Notices

Old 23 Jun 16, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Sammies' Second Solo PreTrip Report Ramblings! Sept 2016 *UPDATE in main post - 23/09/16*

Hello everyone!

After really enjoying writing my pretrip report for last years solo trip (link in my signature!) and getting great comments I thought I would give it a go again for this years trip!

Welcome to my second pre trip report
As tradition dictates, we will begin with introductions…

My name is Samantha, Sam, Sammie, hey you there… any of the above really!
Feel free to make up a new one, the usual names get boring sometimes :P

I am currently 24 and I’m from Glasgow!
Some main facts about me are that I work in a museum, I have three kitties named Edward, Angel and Darla (points if you guess the running theme with the names) and I overuse exclamation points and emojis!

This upcoming trip will be my 8th trip overall and my second solo trip.
I had such an amazing time on my last solo trip that I couldn’t wait to book another!
No…I mean I literally couldn’t wait! I’ll be away and back to Orlando before it’s even been a full year since my last trip – keen or what?!
Here are a few pictures from my solo trip in Sept 2015 to show you how much of an awesome time I clearly had :3

So enough about my last trip, now to tell you how this new trip came about!
Well as we all do after a trip to Orlando, as soon as I got home I started having withdrawals.
I knew I had a cruise in March/April 2016 though so I tried to come to terms with a trip to my happy place in 2016 not being feasible.

After my cruise I had the urge to look up prices for this year…because we do like to torture ourselves don’t we! Whilst doing this I happened to notice Disney were offering pretty reasonable packages…
Now I have never stayed onsite at Disney and I have always wanted to, so this peaked my interest. The deals were almost at and end though and I had to make a decision fast!
After some quick number crunching and a little insanity I hit book and voila! I was booked for my first ever onsite stay at Disney!
(Yayyy, I get to ride the magical express! )

Onto the specifics.
I have booked direct with Disney.
The package is a 10night stay from the 4th of September!
Indirect flights – GLA to LGW to MCO and viceversa on the return flying with British Airways!
Staying at the Art of Animation resort – The Little Mermaid room! (super excited as its my favourite Disney movie!)
And the 14 day Ultimate Disney Ticket with included Memory Maker!

Yayyyyy!
So that’s the main stuff booked all in the one!
Flights, Accommodation and Disney tickets.
I paid my full balance today! Altogether the Disney package for 10 nights was £1684.34.
I thought that was pretty reasonable for Disney – Any more experienced onsite visitors care thoughts on the price?

So, usually when I go to Orlando it is a full 14 day trip with all the themeparks.
And I do mean ALL the theme parks!
All four Disney parks, both Universal and IOA plus Seaworld and Busch Gardens!
But unfortunately due to it only being a 10 night trip and money restraints caused by the fact I was only just back from a two week trip to Orlando last year and a cruise in March/April I will have to cut that list down…it pains me to say!
I’ll obviously be doing Disney as that’s where I’m staying. This will give me a chance to do a whole host of Disney related things I have never done before and have always wanted to do (stay tuned for an insight into this later).
I will also be doing both Universal parks – because there is no way I’ll be missing out on Kong and the new and improved Hulk!
I will be doing both Uni parks in the one day, which should be no problem with single rider.
I need to look into the best ticket option and the best travel option to and from!? If any of you have any suggestions or tips please let me know

Now on to Food/ADRs!

