Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Jun 16, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

What Happens in Vegas...Day 1 - Travel Day.

We got back from Vegas on Friday, I wanted to get started on my trippy whilst it is still fresh in my memory. On the way to the airport I realised I'd left my sunglasses and camera at home , therefore all of the pictures were taken on my iPhone, so I apologise if any of them are bad quality. We had the most amazing holiday, so I really hope you enjoy reading!

Index

Pre-Trip Report

Tuesday 31st May 2016

Today was finally the day, we were off to Vegas! I didn’t have a very good night’s sleep, my alarm was set for 7am, but I had been awake since about 6:15am, I was too excited/ stressed to sleep as I was staying at my boyfriend’s house, so I still needed to get home showered and I had a couple of things I needed to do and we were leaving for the airport at 11am.

The weather was awful! It was chucking down with rain, but I wasn’t overly bothered as I knew I would be in the Vegas sunshine in a matter of hours!

I popped in to town with my sister, I had to get the last of my dollars and I needed to pay some money in to my bank. After this I went home and got showered and then it was time to go! My mum and sister were giving us a lift to the airport, so we picked Amy up at around 11:30am and then drove to Heathrow; it is about a 35 minute drive from Reading to Heathrow and we were lucky that there wasn’t much traffic.

We had already checked in online the day before, we managed to get seats together, I had a window seat and Amy was in the middle. So we headed to the BA desk to drop off our bags and collect our boarding passes, we said our goodbyes and then went through to security.

The line at security was pretty small and we managed to get through to Duty Free in about 10 minutes. The first thing we spotted was an Absolut stall, offering samples of their new Cherry Vodka we both had a sample of this and thought it was delicious, it really doesn't taste like Vodka so decided to buy a bottle and make use of it in the room in Vegas; it was £15.99 for a litre.

At this point we both decided we were hungry, we had a little look at what restaurants there were and the options were very limited so we settled on the Bridge Bar and Eating House.

I ordered from the small plates section and chose the Bang Bang Chicken and Tomato Bruschetta, Amy ordered the Bang Bang Chicken Pitta Pockets. I didn’t manage to get a picture of the food, but it was quite tasty and I would compare it to Weatherperson's type food.

As it was the start of our holiday, we decided to order a bottle of Prosecco and a pistachio brownie to share. The bill came to £51.85 and we split this evenly.

After an indulgent lunch we headed back over to Duty Free to have a look around and make a few purchases, I had been after a new red lipstick and managed to find one on the Tom Ford counter, I fell in love with it instantly. Amy was looking for some new Ray Ban sunglasses but didn’t manage to find any she liked, so decided to wait until we got to Vegas.

After this we went in to Zara, Amy was uncomfortable in her jeans, so she wanted to buy a pair of comfier trousers; I also browsed the sunglasses and managed to find a cheap pair that would last me the holiday.

Once we had done this we went in to WHSmiths to grab some water for the plane as we already had snacks with us, by the time we had finished this it was time to go to our gate and start boarding the plane.

We were originally supposed to take off at 16:40, but our flight had been delayed to 17:15 due to bad winds. Once everyone had boarded the plane, it was more around 17:30 that we actually took off.

Once we had taken off, I decided to get started on the IFE, we had a good selection of films and I narrowed it down to Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2 and How to Be Single. However after my lack of sleep from the previous night, I ended up falling asleep pretty quickly. I missed the first round of drinks and snacks, which Amy told me, were a bag of sour cream and chive pretzels she opted for an orange juice. I also told Amy that if I was asleep when dinner arrived not to wake me, I despise airplane food and also knew that if I got hungry I had snacks in my bag that would tide me over until we got to Vegas.

I ended up sleeping pretty much the whole plane journey, I woke up with 2 hours to spare and spent this time talking with Amy, watching my chosen films and munching my way through popcorn.
The plane landed just before 8pm, the queue at immigration was small but it was moving really slowly, it took us around 45 minutes to get to baggage collection. Our bags were pretty much first off, now it was time to start the holiday !

