Old 21 May 16, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Howling @ the Horror October 2015 - Day 15 - Flying Home

Back to Day 14

Well its here, our final day. Having got most of the packing completed last night, we could enjoy our "late check-out" from the villa. We spent some of it in the Pool before doing a last check around the villa to make sure we haven't missed anything.

We decided to head to Pirates Cove at Crossroads for one last round of golf...

And as we were at Crossroads, we made sure our, as always is last Sweet Tomatoes, fresh, filling and good quality ahead of the plane journey. We love Sweet Tomatoes and its good food.

The toilets are also clean and tidy there, so we took the opportunity to get changed into our flight clothes, long sleeves and trousers for the first time in two week!

The journey to MCO was smooth, we dropped the car and bags off quickly, I bought a Disney Watch from the store (Tradition - again, I tend to loose them, so I only buy cheap watches)

The flight back was the only hiccup we had all holiday, we took of just after 4pm and a little into a hour into the flight to JFK, the plane developed a problem and had to turn around back to MCO for checks.

We were moved to another plane and set off again just before 7pm... By the time we got to JFK, we were expecting to be told that we would be put up over night when we landed just after 10pm. As we were sitting in Premium Plus, we were among the first to the desk to ask questions (in fact we were people two and three) which meant we were among the few to get seats in the last plane of the night for London. No 1 in the queue was a very nervous flyer who wanted to make sure she got an aisle seat, I did say we would swap with her if either of us were in one and she wasn't.

When we got on the plane, we found our (me and nervous flyer) seats taken by two young girls who were pleading to be allowed to be seated together. I went off to see where they should have been seated to find they have moved themselves up from two middle seats in economy in different places to premium and two side seats including an Aisle seat (mine).

Now, we don't fly Virgin anyone is that the last two times we have done, we have been moved from Prem-Ecom to allow for someone from Ecom to be moved up to join their party. I was tired, I could see our new friend was nervous and I really didn't want to give up the extra space we both paid for and needed - so I stood my ground and insisted the girls moved back. (I found out later that they had been moved out of about 4 sets of seats as people boarded).

Now I know, according to some sites, this makes me a grumpy selfish traveller who should have willingly given up my seat to someone who wants to sit together but didn't pre-book (especially as I wasn't sitting with Mr W) but I was tired and it meant a lot to my fellow traveller. to get an Aisle Seat.

Thankfully we had an uneventful rest of the journey, I didn't feel like a cooked meal at what was Midnight US time, but the icecream before the lights went down and the breakfast pastries in the morning.

We had a smooth landing and got through Customs very quickly. We found our car, thankfully where we left it - and headed home to start the count down for two years time.

Thank you all for reading

Emma and Steven

Coming Next - What happens when we decide to swap the US for a couple of weeks on the Med - but then get confused when it comes to booking our flights

Coming After That - Howling at the Horror 2017

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Am intrigued by what happens next ! Haha ,and no I don't blame you for sticking to your guns regarding the seats I think it was extremely rude of them to just plonk themselves in somebody's seats !
Old 22 May 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Am intrigued by what happens next ! Haha ,and no I don't blame you for sticking to your guns regarding the seats I think it was extremely rude of them to just plonk themselves in somebody's seats !
Link to our 2016 Pre-Trip Report added

Trip Reports
Old 22 May 16, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip👍
Thank you

Trip Reports