Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Jun 16, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

What Happens in Vegas...Day 3 - Shopping, Serendipity & Hakkasan.

Index

Previous Day

Thursday 2nd June 2016

Well after yesterday’s complete failure and us not even making it out of the room, we were both wide awake at 4:30am. We desperately tried to fall back to sleep as we didn’t want a repeat of last night happening, but we failed to do so.

So we got started on our un-packing and then decided to get ready and head to Walmart, we wanted to buy some snacks and water for the room as neither of us wanted to pay $8 per bottle from the mini bar.

I have no idea why it took us nearly 2 hours to get ready but we finally left the room at around 6:20am and headed for a taxi. On our way down to the taxi area I checked my phone; a friend of mine who was travelling the states had sent me a message with a free $15 Uber code, so we decided to download the app and ordered an Uber instead. Whilst we were waiting for our Uber to arrive, I took advantage of the quiet lobby and got some pictures of Amy by the fountain.

Our Uber arrived at around 6:45am and he drove us to the Walmart Super-center on Charleston Blvd, to get there we had to drive along the highway so I managed to get a couple of pictures of the Stratosphere from a distance.

We arrived at Walmart at about 7:00am and we were in there for an hour, Amy had never been to a Walmart before so we slowly wondered around before making our way to the food.

Amy was quickly drawn to the make-up isles, whilst I was looking for Crest Teeth Whitening strips, I always buy a box whenever I’m in the states and I also needed to get some for my mum and a friend back home. They are the best teeth whitening product I’ve ever used and I have always found them cheaper in Walmart as opposed to Walgreen's or Target. These cost me $44.99 + tax, this is for a 20 day treatment, you put the strips on the top and bottom row of your teeth for 30 minutes per day. I also purchased the Crest toothpaste which was around $2.99. I didn’t take a picture of mine, in case you were interested in what they look like here is picture from Google:

I managed to take a few snaps on our Walmart trip, including some of the different flavoured Ben & Jerry’s ice cream that they sell and I also made note of the non-dairy ice cream which is apparently being released in the UK next year. We also got a packet of Smores flavoured Oreo's as these were marked as limited edition and OMG these were SO good, we made these last us the duration of our stay and I was really sad when they ended.

Once we had finished shopping we ordered another Uber to take us back to the hotel, luckily Amy is on the network 3, so she wasn’t charged for using her phone data in the states, this came in really handy when we were out and about and couldn’t connect to Wi-Fi. We arrived back at Caesars at around 8:15am, we went up to our room to drop off the shopping bags and change in to our swimwear.

It was only at this point that we realised, we had purchased two tubs of ice cream and didn’t have a freezer to store it in… So breakfast was Ben & Jerrys ice cream (which is totally acceptable on holiday ) it was soo yummy but there was no way either of us could finish a whole tub each, I gave it a good go but I was defeated.

This was the view from our room:

We had a reservation at 1pm for lunch at Serendipity 3. So we spent the rest of the morning at the pool, once we were out of our ice cream comas we decided to get started and sample some more of the cocktails.

Before we left England I saw a post on Instagram of a pink and white frozen cocktail available at the CP pool side bar and I had been desperate to try it but I didn’t know what it was called. When we were on our way to the bar I saw a lady drinking this exact drink, I went over to her and she said it was a Miami Vice, half frozen Pina Colada and the other half was Strawberry Margarita, so behold the Miami Vice:

This was without a doubt the nicest cocktail I have ever had, such a holiday drink! The drinks by the pool were not cheap though, I had offered to pay for the first round and it came to $54 + tax! I did watch the guy make the drinks and they do add a lot of alcohol to them, but I was still shocked at the price.

After being at the pool for a few hours and sipping our way through our cocktails, it was now time to leave for our lunch reservation. It took us about 10 minutes to walk from the pool area to Serendipity; this is located directly in front of Caesars Palace by the main entrance. On our way to lunch we were stopped by another club promoter, we were determined to go out tonight, so he arrange for us to get in to Hakkasan and Omnia, Hakkasan is located at the MGM Grand and Omnia was at Caesars Palace.

Once we arrived, we gave the lady our name and she asked as us whether we wanted to be sat inside or out, it was really hot today so we chose to stay inside in the air-conditioning. We were then seated straight away, the restaurant does get really busy especially around brunch/ lunch time, so I was glad we had made a reservation.

The menu in here is great; there are so many amazing things to choose from. I originally had my heart set on trying the French toast, but after having ice cream for breakfast and then the sugary cocktails I was craving something a bit more savoury. I ended up going for the breakfast bagel; this was a toasted bagel, with egg, bacon and cheese served with a side of breakfast potatoes. Amy went for a healthier option of the chicken Cobb salad:

The food was really good and we both loved our meals here. After we had finished our main meals, the server came over and asked if either of us wanted desserts, as much as I wanted to try one of their “Drugstore Sundaes” we decided to share one of the Frozen Hot Chocolates as this was one of the main reasons why we chose to eat here.

