VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 3, Magic Kingdom, Swimming and 'Ohana

The previous day is HERE.

Tuesday 13 October 2015

I was awake annoyingly early again, at 4am! I tried to get back to sleep but I had so much going through my head that I couldn't. I went on some apps on my phone, looked on Instagram, etc., then went through my emails. I got up and got myself ready just after 6am and the girls were up not long after.

They got their first invitation this morning

Breakfast with Pooh Bear and friends at the Crystal Palace. They were very happy and excited. We left just after 7am and drove to Magic Kingdom

Another lovely sight. We were there quickly and parked in the first row, row 36, just across from the walkway.

Our three cars lined up together

We walked over to the TTC

We had been hoping to get the monorail

But it was not running and we were directed to get the bus instead. Having never done this, we did go slightly wrong and had to go back on ourselves! There was a bus waiting and no one else so we got our own private transfer to Magic Kingdom. We were dropped off at the bus stop at 7.40am

We were through bag check and the turnstiles very quickly

We gave our ADR details to the CM's at the early entry line before being allowed into Magic Kingdom.

What a beautiful sight

We had soo many PP pics taken, I think we stopped at just about every photographer up Main Street. I won't share all of them but of course I have to share some!

This was Piper's favourite pose during the holiday, Pooh Bear in front of her face!

Phil took photos of most of the windows on Main street but this is one of the most important ones

He also took some pics of the new area around the hub, which is beautiful with the upgrades and additions

One last photo near the Partner's statue, and it was a magic shot

This was a nice surprise when I went through the MM photos as we didn't know what they were posing for during this photo.

We went over to Crystal Palace to check in for our 8.10am ADR

And didn't have to wait long before our buzzer went off. We were seated just to the right of the buffet, as you look at it, along the mirrored wall, all next to each other. Our servers were Isa and Michael Todd and they were really good.

We hadn't been sat down very long before we were visited by all three girls' favourite, Winnie the Pooh

They loved seeing him and he was great with them, especially when they all showed him their Pooh Bear teddy's they had with them.

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 07:17 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 15, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Continued from previous post

A few pictures of the buffet

And some of our plates, I'm not sure whose is who

(This is Kaley's as that is her in her pink cardigan!)

Soon we were visited by Tigger

And Piglet a short while later

Eeyore came near our table but then had to go off for some reason. Whilst waiting, we sorted the bill. The breakfast cost per adult was $29.99 and the kids were $17.99 each, but we used 4 table service credits. Our share of the tip was $18.51 so we left $19.

One point to note for those with parties of 6 or more, they had automatically added the tip as a charge to the room. As we were different family groups, we always wanted to pay this by cash. This was the first time we had eaten all together so the first we had seen it. At least we knew now and we did have to mention it every time we all ate together to have it removed so we could pay cash.

We were still waiting for Eeyore to come back and all three girls needed the toilet so Mum took them. Typically a few minutes later, Eeyore was back over with us. Dan went to see if they were done but they hadn't (there had been a long queue) so we spoke to Eeyore's handler and he said to just go and catch them up when they came back and we could have photos.

They came back a few minutes later so we headed to the other side of the restaurant, to the left as you walk in, and were able to get Eeyore's autograph and photos

We were on our way out of the restaurant at 9.20am, about an hour after going in, so much quicker than our visit here in 2013. Just across in the newly done hub area was Mary Poppins with a short line, so we stopped to see her

Phil took more photos

Now, we had been telling the girls for months that there were certain things they would need an invitation to be able to do. Things like Crystal Palace, dining with the Princesses, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and the big one, meeting Anna and Elsa. Well, now we had the free Fast Passes to use, we thought it would be silly not to see Anna and Elsa, but at the same time, we didn't have an invite for them. So, we got creative. We told them that Dan had had a special invitation to see them because she was getting married and that she was able to take her bridesmaids with her if she wanted! Problem solved!

They were very excited when Dan told them and asked if they wanted to go, which of course they said yes to. We made our way around the side of the castle

To head to Princess Fairytale Hall. We saw Lady Tremaine on the way, striding along the path, completely in character. We also decided to have a go at trying to pull the sword out of the stone

We weren't successful.

One last photo

And we were scanning our bands (they turned green, yay, the free FPs did work!) and joining the short FP line for Anna and Elsa

Soon we were in and there were a couple of people in front of us and no one behind.

The PP photographer was excellent here, I love these two pictures they caught of the girls

Worth the cost of the Memory Maker, just for these photos.

Madison and Kaley loved seeing Anna, she was great fun and really made the girls smile

No one had come in behind us so we had quite a bit of time with both of them, which was a lovely experience. Once we had finished seeing Anna, she walked both girls over to meet her sister, Elsa

She was also great, talking lots about Olaf and asking if they each liked having a sister.