Last year there was only one place I wanted to book as I’m not much of a foodie. I really wanted to try Sci-Fi Dine-In which is in Hollywood Studios! I liked the look of it as it was different and the food was just my kind of thing. Try as I might I just couldn’t get a reservation so I left it, defeated…
But I can happily report that this year I managed to secure an ADR for it even though when I went to book it was well after 180 days and I really thought I had no chance! Im super excited about it as it’s the one place I’ve always fancied experiencing

I haven’t done much research yet on what’s at the new and improved Disney Springs but I was sure there used to be a cinema that you could have dinner while you watched the movie at in Downtown Disney – does this ring a bell with anyone? If yes, is it still there? I think that could be quite fun to do!
Otherwise I’ll just be eating counter service meals in the parks. I may do some research into nice places that are in other hotels on Disney property. I’ve heard good things about The Wave, Kona Café and Roaring Fork…! If anyone has anything to say about those or any others you think are worth a look then let me know – although remember I’m not much of an adventurous eater I’ll post some updates when I do a little more research :3

Also a quick mention on ESTAs – my ESTA from last year is still active and valid so no new application to do! Yay

So…
As I mentioned earlier, this is my first time onsite. There will be some things I’ll be making an effort to do as I have never been able to do them before! So let’s play a little drinking game...
I have never…seen wishes…*drinks*
I have never…seen illuminations…*drinks*
I have never…seen fantasmic…*drinks*
I have never…stayed late in a Disney park…*drinks*
I have never…ridden a ride in the dark…*drinks*
I have never…visited Downtown Disney/Disney Springs…*drinks*
*stumbles away very intoxicated and very disappointed in herself!* XD

Because of not driving and family never wanting to do any of these things I’m taking my chance to do them this time around! I’m really looking forward to seeing the parks at night and experiencing a different side to it all

Today I also booked something I’ve always really wanted to do – the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!
I’m super super SUPER excited about this. I’ve booked it for the morning of my first full day. I know theres a lot of walking but I wanted to take advantage of being up super early
If im feeling a little worn out after I can just jump back to my onsite hotel for a rest!
Oh the perks ;D

I have a provisional plan together. It has already been tweaked and twisted so this will probably be the final version of what I’ll be doing/where I’ll be going on each day unless something drastic comes along to change it! I havent decided what I’m fastpassing yet, I’ll need to decide over the next week as my 60 day date is rapidly approaching!

Day One(4th)Sun – Fly to MCO
Check In
Unpack
Eat
Maybe explore AoA
Sleep!
Day Two(5th)Mon – MK
Keys to the Kingdom AM
Back to hotel for rest
Possibly AK PM
Day Three(6th)Tue – HS AM
Epcot PM (Illuminations)
Day Four(7th)Wed – Rest AM (pool time)
MK PM EMH (Wishes)
Day Five(8th)Thur – AK
Day Six(9th)Fri – Epcot EMH (Rest PM)
Day Seven(10th)Sat – HS
Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In
Fantasmic
Day Eight(11th)Sun - Rest (Disney Springs)
Day Nine(12th)Mon – Universal/IoA day.
Day Ten(13th)Tue – MK
Disney Springs possibly.
Day Eleven(14th)Wed – HS AM
Leaving PM…

I’ll update if any changes and let everyone know what I decided for fastpasses!

So!

THINGS I STILL TO DO
FP+ (Done)
Travel Insurance (Done)
Get dollars
Universal 2 park tickets (Done)

That’s about all from me for now!
Any questions feel free to ask – Any advice or tips feel free to help me out!
I’ll be updating along the way up until I head off for my trip

UPDATE 07/07/16

So yesterday was my 60 day mark and I was finally able to book my fastpasses!
Much excitement ensued after a minor blip (me forgetting that you now have to wait till midday to book them and having a slight panic...)
I could also check in to my hotel on MDE and request the kind of room I want! I requested near transportation and a lake view. I'm not 100% bothered if those requests cant be granted, i'll just be happy to be on Disney property!

Okay! So, back to fastpasses! Detailed below is my choices and times and a little bit more of what I plan to do throughout each of my Disney park days - let me know what you think!

