Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28 Sep 16, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
juliab
Imagineer
 
juliab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
:) Another Dose of Disney Dreams!-August 2016-Index ***COMPLETE***

Well i can't believe that we have been back nearly a month now. I've had such bad Disney blues but I'm hoping by writing this trip report, it will bring back all those fabulous memories.

We're a family of five who spent 5 nights at Sapphire Falls followed by 14 nights at Port Orleans Riverside and ending our holiday on a 3 night Disney cruise.

Can I just say that there are some amazing writers on the Dibb but I am not one of them. I'll try to do the best I can, it will be an account of our time in Florida and the Disney cruise. One thing it will have lots of are photo's I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for reading

Julia




INDEX

Pre trippy- Intoduction

Pre travel days - Journey to Gatwick and day trip to Jersey
Day 1 - Flight to Miami
Day 2 - Checking into Sapphire Falls - Universal Resort
Day 3 - Universal Studios, Pool time & Margaritaville
Day 4 - Islands of Adventure, King Kong, Teaks Grill & Pool time
Day 5 - Universal Studios, Premium Outlets & Diagon Alley at night
Day 6 - IHOP, Universal Parks & Cowfish
Day 7 - Port Orleans Riverside & Magic Kingdom
Day 8 - Epcot & Garden Grill Lunch
Day 9 - Animal Kingdom, Tuskers & French Quarter night swim
Day 10 - Hollywood Studios, La Hacienda & Fantasmic
Day 11 - Wedding Anniversary in Magic Kingdom, Narcoossee's and Wishes
Day 12 - Epcot, Disney Springs, D-luxe Burger & Shopping
Day 13 - Typhoon Lagoon, Sanaa & Animal Kingdom Nightime show
Day 14 - Hollywood Studios, California Grill & Wishes
Day 15 - Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs & Raglan Rd
Day 16 - Magic kingdom, Cinderella's Lunch & A/Kingdom night rides
Day 17 - Ohana Breakfast and Drinks around World Showcase
Day 18 - Blizzard Beach, 50's Prime Time & Star Wars Fireworks
Day 19 - A/Kingdom, FOTLK, Epcot Akershus and Illuminations
Day 20 - Last Disney World day, Magic Kingdom
Day 21 - Shopping & Cocoa Beach
Day 22 - Cruise time Boarding the Dream
Day 23 - Nassau & Pirates Night
Day 24 - Castaway Cay
Day 25 - Leaving the Disney Dream & Going Home

Edited at 09:41 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer
 
nickyjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 10
I can't wait!, looking forward to seeing your boardwalk pictures...
I did spot you that day but wasn't in a position to say hello without looking like a mad stalking woman!
I too have the Disney blues, just ordered some vintage style prints of our holiday though and I'm going to put them up in our kitchen so we can look at them everyday! I'll post some pics on Instagram when they arrive. Any plans for next year yet? I'm keeping busy planning 2018 and as its all new it's all exciting! Hope you are all well...
Nicky x
nickyjw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Guest
Guest
 
Yay Julia! I enjoyed your wedding report, looking forward to reading this!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Magic Mouse
Imagineer
 
Magic Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 07
Loved your wedding trippie so can't wait for this one
__________________
Ridgewood Lakes - May 05 Southern Dunes - May 07
Emerald Island - Oct 08 Bahama Bay - Mar 10
Bahama Bay - Mar 12 Oak Island Harbor - Aug 13
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
sheluk
Imagineer
 
sheluk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13
Mobile

This makes me SO happy can't wait to read! And I find all of your reports witty and engaging and fabulous so get writing (please)! X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
mrsdjh
VIP Dibber
 
mrsdjh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 13
Mobile

I loved your last report Julia and can't wait to read this one, especially all about your cruise.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
juliab
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
juliab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
I can't wait!, looking forward to seeing your boardwalk pictures...
I did spot you that day but wasn't in a position to say hello without looking like a mad stalking woman!
I too have the Disney blues, just ordered some vintage style prints of our holiday though and I'm going to put them up in our kitchen so we can look at them everyday! I'll post some pics on Instagram when they arrive. Any plans for next year yet? I'm keeping busy planning 2018 and as its all new it's all exciting! Hope you are all well...
Nicky x
Hi Nicky, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's still feeling this way, we need to set up some kind of support group
Oh it doesn't matter, I did wonder because I saw your post about arriving at the Boardwalk and we'd been stood in the lobby waiting for a little while. It was so lovely to see you in Magic Kingdom though.

