Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Nov 16, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

From the Beach to the Wilderness Halloween 16 Day 7 Take 2 at the Studios

I was still waking early but Darren managed to sleep until 7.15 today. We had had a few early mornings so we decided to have a late start today. It was lovely relaxing around the pool and watching the ducks and birds. We then headed for our first ever visit to the Florida Mall. I'm not quite sure how we had missed this before. The traffic was again bad. The boys bought a few things and want to return but Alix only bought a necklace and wasn't as keen. I sat in a lovely outdoor area reading and enjoying the cool breeze as it was fairly humid today.

We then set off for a second visit to HS as today was the last night before RnR Coaster closed for a refurb.

The first FP was for ToT and we were a little late but the CM said we had a 15 minute grace period. Darren wasn't feeling too well so decided to sit this one out with Alix and they went for an iced coffee and passion fruit drink, which they both enjoyed. Matt and I enjoyed ToT but prefer it in the dark - it was good to see Everest in the distance though.

We then split up with the kids going off to ride RnR Coaster one last time and Darren and I going to TS. The kids were then going to fantasmic. Matt had not seen this for a few years so wanted to go and Alix and I watched it every year so I wasn't bothered about missing it. A FP was needed for RnR Coaster as standby was 80 minutes.

Darren and I enjoyed TS and he, of course, won.

We then strolled back towards Fantasmic and as we reached it before it started had a look in to see if we could get a seat at the back. We were directed towards the opposite end to the entrance so decided not to bother as we wanted to make a quick exit. We stopped for a drink and some glazed almonds at the refreshment kiosk and sat on a wall to enjoy as it was still quite humid.

We then realised that we could stand at the back and had a great view of Fantasmic. I love finding new places to watch from. It does annoy me though when people get up to leave before the end. We wouldn't spoil it for everyone else and this was the reason we stood at the back.

We waited for the kids at the entrance

and realised we had a great view of the Star Wars fireworks - much better than we had closer to the theatre, although, of course, we could not see the projections.

When the projections were on we walked back to our car in Amaze and watched the end of the fireworks from the car park.

For some reason we decided to click on toll roads on the sat nav which took us a different route to our usual route but maybe wasn't such a good idea when we needed petrol. As it turns out it was much quicker and a route we'll use in future. As the garage was next to McDonalds the kids wanted to call and although I am sick of takeaways I had a breakfast McMuffin as I don't get much chance for these at home.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 16, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Lovely photo of you and your husband, looks like another lovely day...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List