Mon 5th MK:
Keys to the Kingdom Tour - 8.30am start
AK PM:
Everest: 6.05pm – 6.05pm
Kilimanjaro Safari: 7.10pm – 8.10pm
Jungle Book Show: 8.25pm – 8.45pm (show starts at 9pm)

Tue 6th HS:
Toy Story Mania: 10.25am – 11.25am
Star Tours: 12.55pm – 1.55pm
ToT: 2.20pm – 3.20pm
Possibly Epcot PM:
Illuminations - 9pm

Wed 7th MK PM:
Monsters Inc: 5.20pm – 6.20pm
Seven Dwarfs: 6.40pm – 7.40pm
Space: 7.45pm – 8.45pm
Celebrate the Magic - 8.45pm
Wishes - 9pm
EMH - 9pm - 11pm

Thurs 8th AK:
Kilimanjaro Safari: 10.50am – 11.50am
Primeval Whirl: 1.15pm – 2.15pm
Festival of the Lion King : 2.30pm – 2.50pm (show starts at 3pm)
Rainforest Café @ AK – 5.15pm

Fri 9th Epcot:
Mission Space: 10.20am – 11.20am
Frozen: 1.35pm – 2.35pm
Spaceship Earth: 3.10pm – 4.10pm

Sat 10th HS:
ToT: 1.10pm – 2.10pm
Star Tours: 2.55pm – 3.55pm
Toy Story Mania: 4.10 – 5.10pm
Sci Fi Dine-In Dinner Reservation - 5.50pm
Fantasmic - 8.30pm

Tue 13th MK:
Ariels Grotto: 10.50am – 11.50am
Haunted: 12.00pm – 1.00pm
Space: 2.25pm – 3.25pm
Possibly Disney Springs PM then Epcot for illuminations if haven't seen them yet.

Wed 14th HS:
Toy Story Mania: 10.10am – 11.10am
ToT: 11.25am – 12.25pm
Star Tours: 12.25pm – 1.25pm

So that's basically the jist of it all!
I need to look into food more and do some research on Universal tickets for the one day i'm going! Can't believe its less than 60 days!

UPDATE 03/08/16

One month tomorrow until I fly out!
Its honestly just hitting me that i'm going that soon and I get butterflies everytime I think about it!

Okay so what's new...
I ordered my universal 2 park 1 day ticket from Orlando Attractions for £123.04!
I booked my travel insurance which cost me £19.74!
Oh...and I also booked me an overnight stay in the Travelodge at Glasgow Airport!
I've always wanted to do an overnight stay at an airport hotel the night before a flight but have never really been able to justify it. But the fact that my first flight is at 7am...I used that as an excuse! :3
It cost my £60 but the extra hour or so in bed will help, because its gunna be a LONG travel day

I still have to get dollars...i'm considering getting some today as the rate is the best ive seen it in months! Stay tuned, i'll let you know what i did in the next update.

I added a second ADR to my plans. I booked the rainforest cafe at AK
I have eaten at the one in DLP but I just thought it would be something a bit more exciting! Something else to add into my plans haha :P

I made some more orders that are being sent within the US to mockingjay services who will deliver my packages to my disney hotel! I bought two cool mickey ears. One is a WDW castle one and the other is a Stitch themed pair. I also just made a big hot topic order and also ordered this bikini...

I hope it fits! :P
I also bought mermaid mickey ears from a seller on the dibb! Ill add a picture of them here when they arrive

So i think thats about all the new information that I have!
One month today ill be heading to the airport for an overnight stay at the Travelodge - the excitement is too much!
Till next time :3

UPDATE 23/09/16

I am now back from my amazing trip!
Highs & Lows have been posted HERE

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023

Edited at 03:02 PM.
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Hurray, so glad you are back with another pre-trippy... your plans look fab! And not long to wait now either, I am excited for you!

Oh and you are going to love the parks in the evening and all the fun that comes along with it... It's the best time of day in my opinion

Sci-Fi Diner is great too, we went both last year and this year, loved it! Such a fun dining experience!

Excited to see your plans come together (and of course follow your adventure on IG!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
loved reading your pre-trippie cant wait to hear about your solo trip
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It's the AMC cinema at Disney Springs that you can have a meal at during the film!