I loved seeing Madison and Kaley in here, they had loved it and were so happy to get to see Anna and Elsa.

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Edited at 07:57 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 15, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Once we were done in here, we met back up with my Dad and Dave and decided to go our separate ways, as we had different FP's and different things we wanted to do.

There was only a small line for the Carousel so we went on that. We let Madison choose where to sit and she ended up on this one

She was very excited when we told her she had picked Cinderella's horse to sit on.

We all enjoyed the ride, it takes me back to 2010 when Madison was 2 and she loved this ride.

From here we made our way over to It's A Small World which only had a 10 minute wait. As is usually the case with this sort of wait time, this was just a walk on.

The song didn't annoy me as much this time, and the girls both really liked it. We had a look at Peter Pan next, which was showing a 60 minute standby time. We decided to use one of our free FP's so pretty much walked straight on.

We all really enjoyed this one too, especially Kaley as they like Peter Pan and she watches Jake and the Neverland Pirates too.

We retrieved our pushchair from the stroller parking and used the Tangled restrooms.

It is ridiculous how lovely this whole area is, including the toilets. Disney really did a great job here.

By now, our 10.10-11.10am FP's for Cinderella and Rapunzel were open so we went back to Princess Fairytale Hall to use them. Even with the FP's, we still had quite a bit of a wait here, but they were both worth it.

More great pictures by the PP photographers, as they are looking up at Rapunzel

They are both big fans of Tangled, and Rapunzel in particular, so they were very happy to see her

She was lots of fun. Next up was Cinderella

The four princesses we had seen today had all been great. We didn't feel rushed, they happily signed their autograph books and were happy to pose with both girls, then on their own too.

Our next FP was now available, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 11.10-12.10pm. Standby was at 70 minutes.

I hadn't looked into this ride much, but from reading various trip reports had gathered that it was quite a tame ride so I thought Madison would be fine with it. I have to admit here I was wrong. She was a bit nervous through the queue (which was fairly long) but was ok. Unfortunately, we were seated in the last carriage which makes this NOT a tame ride for those who do not like this sort of thing! The poor thing absolutely hated it. She screamed most of the way around. Being at the back meant that the speed had built up quite a bit at each drop and she did not like them one bit. I felt so awful as she clearly hated it but tried to be so brave at the bits that weren't going fast. Kaley enjoyed the ride, but unfortunately, this really put Madison off a lot of rides after this, and I knew we would have no chance of getting her on Big Thunder Mountain or Test Track now.

To make up for it, we used our last free FP for the day on a nice easy ride, Winnie the Pooh.

She was much happier on this ride, which is always fun. They each wanted something from the Hundred Acre Goods shop on the way out and chose an initial necklace each ($9.95 each).

Our last FP for the day was Big Thunder Mountain which Madison had stated quite clearly that she didn't want to go on anymore, so I looked on the app to see what was available around the same time and was able to get Dumbo for 11.55am, which was in just a few minutes time.

We went straight over to Storybook Circus and scanned our bands, before joining the short line. This was fun but Madison was really wary of it and didn't want me to move our elephant up or down too much.

From here we went on a lovely ride on the People Mover

Once we were done on this, we decided to go over to Adventureland so that we could get a dole whip float

This was delicious and we all enjoyed sharing it. This should have been $5.29 but we used our first snack credit. We went back towards Main Street and caught a bit of the new Move it! parade

I have to say, I didn't enjoy this as much as the old one, I loved the old song, it was so catchy and great to sing along to.

We went into the Main Street Bakery to get the MK Starbucks mug ($15.93 with tax) then bought each of the girls a balloon. Kaley had the princess one again ($10) and Madison had a pink Mickey head one ($12).

We met Ryan, Bethany and Piper outside the Town Hall Theatre as they were coming back with us. They went to get Piper a balloon so while we waited, Phil went to look for a light bulb! He had been doing lots of reading and research before coming away and wanted to go and find an original light bulb that is in the garage over near to the Harmony Barber Shop. He could explain the reasoning behind this much better than me!

He found it anyway

Then got speaking to a CM in the fire station about all the different fire badges/shields they have

We waited quite a few minutes for him and were on our way out around 1.15pm. I was so happy with how much we had got done in the few hours we were there and realised how good those free FP's actually were.

We decided to get the ferry back to the TTC and there was one waiting.

I still love this hotel

And would love to stay here one day

And these look incredible

We walked back to the car and were on our way back to OKW at 1.40pm

Continued in next post

Edited at 08:15 PM.
Old 21 Dec 15, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Once back at OKW, Phil took Madison and Kaley swimming in the pool near us again, while I had a shower and got ready for dinner. I sorted the girls clothes out then got together Dan and Dave's gifts that we had got that I needed to take with us.

