Old 24 Jun 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

What Happens in Vegas...Day 7 - Bacchanal Buffet & Johnny Rockets

Index

Previous Day

Monday 6th June 2016

Today we were due to go to the Red Rock Canyon with my friend and then go to the outlets to do some shopping, however I woke up feeling funny so we messaged my friend and cancelled, we decided we would take it easy today and just spend some time round by the Caesars Palace pool.

Amy wanted to get some eye drops so we decided to get up and head to the Walgreen's located on Blvd. by Denny’s on the way to the Venetian. I think it was around 8am when we left the room; it was weird to see the strip so quiet and empty.

Once we had grabbed a couple of bits from the shop we decided to drop our bags off to the room and then grab some breakfast. We were both feeling quite hungry by now and as we were walking back through the hotel we decided to check the prices at the bacchanal buffet it was $33.50 each, but before we paid we asked if we could have a look round at what was on offer.

OMG, everything here was amazing, they had so much on offer the savoury foods included seafood, lobster, crabs, fresh prawns, then the typical American style breakfast foods, omelette station, bacon, sausages, potatoes, eggs. They had a different selection of carved meats and the most amazing beef stew, steak & eggs, mashed potatoes, fried chicken, sweet potato tots. Then there was the Italian food section, pizza, pasta, spaghetti and meatballs. There was also Asian food, noodles, sushi, curries, the list goes on.

The sweet section was even better; they had miniature desserts, ice creams, cookies, macaroons, pastries, crepe station, pancakes, waffles and French toast. We decided that we did want to eat here, and we definitely got our monies worth, I wasn’t sure how I would get on as I had been feeling a bit ill, but I managed just fine!

Neither of us had our phones with us as, but I have a few Googled pictures so you can see just how amazing some of the food looked. This was without a doubt the most amazing buffet I have ever been too, the food was such a good quality and everything tasted amazing and fresh.

After our breakfast we decided to chill round by the pool for a few hours, the plan was to possibly head to the Premium outlets this afternoon as I had a few bits I needed to grab for people back home.

However this quickly changed, the weather was really nice it wasn’t too hot so we didn’t make it to the outlets in the end. We ended up spending the rest of the day by the pool; we got speaking to a couple from New York and a few people from the UK and before we knew it 4pm.

I headed back to the room on my own for a bit as I wanted to check my phone, as I got back to the room the phone was ringing, I answered this and it was a lady from Vision Air confirming our Grand Canyon tour, she also wanted to inform us that the flight time had changed and rather than picking us up at 5am, they would be picking us up at 7:20am, I was quite happy to hear this and both me and Amy were dreading the 4:30am alarm.

Amy joined me shortly after, we got showered and read as we were meeting some of the people we met by the pool for drinks this evening. Before we met everyone else we headed over to the Venetian and had some food at Johnny Rockets, we both had a burger and shared chilli fries. I also had to have a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake.

I can’t remember the price we paid, but I think it was around $17 each + tax.

After we had finished our food, we went back over to Caesars and met up with our friends. We decided to have a few quiet drinks tonight, as me and Amy didn’t want to do anything/ stay out too late because we had our canyon tour in the morning.

Other than going to the shop by the Flamingo hotel, we didn’t leave Caesars that night and I think we made it to bed by 12:30am.

Next: Day 8 - Grand Canyon, Outback & "O".

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 04:14 PM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Loving your trippy

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Another great day! The food at that breakfast buffet looked amazing!

Excited to see your photos from the canyon!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes47 View Post
Loving your trippy
Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Another great day! The food at that breakfast buffet looked amazing!

Excited to see your photos from the canyon!
It was the best buffet I have ever been too! The food was incredible!

I have so many pictures from the Canyon, this day may take a while to write haha!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A good day. We went out on the strip early on our first day and it was deserted.

The buffet food looks good ,abit much for breakfast though😦😦.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oh that buffet looks amazing, I really want to do a proper Vegas buffet this time round. I had been eyeing up the Wicked Spoon but this one also looks amazing.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Oh that buffet looks amazing, I really want to do a proper Vegas buffet this time round. I had been eyeing up the Wicked Spoon but this one also looks amazing.
I haven't been to the Wicked Spoon, but can honestly say this was such a good buffet and 100% worth the price. Everything tasted amazing, so much flavour, each dessert was amazing too, I sometimes find the sweet stuff to be lacking at buffets but not here. They had brownie stuffed cookies and they were so good!

Orlando 16 - Food Report