Your plans sound so fun! We loved Sci Fi last year and the KTTK tour is top of my list for our next trip!

Can't wait to read more about your plans! x
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Woohooooo so excited for this! And so excited for you getting to do Disney "properly".
I used mears transportation to get to/from universal. Looking forward to seeing how much you get done in the day there as I'll be doing the same on my solo trip.
Can't wait to hear more plans...us girls are gonna have so much to talk about on our next meet up now we all have trips booked. 😁
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow, yet another fantastic pre-trip report! everything sounds fascinating as usual

The little mermaid rooms seem very heavily themed which is always fun :p
I'm actually really interested to hear what the Sci-fi dine-in is like, seems right up my alley

Hope the entire trip is as awesome as the last (if not better) and wish you the best for it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Hurray, so glad you are back with another pre-trippy... your plans look fab! And not long to wait now either, I am excited for you!

Oh and you are going to love the parks in the evening and all the fun that comes along with it... It's the best time of day in my opinion

Sci-Fi Diner is great too, we went both last year and this year, loved it! Such a fun dining experience!

Excited to see your plans come together (and of course follow your adventure on IG!)
Thank you so much!
Going at night looks so cool from the reports and youtube videos i've seen. I can't begin to say how excited I am although i'm a bit gutted that BTM is down during my stay as I was looking forward to doing that in the dark. But I think being able to do Everest in the dark might just make up for it ;D

I just saw your pretrip (doh, where have I been! XD) and commented asking you about SciFi hehe. Glad you enjoyed it, it looks super fun :3

I'll be trying to upload to IG much more this trip than my last. I posted much more on snapchat last year so that will probably happen too. I'll post my snapchat details nearer to my trip incase anyone wants to add me there

Originally Posted by EllenClaire View Post
loved reading your pre-trippie cant wait to hear about your solo trip
Thank you! I'll keep you guys updated

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
It's the AMC cinema at Disney Springs that you can have a meal at during the film!

Your plans sound so fun! We loved Sci Fi last year and the KTTK tour is top of my list for our next trip!

Can't wait to read more about your plans! x
Yass! I'm glad it's still there! (and hopefully it doesnt go anywhere before my trip!) I'm definitely going to look into going there

Originally Posted by stace&tink View Post
Woohooooo so excited for this! And so excited for you getting to do Disney "properly".
I used mears transportation to get to/from universal. Looking forward to seeing how much you get done in the day there as I'll be doing the same on my solo trip.
Can't wait to hear more plans...us girls are gonna have so much to talk about on our next meet up now we all have trips booked. 😁
Me too! Its literally been such a dream for so long, I can't believe i'll finally be doing it!
Oh, mears! Do you just book through their website? Was it a decent price?
Last year I was able to do so much so quickly at Universal because of the single rider lines so i'm hoping it will work in my favour again this year.
We'll have such a good time when we all hang out. We all might be going to the GDO next year which would be awesome too

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalalou
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Looking forward to reading, September is coming around quick! Your plans look so good, I keep changing my mind on everything!
Lalalou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Me too! Its literally been such a dream for so long, I can't believe i'll finally be doing it!
Last year I was able to do so much so quickly at Universal because of the single rider lines so i'm hoping it will work in my favour again this year.
We'll have such a good time when we all hang out. We all might be going to the GDO next year which would be awesome too

The Disney hotel will book it for you when you arrive. Just tell them which day you want to go. So easy. I believe it's around $20 return.
Defo wanna go to GDO... Fingers crossed!
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stace&tink View Post
Originally Posted by SmilingSammie View Post

Yayy! Loved reading it Cannot wait to see all your piccies & hear all about it. Can't wait to see you girls again, we'll have so much to catch up on & I should have booked to go again by then

You definitely need to see Wishes, Illuminations, all those this time around! I didn't realise you'd never seen them before, one of my favourite things about Disney
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List