We stepped outside and the heat hit us straight away, we walked down to the taxi line and luckily nobody else was there so we didn’t have to wait for a taxi.

We arrived at Caesars Palace around 9:45pm, we were in the taxi for about 15/20 minutes and this cost $24. We walked through to the lobby and the check in queue was quite long we were waiting for around 20 minutes, they checked us in to a Palace Tower Deluxe pool view room.

We paid our resort fees which were $33.50 per night, we also had a slight issue as for some reason my credit card wasn’t working and they were unable to charge the room deposit to it, this meant we had to use Amy’s debit card which was fine, but this caused us troubles for the rest of the holiday as we were unable to charge things to the room, we couldn’t access the in room Wi-Fi (which was paid from the resort fees) and we also were unable to use our $20 food and beverage allowance as again this needed to be charged to the room and then taken off at check out.

Anyway we eventually got to our room at around 10:30pm we called the bell desk and got our bags delivered to the room, once the bags had arrived we gave the bell boy a $10 tip, had a quick freshen up and then decided to go and explore the hotel.

We took advantage of a selfie opportunity in the lift mirrors .

Even though I have stayed at Caesars before, we were both in awe at everything, the scale and detail of the hotel is unbelievable, we wondered around taking everything in and then decided to go for a late dinner at the Cheesecake factory.

I opted for the Louisiana Chicken Pasta and Amy had a chicken lettuce wrap.

We were pretty full from our main meals, but still ordered Cheesecake to take away.

I had the Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake - Pecan Brownie and Caramel-Fudge Swirl Cheesecake, Topped with Caramel Turtle Pecans and Chocolate.

Amy chose the Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake - Creamy Cheesecake Swirled with Caramel, Peanut Butter, Butterfingers® and Reese's® Peanut Butter Cups. I don’t have a picture of this, but we ate here again so there will be a picture of this later on in the report. Our server gave us separate bills, mine came to $29.88 with the tip, so I left $30.

By this point we were both pretty tired, we slowly wondered back to the room and by the time we got ready for bed it was almost 1am, we ate some of our cheesecake and saved the rest for the morning.

Next: Day 2 - Exploring the strip.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 03:10 PM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Enjoying your report, great start! Thanks for sharing, I look forward to the next instalment 😀

Edited at 09:38 PM.
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

What a great travel day, loving the photos - bringing back memories

Can't wait for the rest of your trippy

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great start . The portions in the Cheesecake Factory are huge surprised anyone has any room for the cheesecake.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
Enjoying your report, great start! Thanks for sharing, I look forward to the next instalment 😀
Thank you for reading, I'm really enjoying writing it up! It is a good way to relive the holiday!

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes47 View Post
What a great travel day, loving the photos - bringing back memories

Can't wait for the rest of your trippy

It was a very stress free travel day, so we were not complaining! Plenty more photos to come thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Great start . The portions in the Cheesecake Factory are huge surprised anyone has any room for the cheesecake.
The portions are crazyyyy big! The pasta I had came with three massive chicken breasts!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post

The portions are crazyyyy big! The pasta I had came with three massive chicken breasts!
Could feed a family of 4 😄😄😄😄
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a great travel day... I love that the drinking has started already!

This has made me so desperate to get back to Vegas... can't wait to read the rest!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Brilliant start! This has made me so excited for my trip
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
What a great travel day... I love that the drinking has started already!

This has made me so desperate to get back to Vegas... can't wait to read the rest!
Yeah we did get started on the drinking pretty early haha. We didn't go to crazy whilst we were over there!

Vegas is so great, I already want to go back lol! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Brilliant start! This has made me so excited for my trip
You're going to have the best time, I'm feeling slightly envious of you as I'm suffering holiday blues . Thanks for reading

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 28 Aug 16, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Great start
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List