to go out for lunch when we get back.

Its worked well so far with us up and out early and them getting a lie in – definitely so much easier than when they were younger and when we were trying to hit park opening times !

The 192 is busy and its very sobering to pass the accident with the tarp covering the poor chap who had been knocked down – turns out it was a hit and run between a car and a cyclist , and that the car had been stolen.

Terribly ,terribly sad and reminds you of the preciousness and frailty of life.

It made me quite upset.

I had snapped out of my maudlin by the time we reached the courthouse at 0930– it was sweltering hot already .

It was odd to be back here again so soon after the wedding

Through security almost without a hitch although I was briefly stopped for my camera.

No one in front of us and we were seen straight away , regaling the clerk with the sorry tale of the ( insert word of choice here) assistant in the Bank who had overstamped our actual licence rather than the photocopy and thus completely ruined the original.

The day it happened I had to stop myself from crying and shrieking in the bank, especially when they said to me “you can just get another one” – Hello, I got this in Florida, I don’t know that I can just get another one .

I was absolutely raging and devastated in equal measure and I had walked out before I did something completely outrageous.

I know it was a mistake.

We are all human.

But it was a mistake with my bleddy wedding licence and I was not in a very forgiving mood.

I since tried several times to get a replacement by post and its cost me a fair few dollars, all of which have mysteriously never materialised in a replacement.

But here we are now , with a lovely new copy in our hands that no one from said bank will ever get their inept mitts on.

And I gather I can claim for the cost of a new one from the Bank – do you think that includes the airfare and accommodation to get this one then ?

The traffic has got back to normal on the way back and it would have been rude not to stop at the Hilfiger clearance outlet – obviously

Picked up a fabulous trench coat for $50 and two tennis /golf style dresses for $14.99 each

The coat has been an absolute godsend these last few weeks too–I’m doing really well this trip , two TH coats for under $90 – bargain bargain bargain !

Andy picked up some more cargo shorts and socks

I picked up a jumper and some scarves ( more Xmas presents)

The jumper was $12.99 and the scarves were $5.99 each.

Got a couple of tees as well for the boys that were $4.99 each

All in all, a top shopping spree .

We were back at the Condo by 1130 and went straight back out for something to eat

Our arrival time here meant it was another split vote on brekky vs lunch

Andy went for the sunshine skillet with pancakes $8.49

An open-faced omelet filled with Sausage and home fries, topped with country gravy and shredded cheddar cheese.

I went for a Farmers Choice breakfast with brioche toast - ooh that toast was delicious $8.79

Connor went for the grilled cheese sandwich and fries $7.89

Jamie, because he wasnt hungry went for pancakes $4.99 - because of course they are so light and not filling at all

I also had an apple cinnamon blossom $1 to go and you can just see the bill $43 in the background for the food and drinks

Edited at 02:00 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 15, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We decide to have another afternoon by the pool – as we will be in full on park mode the next couple of days .

Not busy at the pool and we get a nice table in the shade

Not many people in the water at all

We spent a few hours here, playing cards and swimming ( obviously not both at the same time).

The boys were teaching us some new games , with rules that kept changing so leading to much hilarity and accusations of cheating. It was good fun.

And very hot

So no one was playing any tennis

And we were still being stalked by lizards

It was lovely to have some time by the pool, really quite peaceful and proper chill time.

It was around now that Jamie started to mention he had a problem with his ear – it wasn’t hurting, but he couldn’t hear properly and it was really annoying him. This seemed to get worse the next few days and then stopped once we got home – I am sure it must have been water in his ear but it did get him down the next few days poor thing.

After a good few hours we head back to get ready for dinner.

And packed up our bag for our overnight stay tomorrow at the Hard Rock – so that nobody is “rushed” in the morning, we had it all ready and by the door.

I really wanted to try Bahama Breeze but had an inkling the menu wasn’t going to appeal to everyone.

The boys fancied Friendlies but Andy didn’t want to drive very far

After 30 minutes of consulting the Mapman map, taking votes, looking up menus and being all nicey nicey - you know how it goes ..

“ you choose"

"no you choose"

" no YOU choose"

" no you just jeffing choose”

it started to descend towards disaster with no one place coming out tops.

Until Buffalo Wild Wings was mentioned and that was that.

The boys got high on buckets of Mountain Dew

Faces of angels – trouble ahead

i made the much better choice of a Jack Daddy Burger that was topped with pulled pork - very tasty

Connor and Jamie had the same as last time - they had run out of burger buns so Connor's looked a little odd ..

Jamie kept moving his plate around so blurry pic

He had one of "those" heads on him

We asked him to take a pic of us – you will notice that I am absent thus far on the photo front, so far there had been one of me at SeaWorld, and that was all fogged up.

This one is out of focus – but does at least prove I was in fact on this holiday !

Andy went for Wings as it was Wing tuesday - he had 4 types

Honey BBQ
Asian Zing
Hot BBQ
Wild

Learning from last time, he didnt rub his eye with hot sauce still on his hands -now that really does make your eyes water

The receipt says we had garlic mushrooms to start - they must have been nice as they were eaten before there was a piccie !

The bill was $72 including the drinks. Our server Ryan was brilliant - I even stopped at the podium on the way out to mention how brilliant he had been and we left a $20 tip.

Great night , good food.

We were home by 9.30 and there had clearly been a downpour at the resort but not a mile away at BWW – that localised florida weather for you.

An early night all round so we can be up and make the most of our express passes tomorrow , Universal here we come

Spends today

Bob Evans $43
BWW $92 (inc tip)
Tommy Hilfiger $224

The following day is here

Edited at 05:30 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 15, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great day, all the good looks fab, might have to try Bob Evans, been to Florida over forty times and not been in there! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 15, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another nice day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 15, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Hi Amanda.
We have just put Buffalo Wild Wings on our list for New York, it looks so good, really pleased to see your photos of it. Sam is looking forward to proper American nuclear green/yellow Mountain Dew, not the wishy washy one you get here, so he was pleased to see its by the bucket load there.
After tea we are on single digits soooooo excited. Hope that you are all well. Really enjoying reading along with you.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 15, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

We really liked that Bob Evans on the 192 seemed really clean and good service, Bob hadn't made the cut this time now having a rethink!
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 15, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

How much shopping can you guys do?!
Another lazy day for the boys though!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 15, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Lovely day. You really are getting some great bargains
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 15, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nice chill day. Shame about the cyclist, so sad. And grr at your bank. Yes I agree, you should get back the cost of a flight for 1 and the cost of replacement licence...no harm in asking!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 15, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Another day of amazing looking eats, I'm drooling here!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List