Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Feb 17, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Follow that Dream! - Day 9 August 9th 2016 -Beach Club, Epcot and an all new Soarin'.

Welcome back, amid so many replies to the previous ramblings, I 'm glad you have enjoyed the journey so far.

If you have missed the whole lot- the index and every day is available if you click here.

Day 8 is here for you too.

Welcome to day 9,
a day when we did so much and it was all walking , which was the whole point of being in our lovely hotel.

Tuesday 9th August 2017

Today's planned FP's and DDP.

Disney's Beach Club Resort

Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast at Cape May Cafe
10:25 AM

Epcot

Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Spaceship Earth
6:15 PM - 7:15 PM

Soarin'
7:40 PM - 8:40 PM

Again, the late night hit us and the alarm sounded at 9 am to waken us all from a very deep sleep, the planned pool time before breakfast seemed laughable at the moment we stumbled out of the room to the elevator to the ground floor and were still at wake up stage of the morning!

No need to hurry though as we were in the hotel for a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. We had enjoyed this in the past and seeing as though we were in the same building, it would be a shame to miss out on the opportunity to do it again.

Welcome to the Beach Club...

We were seated by 10-30.

The food was excellent as was the character interaction – we were well looked after and the characters came around for a second time too.

We could have stayed even longer, now there is a first in a Disney restaurant !

As there was no Lunch serving, there was no need to rush- this made a big difference from eating at other character places that serve lunch and will possibly draw us here again in the future.

We then walked the effects of it off on World Showcase and stopped at China for a cool down - we also noted the removal of the Terracotta Army from display and replaced by a Tokyo Disney 'exhibit' or should that read blatant advert- I could not even bring myself to take a photo of it - Shameless on a big scale.

Seems such a shame to do away with the cultural elements. This still bugs me as there was so many really informative parts about the old exhibit that made the whole point of China being in Epcot.

We avoided the clutches of Ana and Elsa, or where they just playing hard to get?

They are obviously Norway's next Eurovision song contest winners with greater rights to Epcot than a Terracotta Army.

Since we come from a country that will no longer be Euro, we scuttled past and let it go!

But we did make the effort to extend our links to Mexico via the boat ride which featured a newly restored animatronic ending – YES you read it correctly! RESTORED not removed , shut or replaced. It is a long lost word in the World of WDW in the current era.
They rip out a ride to replace with Frozen, they assassinate the Terracotta army for a shameless advert and yet we get to Mexico and with one animatronic reintroduction all is good in the state of Epcot!

Build a wall!

This seems so small and possibly something nobody would notice - but it was back, the simple things that possibly cost the Disney Organization such a pitiful amount in comparison to rebuilding Norway or even building new car parks, but it makes a difference.

In this case it was good to see a proper ending back in place – this needed something else –and no not a bulldozer…

A quick pint of Strongbow at the Rose and Crown was just what was needed.

As much as I deeply love Epcot , World Showcase especially , I do wish there was a plan for ongoing tweaking of what is there , rather than the ignore for years then start again syndrome that currently exists.

Anyway – we headed back the short walk to the pool and it was welcomed by all.

It was overcast but still warm so the boys spent time volleyballing and playing in the pool and on the slide- I once again gave them control of the underwater camera!

A wonderful afternoon pool session for all.

We washed, changed and set off for the ESPN bar just because we could!
We never have had such opportunities in the past and a shared pitcher

was enjoyed ( not with the kids I hasten to add! )
before we set off back into Epcot - we had missed the film fp but since it usually has minimal queue it will wait for another day.

We were heading for Spaceship Earth and as we were right on time, we could grab some dinner at the Katsura Grill in Japan - we got the boat across at 7 then enjoyed a fab counter service meal.

A swift walk back saw us use our fast pass for Soarin' Around the World.

Our first time with the new film, it was just as good as the old one but the quality of the film was such a big difference, the whole spirit of the ride remains and that was something that concerned me when they announced the world version

The overall view of every member of the family was a resounding thumbs up- we were front row and middle for the ride, it was incredible and a bit more too.