So we chose the “Peanut Butter Frrrozen Hot Chocolate”, I absolutely loved this, the only way I can describe it is, it has the taste and flavours of a hot chocolate but with a milkshake/ smoothie texture. It was so good, but incredibly filling. The total bill came to $55 + tip.

After we had finished lunch we decided to head back to the pool area, I apologise as for the rest of the day my pictures are quite scarce. We decided to use the “Venus” pool at Caesars, this is 21 years and older, it is sectioned off from the Garden of The Gods pool as they allow topless sunbathing here, therefore you are not allowed to take pictures whilst around this pool area. I actually got told off because I had been seen sending a snapchat on my phone, however I wasn’t aware beforehand that you weren’t allowed to take any photos otherwise I wouldn’t have done it.

We spent the remainder of the day in the Venus pool; we actually made friends with some people from another hotel they were also going to Hakkasan that night so we agreed to meet them there.

After having a couple more cocktails and feeling slightly merry we decided to go back to the room, Amy wanted to nap as she was feeling pretty tired. I however wasn't tired so I made plans to meet up with a friend, he lives in Vegas at the moment but is originally from Texas, so I met him for an hour whilst Amy slept, he works on the caricature stool by the entrance of the Forum Shops, so we were stood around there for a while, he was practicing his British accents to attract more customers.

After this I went back to the room and we began getting ready for the night, we left the hotel at around 9:45pm and decided to get a taxi to the MGM Grand, traffic was really bad tonight and we didn’t actually get there until around 10:25pm. This was us for the rest of the night, we made it back to Caesars at around 3am.

Next: Day 4 – Venetian, Trevi and Thunder.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 10:03 AM.
Minnie4Mickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

As I was reading about your icecream I was wondering if you hired a fridge,lol. As for the price of those cocktails I would have drunk them very slowly Glad I'm teetotal at those prices! It did look lush though Really enjoying your report.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
As I was reading about your icecream I was wondering if you hired a fridge,lol. As for the price of those cocktails I would have drunk them very slowly Glad I'm teetotal at those prices! It did look lush though Really enjoying your report.
Haha, we felt so stupid when we came back, we knew there was a fridge in the room, but this was locked! The cocktails were so good and we drank them very very slowly! We didn't make a habbit of drinking them, as they were so expensive! Thank you for reading

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Another great day! I had to chuckle at the ice cream error... this is totally something I would do!

What a view from your room, just stunning! Loving all the food and drink being consumed... that's totally what holidays are for!

Can't wait for the next installment!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Another great day! I had to chuckle at the ice cream error... this is totally something I would do!

What a view from your room, just stunning! Loving all the food and drink being consumed... that's totally what holidays are for!

Can't wait for the next installment!
I wish I could say it was a blonde moment, but I'm not blonde, I did however have a blonde girl with me .

We loved the view from our room, we asked what views were available upon check in and the guy said "we only have the pool view I'm afraid" as if that is a bad thing! I agree with you though, I work hard all year to be healthy and active so I like to be a bit more relaxed on holiday!

Thank you for reading! I didn't realise just how time consuming a trip report would be, but I'm getting there

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 16 Jun 16, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

about the ice cream.

Really enjoying your trippie.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Thank you for reading! I didn't realise just how time consuming a trip report would be, but I'm getting there
I am totally with you on this... it's like having a part-time job on the side! But the way I am seeing it is that the long it takes the longer I can drag out the whole holiday!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Another great day

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just caught up with your TR, sounds like you had a fab time. Makes me want to go back, there was sooo much to see & do you just can't fit it all in

I felt the same as you & suffered with jet lag, I think it took me days to get over it - when I felt 100% it was time to come home!

So far looks as though you made some great food choices - I think if you were there for a year you wouldn't run out of places to try!

Look forward to reading some more!

Claire x
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I am totally with you on this... it's like having a part-time job on the side! But the way I am seeing it is that the long it takes the longer I can drag out the whole holiday!
Thats exactly what I said! It makes you relive the holiday !

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes47 View Post
Another great day
Thank you for reading still

Originally Posted by tclaireh View Post
Just caught up with your TR, sounds like you had a fab time. Makes me want to go back, there was sooo much to see & do you just can't fit it all in

I felt the same as you & suffered with jet lag, I think it took me days to get over it - when I felt 100% it was time to come home!

So far looks as though you made some great food choices - I think if you were there for a year you wouldn't run out of places to try!

Look forward to reading some more!

Claire x
Omg, I am so sad to be home! We had the best holiday, it really is such a great place, glad you enjoyed your trip! I agree, there is so much to do and not enough time to do it1

I agree by the time you get used to the jet lag and tiredness, it's time to leave always another reason to go back though

We ate some lovely food, I'm really kicking myself though, I didn't take pictures of everywhere we ate/ of the food. Not ideal for a trip report!

Thank you for reading x

Orlando 16 - Food Report