This was it all together

This included:

A lovely card and bag from Fairytale Sparkle (tabz)

Some magic band skins from Magic Your Band that Phil designed

This lovely Bridal Box for Dan from someone I found on facebook, with something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue in (Echo Designs for anyone wondering)

There were also the bride and groom ears, chocolates, champagne, plastic glasses for the champagne and the bridal Disney mugs. Their final gift was a Wedding Survival Kit

This was more of a jokey present

Everything in it had a funny little note attached, like the ring boxes containing haribo rings in case of a Best Man disaster, a toy camera in case of cameraman errors and tissues because my Mum always needs tissues!

Anyway, I put this all in a few carrier bags to take with us and soon after, Phil, Madison and Kaley came back from swimming. They all had baths and showers and got dressed.

Mum had ordered a couple of presents for the girls birthday a week before so gave them to them

They really liked these.

We were ready to go around 4.15pm and eventually left at 4.30pm. We got to the Poly around 4.50pm and though it did take a few goes up and down the rows of cars, we were able to park this time, unlike our 2013 visit when we had to valet park.

We met everyone upstairs at 'Ohana where we had a 5.05pm ADR. The others were all at the bar when we got there but I hid behind a pillar so that Dan couldn't see what I was carrying!

Our buzzer went off not long after and I rushed over and started following our greeter, even though everyone else had barely moved! I wanted to at least get some of the gifts down before Dan and Dave came over. We were seated on one big table, which was just what we had wanted so we were really pleased.

I had put out Dan's Bridal Box and the Survival Kit so they got to opening them

Part of the Something Borrowed was mine and Phil's Just Married badges from when we had our honeymoon in Disney in 2007. I didn’t realise Dan had tried in every park we had been so far to see if they had any so I was really happy she liked them.

Opening and reading the notes in the Survival Kit

While they had been opening these, our server had brought out all our drinks and some of the food. The lovely pineapple coconut bread

The salad

Chicken wings and pot stickers

I love these and the noodles, too

Throughout the meal, I sent Madison and Kaley round with a present at the time for Dan and Dave. Wearing their ears

The staff were aware that Dan and Dave were getting married the next day so the guy that plays the guitar-type thing, brought them some special leis to wear (in the pic above) and dedicated the first song he sang to them both, which was a lovely touch. He also got them up later in the meal, I think he had asked for anyone celebrating Anniversary's or Weddings, which embarrassed the two of them a bit.

Phil was great again with the camera, getting photos of all the kids

Along with a lovely picture of Ryan and Bethany.

They brought the different meat skewers out, which were all delicious. If I remember correctly, they only came round with the steak once though , and didn’t bring any pork at all, which was a shame.

When we were done they brought the amazing dessert out

I think we had 4 or 5 of these plates between us all!

They brought cupcakes for the kids

And some ice cream for Phil

We had such a lovely time here. It was our first meal altogether of the holiday and the kids all enjoyed getting to sit together. They see each other practically every day at home so had missed each other, bless them.

Dinner here is $39.99 each for adults and $21.99 each for kids so should have cost us $123.96 plus tax but we used 4 table service credits. Our share of the tip was $22.

We all stood talking for a bit, before having a look in the shop, and having a photo in the new lobby

Madison and Kaley loved the leis they had been given and they have them at home now.

We drove back to OKW and were back just after 7pm. The girls were all really good and went straight to sleep. I got everything ready for tomorrow, then we sat talking and chilling, before going to bed around 10pm.

Next up, the day I am most excited to write about, DAN AND DAVE'S WEDDING DAY IS HERE!

DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 12/48 Table Service used, 6/48 Counter Service used and 1/48 Snack Credits used

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Old 21 Dec 15, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Aww what a fab day! You are right the PhotoPass Photpgraphers did a really great job!

Love the presents you got for Dan & Dave, so lovely and thoughtful

I'm looking forward to going back to 'Ohana next year

xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 15, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Lovely day and fantastic photos.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 15, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishvixen
slightly serious Dibber

I found Mine Train much worse than Thunder Mountain. Our 4 year old went on the latter but after riding Mine Train vetoed him riding it. He would have hated it!

Great day!
scottishvixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 15, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Oh my gosh you've already posted day 3! I need to get cracking on writing the wedding day!

Wow you got loads done in Magic Kingdom that morning! The extra fast passes were amazing!

We all had such a lovely time in ohana and the food was so nice! We loved the gifts we got, they were such a nice surprise x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 15, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow fab day , the food the pics and the parcels for the bride & groom are amazing really beautiful ep spec the old and new and borrowed parcel .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 15, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Some great pictures😀😀
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List