We exited just minutes before the fireworks began - it was busy and as we watched from the bridge towards international gateway it was clear that this was about as close as we needed to get. we had no need to see illuminations tonight , and as the final part of the show rang out in the sky, we were already heading to Test Track for a very quick single rider opportunity with minimal queue

and then we were off to Soarin again with a diversion provided by Baymax!

Great to actually get a meet and greet photo - it did mean we had 30 minute wait - it was still worth it.

We walked onto Living with the Land ( which is such a favourite of ours , having experienced the living with seeds tour) and then it was back for a final Soarin of the night at 11pm.

Front row centre again and in the brand new screen that was newly built- good to see Patrick still makes the same safety announcement before you go on.

Third time and it was still just breathtaking - what a fantastic new film.

We walked back through a near deserted park and part of world showcase. The walk back home was a spiritual one. Never have we been able to do this and once again we felt a tingle of excitement. Bed was such a short walk away and we just soaked the whole thing up, ensuring we entered via the main doors just to soak even more of it up.

It was midnight when the lights went out after another superb day.

Now to change fps for in the morning!

Bruce song of the day - a totally indulgent -Jungleland for no other reason than I have found this version from 1980 that may not be online for too long. Just a beautiful song that belongs to today- you can watch it here

Just for eldest son Josh- whilst you missed out at Wembley in the summer - I missed out on this when I was your age in 1980. At least you have seen Bruce.
2016 at Wembley sounded nothing like this - too much echo, just essentially the most amazing song of all time. ( except for Racing in the Street) and you have seen that!

For everyone else who is reading -
Please enjoy Such an amazing song.

Day 10 is worth reading if you click here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:31 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, just wow about the BC location. I was just saying to my DH yesterday how will we go back to a mod or value resort after or BC stay this year

I can't believe they have removed the Terracotta Army, we have only seen that once and I wanted to show it to my son

The character meal is also on our list. I think for our last morning as our park passes won't work on our last day as it is the 15th day

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Your breakfast looks yummy, I could just sit down for that now 😋 It's on my hit list (fingers crossed)

Laughing hard this morning at all your references 😂 Shame about the T army, is that a short term or permanent change?

Love Josh on test track 😂😴

Soarin changes do sound positive, really looking forward to seeing it.

TFS 😃😎
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Is that your son looking asleep on test track?!
Glad you gave thumbs up to the new Soarin ride. Can I ask please where you found Baymax? Would love to hug him! This looks like such a fab day, especially breakfast, your youngests face says it all..

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day you are certainly enjoying the Y&BC , and all the things that are close to it

Joan
Old 19 Feb 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Is that your son looking asleep on test track?!
Glad you gave thumbs up to the new Soarin ride. Can I ask please where you found Baymax? Would love to hug him! This looks like such a fab day, especially breakfast, your youngests face says it all..
Afraid it is Josh spoiling someone's photo again!
Baymax was seen in the old innovations pavilion opposite the Character spot, together with Inside out characters too. It is easy to miss and it was not possible to fast pass the queue. Brilliant character to meet although he does not do autographs!
Breakfast was so good, especially as Joe got to meet Donald twice - hero worshipping undertaken!

Thanks for reading and hope you get to meet Baymax on your next visit to Epcot

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant! We grabbed a taxi from por to beach club one morning and had breakfast in cape may..i have to admit it was before i had an awareness of all the disney hotels and what they had to offer etc and i remember us just sitting there with our mouths hanging open! Was fab ( although adore por too!) I have a couple of beautiful pics of the boys there and i remember there was a wedding ..cape may was good too x
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Another great day. You really can't beat staying in an Epcot resort.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A good day. We booked Cape May breakfast on our last day at BC (last minute to use up our credits ) and thoroughly enjoyed it.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another great day
Love your son in the TT photos
We loved the new Soarin too
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List