Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jan 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Second Helpings - 21 days July / August 2016 - Day 2 24th July, Hollywood Studios and Epcot

This morning was to be Hollywood Studios for EMH which started at 8. We were up and out of the room by 7:30 and arriving at HS by 7:45. We took some pictures at the entrance and could see that we were so early that the moon was still in the sky, although it was definitely still hot even at this time of the morning.

We were held until 8 when we were all let through, we were heading straight for RnR as we had a FP later for ToT.

We arrived and were shown straight into the pre-show, they didn’t even finish showing it before we were let out to ride. It was a fab ride again, I was careful to avoid my usual Wallace (from Wallace and Gromit) grin as we start – I found screaming loudly the best solution.

The line was too long for a second go but ToT was only posted as 13 minutes

so we walked straight onto this I’m mixed in my feelings towards this ride, I think it is really clever the way that you never know when or how far you will drop and find it truly exciting and terrifying at the same time as I hate lifts and am always scared they will break down, it is definitely not one I can ride multiple times in one go! It was also at this point I realised that lose skirts and big drops were not a good combination and tucked my skirt between my legs to avoid flashing everyone!

We were still in EMH so decided to try to do the Star Wars meet and greats before it gets too busy. I have no interest in Star Wars so must apologise for my lack of description of this area, Dave tells me it was really good and his face meeting Chewbacca was worth the trip,
he was in his element! But boy is that Kylo Ren scary, I wouldn’t want to take small children in to see him, he was so well in character so different from all the other Disney characters you meet!

As Dave had now meet his favourite characters, it was now my turn, Olaf was our next call, there was a 20 minute or so wait but we didn’t mind as we’d already done quite a lot and it was only just gone 9:00.

After Olaf, we were ready or food (the girls had already eaten some muffins in the room before we left so we weren’t starving them!), Me and Dave shared a Mickey Pretzel and a Churro while the girls went straight for their first Mickey Ice Cream of the trip, these really do melt fast so you need to eat them really fast!

We went to our Star Tours FP next, although I say I’m not a Star Wars fan I do love this ride and really like the new additions following the Force Awakens film,
followed by out TSM FP. I then insisted on Beauty and the Beast show as I really enjoy this before we caught the boat back around 1:00.
We picked up some lunch of 2 flatbreads and a Turkey Sandwich and ate these on one of the small tables by the Marketplace. For deserts, we had a massive tub of Hagen Das (vanilla) which we managed to eat around half of between us and two cookies for breakfast in the morning.
We then spent some time by the pool,
a fair bit of it trying to persuade the children to try the slide, they wouldn’t, until the day before we left at which point the loved it and we so disappointed that they hadn’t listened to us and tried it before. We headed back to the room around 3:30 to shower and get ready for dinner, we were out again at 4:45 heading for Norway for Akershus.
The restaurant is really beautiful,
we had a photograph with Belle before being seated
her dress is so big you can't really get close to her. The starters were served buffet style and really different, Dave in particular really enjoyed, the rest of us are quite fussy so we found this meal much more difficult than others. The waitress messed up both mine and Amelia’s meals so we had to wait quite a while for this to be sorted out and in the end, neither of us enjoyed what we had ordered, neither did Niamh so not our best choice of meal but the location was really lovely. The princess came around while we ate and the girls even joined in the princess parade, Amelia with encouragement as she felt too old but Niamh wouldn’t go without her.
The meal didn’t finish until 7 which is a long meal by Disney standards.
As we were in the area, we check the wait time for the Anna and Elsa meet and great, I think it was posted at only 10 minutes so we joined the queue. This area is beautifully done and we took lots of photographs while waiting. We were shown through a door to meet Anna and Elsa, it was a lovely meet.

We also checked out the Frozen themed toilet while here, they are really well done out

As we were in Mexico, trying on hats of course,

I remembered there was a ride here, as there was no wait, we went on the Gran Fiesta tour for the first time, we quite enjoyed this, probably because we had low expectations but it featured a couple more times during the trip.

We then visited the shops where Amelia spent the first of her money on a lovely keyring which I’m still jealous of now. As we headed back to the hotel, we stopped and clapped along to ‘We will rock you’ being performed in the bandstand in the UK, before returning to the hotel, taking photos on the beach and of the girls cartwheeling along the grass.

Again we picked up muffins for breakfast using QS credits along with drinks in our refillable mugs and were in the room at 8:30 with me and the girls asleep by ten, and Dave on the balcony enjoying a beer and the distant fireworks.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Love a good EMH morning you seem to get loads done by 11am! Great day.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Have to agree with you about kylo ren.scared me silly 😡
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Very proactive day, good use of EMH

Shame about the food Looks like the girls still had a magical time
Old 21 Mar 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

A real shame you didn't enjoy your meals at Akershus, I really like the buffet. Perhaps breakfast is a safer bet for a future visit!?

Lovely pictures from the resort.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 05:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Great day, you can get so much covered with EMH!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day, we didn't utilise EMH in the morning on our last trip, looks like we need to try it this time around as you seem to be able to fit so much in!
Old 16 May 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Great day. I so wish I could stay at the Beach Club. We discovered last time how quick the walk was!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List