Old 22 Aug 16, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Triple Treat Tour July 2016 Day 8: Lazy Days, Supermarket Sweep and Wild Wings

The day before is HERE

Sunday 10 July

I was wide awake at 5 am

I felt a bit better about the villa as I pottered about on my own in the daylight

It was very clean and had lots of space – including the games room that had been a must, and was never used after the first night !

It did feel a little “ tired” as in the bedding and towels looked like they had seen better days and the ironing board cover was so badly fitted it put more creases in the clothes than the iron took out.

It felt a little more basic than the places we have stayed in the past so whilst very much ok, it wasn’t super duper fabulous.

But we got on there just fine and I think I was victim of Dibbers curse -you just have such high expectations of everything and research to the death , then these little things take on a disproportionate effect when they really shouldn’t.

Although it did really tick me off every time I opened the bedroom drawers that you had to catch them quick before dropping them on your foot !

But the kitchen was well stocked , the pool area was nice and the kids were happy to have their own space, a tv each and of course unlimited internet !

A few more pics which are better than last nights

#

And these are from the rental website – and a fair reflection of what we had

The owner did ask for feedback so I did tell him that I thought the towels and bedding were not great and he since emailed back to say they would all be replaced – so fair play to him, I guess if people don’t say anything, owners will never know !

Andy was awake by 6 and we sat watching Wesh news ( ah this is just such holiday thing for us , Amy Sweezey and the weather ) and eating Danish pastries.

Now it feels like a proper holiday !

Unfortunately as I did my morning tour of the house I had to deal with loo gate – where is Wizzo ad his multiple loo plungers when you need them?

OMG it was San Francisco all over again .

The offending person(s) shall be nameless – but lets just say it wasn’t our ensuite that had the “issue”...

Well, that’s one way to start a holiday, elbow deep in proverbial doo dah and trying not to think about the potential plumbing repair costs .

Seriously, American plumbing, it sucks

Or in this case, it clearly didn’t !

About 20 minutes later it had been sorted and I spent the rest of the day flushing the loo every time I went past to make sure it was all ok.

Honestly.

Never travel with teenage boys – they are just hobgoblins and were all blissfully unaware of my herculean toilet saving skills.

Gross

Fresh from Flushgate, Andy and I decided to set off to Walmart around 10

The only time shopping is not a chore

We did resist a lot of stuff – we always overbuy and end up with stuff in the freezer.

We were more disciplined this time , except that melon , why did Andy buy it – no one even likes it

Trolley stuffed with totally unhealthy stuff

Ah go on then, chuck on some water for good measure, just hiding the cakes …

It was only when we got to the till that we realised we had only brought the revolut card out with us so it better work or we are going to have to make a dash back home – it was a bit tense ! But happily it worked just fine

The bill was $211 for 73 items which I think was pretty good – it lasted us 10 days and the only thing we topped up on was milk and coffee and more cakes.

It was about mid day now and we needed to do a bit more shopping

Regular readers will have noted the total lack of shopping thus far in the trip – well, that’s all about to be put right!

We stopped at the Kissimmee Clearance outlet at the Nike store and I picked up some bargains at the Tommy Hilfiger outlet – the rule here , see it , buy it – because it will be gone tomorrow !

A lovely casual dress ( lol, I wore this later at Universal, it was funny that people commented on my “Hogwarts” dress because of the H badge ) $21

Supersoft long length jumper $11

And a really gorgeous warm wool jacket $62

$95 for the three items – what a snip !

We grazed on some snacks at home – the rustling of carrier bags being enough to alert the teens that food had arrived

Andy and Nick went out to the larger Nike outlet while the rest of us lazed around until 2.45 when we headed out for late lunch/early dinner at BWW – so we could see the Euro final

Service was a bit patchy but food and atmosphere was good – but take a cardi , its absolutely freezing in there

I had a very watery strawberry lemonade. Disappointing

The teens had nuclear Mountain Dew

Nick had a cheeseburger

Andy and I had Big Jack Daddy Burgers.
Burger, pulled pork and onion rings. Nom nom .