Can't wait to see your vintage pics they sound fab, might have to know where you've got them from. We're the same talking about the holiday loads, it's good to keep those memories strong. We're not sure yet, I was so tempted by those BA prices a couple of weeks back and was so disappointed at not getting the flights to Los Angeles as we'd love to do a West coast trip like you're planning. Still things happen for a reason and I think Poppy might just be a little too young to enjoy that kind of holiday to the full. Maybe give it a couple more years. I'll be stalking your IG when you're away there and asking for lots of help and tips

I'm feeling so much better after and horrendous time last week and the rest of us are doing great too. Hope you're all well too Xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
juliab
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
juliab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Yay Julia! I enjoyed your wedding report, looking forward to reading this!
Thanks Charlene, lovely to know you'll be reading along

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Loved your wedding trippie so can't wait for this one
Thank you, I hope you enjoy this one too

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
This makes me SO happy can't wait to read! And I find all of your reports witty and engaging and fabulous so get writing (please)! X
Hi Michelle, that's so lovely of you to say, first days are coming up really soon X

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I loved your last report Julia and can't wait to read this one, especially all about your cruise.
Hello Diane, thank you for reading along. I can't wait to write about the cruise part it was amazing!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer
 
nickyjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 10
Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Hi Nicky, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's still feeling this way, we need to set up some kind of support group
Oh it doesn't matter, I did wonder because I saw your post about arriving at the Boardwalk and we'd been stood in the lobby waiting for a little while. It was so lovely to see you in Magic Kingdom though.

Can't wait to see your vintage pics they sound fab, might have to know where you've got them from. We're the same talking about the holiday loads, it's good to keep those memories strong. We're not sure yet, I was so tempted by those BA prices a couple of weeks back and was so disappointed at not getting the flights to Los Angeles as we'd love to do a West coast trip like you're planning. Still things happen for a reason and I think Poppy might just be a little too young to enjoy that kind of holiday to the full. Maybe give it a couple more years. I'll be stalking your IG when you're away there and asking for lots of help and tips

I'm feeling so much better after and horrendous time last week and the rest of us are doing great too. Hope you're all well too Xx
Sorry to hear you've had an horrendous week...hope you've not been poorly?
I've ordered my photos from LaLa Lab and I'm still desperately waiting for them to arrive! They look like Polaroid pictures but I've had them all in black and white and added text at the bottom. It was only around 16.00 for approx 58 or so pics. I had 20% discount for first timer and downloading the app to my phone. It was very easy! We have a wall behind our island in the kitchen where we eat all our meals together so I thought it would be nice to make a really big photo display... It might not work but at least we will look at our pics everyday and remember our highlights.
nickyjw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
juliab
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
juliab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 07

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Sorry to hear you've had an horrendous week...hope you've not been poorly?
I've ordered my photos from LaLa Lab and I'm still desperately waiting for them to arrive! They look like Polaroid pictures but I've had them all in black and white and added text at the bottom. It was only around 16.00 for approx 58 or so pics. I had 20% discount for first timer and downloading the app to my phone. It was very easy! We have a wall behind our island in the kitchen where we eat all our meals together so I thought it would be nice to make a really big photo display... It might not work but at least we will look at our pics everyday and remember our highlights.
It was the tooth Nicky, ended up with a dry socket which was so painful, knocked me out for the week.

That sounds brilliant, I will have a look. I like the sound of the Polaroid photo's. Brilliant idea having the photo's in a place where you get to see them a lot. Thanks X
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »
Posted in Disney Offers
On 13th October 10:56am
Disney has released details of their UK & Ireland Early Booker promotion for Spring and... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2724
CaxtonFX  $1.2822
Covent Garden FX  $1.2991
FAIRFX  $1.2635
John Lewis  $1.2738
M&S  $1.2532
Post Office  $1.2528
Sainsburys  $1.2696
TESCO  $1.2720
Travelex  $1.2669
Updated: 22:30 21/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0728
CaxtonFX  €1.0805
Covent Garden FX  €1.0975
FAIRFX  €1.0790
John Lewis  €1.0741
M&S  €1.0573
Post Office  €1.0559
Sainsburys  €1.0710
TESCO  €1.0728
Travelex  €1.0700
Updated: 22:30 21/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now