Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 21 Jun 16, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

What Happens in Vegas...Day 5 - MGM Grand, Wet Republic & Marquee.

Index

Previous Day

Saturday 4th June 2016

Today we were heading to the MGM Grand for the Calvin Harris Wet Republic pool party, I will keep this day short, as we didn't do anything over exciting and I wasn't able to take many pictures because I didn’t have my phone on me for most of the day because it had gone flat, I have used a couple of images from Google for this day.

We woke up at 8am, we were up, ready and out of the room by 10am. We didn’t know what to have for breakfast so decided to stop at Brioche by Guy Savoy, this a little coffee/ cake shop next to the Caesars Palace main taxi entrance. I had a regular coffee and a Nutella and Banana brioche, I ate this straight away and didn’t get a picture, but I have taken one from Google so you can see what it looked like, this was actually really good.

After we had eaten these we headed to the Uber pick up point, which is in front of the fountains outside the main entrance of the hotel. We needed to be at the MGM grand by 11:30am, but our Uber driver got a little lost and somehow we ended up turning back on ourselves and drove down the strip in the wrong direction, I then had to give him directions on how to get there. After a little confusion we eventually arrived at the hotel at around 11:15am.

Wet Republic is hosted in the Ultra Pool at the MGM grand, I have taken a picture from Google, so you can see what the pool looks like, as the picture I have is very different due to the amount of people that were there.

We did have a really good day, however it was so busy, a little too busy and drinks are crazy expensive at $42 per drink, I am not sure if I would do this particular event again, but we were more interested in seeing Calvin Harris live, I am glad to say I have been.

Google:

My picture:

Calvin Harris came on at around 1:30/2pm and was there for a couple of hours. Once he had finished we left the pool at around 5pm, but stopped in the food court on the way out of the hotel.

We got a plate of food from Pan Asian, we both chose the orange chicken, Mongolian beef and rice. My phone had gone flat at this point, but I found some pictures online, it was very similar to Panda Express.

We got an Uber back to Caesars at around 6pm; we went to our room chilled out for a while and then got showered and ready for the evening. We left our room at around 9pm and headed down and done a bit of gambling on the slots, I say a bit of gambling but once I had lost $15 I called it a day!

Tonight we had made arrangements to go to the Marquee rooftop bar at the Cosmopolitan, we left CP at around 10pm. Marquee were offering free drinks to ladies until 12:30am, so we made the most of this and spent the majority of the evening sat on the outside terrace.

We both felt pretty tired that night, so we left the bar at around 12:45 and got an Uber back to Caesars. I think by the time we actually got to our room and in to our pyjamas it was around 2:30am.

Next: Day 6 - Hash House, Stratosphere and Fremont St.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 02:45 PM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wow I cannot believe how busy that pool party was, not sure I could have handled that many people and at $42 a drink... yikes! Awesome to see Calvin Harris though, my OH saw him when out in Vegas for a stag last year and said it was amazing... I was a little jealous to say the least!

The rooftop bar at the Cosmopolitan looks gorgeous, must remember for this for when we head back out there (it's on my wish list for next year!)

Thanks for sharing another great day!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Wow I cannot believe how busy that pool party was, not sure I could have handled that many people and at $42 a drink... yikes! Awesome to see Calvin Harris though, my OH saw him when out in Vegas for a stag last year and said it was amazing... I was a little jealous to say the least!

The rooftop bar at the Cosmopolitan looks gorgeous, must remember for this for when we head back out there (it's on my wish list for next year!)

Thanks for sharing another great day!
It was insanely busy, far too busy for our liking. We both said we had a really good day, but we were also so happy to leave and have some space again haha! The drinks prices were ridiculous, we couldn't justify paying anymore than a couple each, not appreciating the credit card bill now though Calvin Harris was very good though!

It was actually a really lovely bar, it was quite busy inside, but outside was really nice and the views are lovely. If you do go back I would recommend you go there !

Thank you for reading!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Wow that pool is busy.what dh would call "hair soup " 😳
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
$42 a drink! Holy guacamole! How do they get away with it?

I would love to experience on of the Vegas pool parties but the business in general puts me off, as do their prices! I'll stick to the free cocktails whilst I play the slots
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
$42 a drink! Holy guacamole! How do they get away with it?

I would love to experience on of the Vegas pool parties but the business in general puts me off, as do their prices! I'll stick to the free cocktails whilst I play the slots
I almost cried when I heard that number, so many people were so drunk, I honestly don't understand how they could justify spending that much money to get drunk.

The pool party was great, my boyfriend would like to go to one next year, but I don't think he would like the business of them either, so I think we are going to skip. The prices are extortionate, I'm glad to say I've done it, but will happy not to go again.

Orlando 16 - Food Report