Connor and Jamie had BBQ chicken sandwiches

Chicken, bacon and cheese. Definitely one of the better ones this holiday

Nick had the chocolate fudge cake

I had the cheesecake bites

Ooooh, these are amazing. Deep fried balls of sweet cream cheese with chocolate or caramel dipping sauces. Little hot balls of heaven !

And the bill ...

$98 and we left a $15 tip.

We return home after the match and the boys mess about in the pool – I am still ploughing my way through about 8 loads of laundry from the previous week but its nice sitting by the pool with some wine in between dealing with the washer and dryer – if only it was like this at home – laundry wouldn’t be such a chore

We rounded off the day watching a movie – one of those that has the WhiteHouse being invaded, I forget which one but we had seen it before but this time we could say “ we’ve been there”.

It had been really nice just to have a quiet day today and get our Florida feet so to speak

Early night at 9.30 as we are off to Busch tomorrow which is HERE

Edited at 09:23 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Why is it we love food shopping so much in America 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely relaxing day, I do love BWW!

Loved your trolley goodies !
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Why is it we love food shopping so much in America 😀
It's just bigger, fresher and just sooooo much variety
We love it !

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Lovely relaxing day, I do love BWW!

Loved your trolley goodies !
It was a great day , ideal start to the Orlando stretch. Didn't manage the BWW cheese curds for starters but those bites for dessert were yum
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Haha loving that trolley! Love American supermarkets

Wait you all went to B-Dubs and nobody had wings? The horror!

Nice easy day!

P.S. I love doing laundry at the villa

xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

You are so right about teenage boys and their toilet habits (shudddddder). I had a laugh at the restaurant photos too with all the phones lit up.

Great Wallmart shop - I can see you have all the essentials there like wine, crisps, cake, crisps, crisps, cake. I like it.

Your first set of outlet bargains are pretty good too :-) x
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You definitely deserved a more chilled out day after your busy week! Food at Buffalo Wild Wings looks fab, I didn't enjoy their wings (too much sauce), I should have been more adventurous with the menu.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jane71
Very Serious Dibber

A nice relaxing day to recharge. Glad you got a wee bit of shopping done. I'm intrigued about San Francisco so may have to read your other trip reports.
Jane71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 16, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Haha loving that trolley! Love American supermarkets

Wait you all went to B-Dubs and nobody had wings? The horror!

Nice easy day!

P.S. I love doing laundry at the villa

xx
Says quietly ... I can't abide wings, way too fiddly for me . Andy always gets food envy for the burgers so he ditched the wings this time too.
Lol, I love laundry at the villa too. Why is it not this easy at home, I love those tubs and dryers !

Originally Posted by CuriousAlice View Post
You are so right about teenage boys and their toilet habits (shudddddder). I had a laugh at the restaurant photos too with all the phones lit up.

Great Wallmart shop - I can see you have all the essentials there like wine, crisps, cake, crisps, crisps, cake. I like it.

Your first set of outlet bargains are pretty good too :-) x
They are hopeless. They just looked at me, blamed each other, said oh well it's sorted now and carried on . Wait till they have kids !
Only on holiday can I get away with so many boxes of cakes ... All for the teens of course

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
You definitely deserved a more chilled out day after your busy week! Food at Buffalo Wild Wings looks fab, I didn't enjoy their wings (too much sauce), I should have been more adventurous with the menu.
It was a great first day at the villa, no rush to do anything . I think the choice is pretty good at BWW .. Even if I did pick the same as last year

Originally Posted by Jane71 View Post
A nice relaxing day to recharge. Glad you got a wee bit of shopping done. I'm intrigued about San Francisco so may have to read your other trip reports.
Lol, SF was four years ago. We had a flush gate in the hotel room. Nightmare. These toilet stories are legendary in our family now !
Old 11 Sep 16, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just what you needed a nice relaxing day after all that walking

Joan