Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Feb 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

And When Did You Last See Your Father? - Day 16 (Dapper Day at Epcot! & R.C. Arrives From London)

We are a family of three - me (April), DH (R.C.) and DS (Poot - who turned 10 on this holiday!). We visited Orlando and Sanibel Island, travelling from Gatwick on BA.

DH has his own business and could only join us for part of the holiday (hence the title of this trippie!). He’s not really a theme park sort of chap, but he enjoys it down on the Gulf Coast.

For our week on Sanibel we were joined by my DM (Judybat) and her husband (Hans).

Trippie Index Here

Day 15 (Epcot Food & Wine, Hide & Squeak, Tears on Splash Mountain) HERE

Dapper Day! The Best Day! And...my husband arrives, too. Priorities though, people...

I woke up to an interesting scene...

If you read yesterday’s report, you may remember that this morning I discovered a chair wedged under the door handle (but I have no memory of putting it there). In addition, the room’s tiny trash can was full of Halloween candy wrappers, the telly was on (tuned to the Weather Channel, of course) and Poot was asleep (fully dressed, but minus one shoe) on top of the covers. It was like the morning after the lamest frat party ever.

The curtains were also open, and this was the view that greeted me.

Now that’s a view to make anyone feel better, no?

And in fact I did feel a LITTLE better this morning - though I looked A LOT worse. I had hoped to get some nice photos of Poot and me today - it was Dapper Day at Epcot - but I couldn’t put on any makeup because of my still-streaming eyes (and there were other problems - I’m sure you get the picture). Yep, Dapper Day - and I was a puffy, snotty mess. Sigh.

It never fails, the first day in two weeks that my husband sees me - and I look like this guy!

Nevertheless, we were NOT going to miss Dapper Day (not after I had hauled all our “dapper clothes” from England we weren’t!). So Poot had a granola bar (from his Halloween party stash) and I picked at some grapes from the fridge. Yesterday’s “brunch” at Food and Wine had worked well, so we decided to skip a proper breakfast and just do that again.

In addition to being Dapper Day, this was the last Saturday of Food and Wine - so I knew Epcot would be crazy busy. We were lucky with the bus this morning - we arrived at Epcot before official opening and were ready to make the quick march to Soarin’ when they dropped the rope.

We hadn’t been able to get a Fastpass for Soarin’ - but we went straight there and decided to wait it out.

OK...before I tell this next story, I want to say that Poot LOVES America, mostly because the people are so friendly and (generally) great with kids. The only two bad experiences he had on this holiday were with the snail woman yesterday and a man today in the Soarin’ queue. After today no more little angry emojis, I promise.

Now Poot and I were clearly together - we were talking - when the man behind us in the queue tapped Poot on the shoulder, gestured around the queue and said, “Why are all you people dressed like freaks?”

TWICE in TWO DAYS! What is wrong with people?! :angry:

Poot was nine at the time - so oblivious to most adult malice - and he just looked up at the man with eyes full of sympathy and said, “Oh, no...don’t you own a suit?”

Well, unlike the clueless woman yesterday, this man had the grace to blush. Or perhaps he noticed the smoke coming out of my ears! I know that Poot will have to fight his own battles in life - but OH! I was SO ANGRY! - what kind of man calls a nine year old a freak?

I was very proud of Poot - he went on to explain that Dapper Day was a chance for people to go to the parks dressed nicely - like they would have when Disneyland first opened. I stood behind him giving the offender my best death stare (sadly, I am round and freckly - Poot says my death stare just makes me look like a very cross rabbit).

Even so, the guy knew he’d been a jerk - and he backpedaled pretty quickly (“Oh, I see - well...that’s interesting...”) and we were all soon off to ride Soarin’...

...which I loved! I think “Soarin’ Around The World” fits the theme of Epcot (though not of Future World, sigh) much better than Soarin’ Over California ever did.

And from that point on, all our Dapper Day experiences were good ones - people were all so lovely to us and it was heaps of fun to see everyone dressed up.

My favourite group was not only in fifties dress, they were Disneybounding “Finding Dory” - but one lady with them didn’t match - or so I thought. Then I noticed her t-shirt said, “I’m Sigourney Weaver…”

It was PRICELESS! WHY didn’t I ask to take their photo?

Baymax next! This was the meet and greet about which I was MOST excited - especially knowing that we’d be wearing our glad rags today. Sadly, I am a sick, puffy, teary mess in the photo of the three of us - so I will spare you that (you’re welcome).

But so you know I was there - here are my shoes meeting Baymax:

And here is my skirt, Poot and Baymax:

And those are the only photos I can share on this family site! Sigh.

But here’s an adorable snap of Poot and Baymax doing the Ba-La-La-La-La-La thing.

Oh, I hope Disney keeps this meet! SO nice to have good “boy” ones. Not that (as we’ve seen) Poot doesn’t enjoy the “beautiful characters”, too…

Nemo next - we did the ride...

...and had a look at the aquarium. I am not a fan of the Nemo ride - I still miss the hydrolators:

... and Sea Base Alpha:

On to Imagination - we rode the Figment ride the other day - but this was our first time seeing the short films:

I had no idea this was a 4D experience - we both really liked it! Here’s hoping (!) that Disney updates the shorts in here every couple of years - that would do wonders for the attraction’s appeal (well, to me anyway ).

By now, Poot was hungry. I assumed that if the food booths had opened early yesterday, they would today as well - and...yep!

I let Poot choose his snack spot. And Poot chose The Chew (say that three times fast):

Poot ordered the Grilled Beef Skewer ($5) and the Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli ($4.75 - but we got a bottle of water and used 1 QS credit to pay).

The beef was a strange dish - it was served with feta and apricots. And while each individual component was tasty (and the meat was nicely cooked) - they didn’t really seem to go together. I cook with feta and apricots a fair amount, but I’ve never paired either of them with beef…

I didn’t taste the pasta, but Poot’s actually here with me right now. And he says, “It wasn’t the best ravioli I’ve ever had - but it was still OK, there was cheese in it.”

Sorry, folks - I’ve no idea what that means either.

On to World Showcase!

We arrived in Mexico just before they opened up the pyramid for the day. A group of young women was standing outside it chanting “TE-QUI-LA! TE-QUI-LA! TE-QUI-LA!”. We were planning to only stay at Epcot for a few hours today, so hopefully they wouldn’t have had enough te-qui-la! to be sick on strangers’ sandals until after we said farewell. Fingers crossed...

When they opened the Mexico pyramid, we gave the tequila a miss and headed for the ride, instead. I LOVE boat rides, but this one is just...strange.

I do love this pavilion, though - it’s dark and cool and really atmospheric. We had a nosey around all the little shops and stands. Mexican Donald wasn't out yet - but we had a nosey 'round his nook.

On to Norway. I had totally planned it so that we could meet Anna, Elsa and the Akershus princesses on the day that Poot was dressed up. Except for his shoes. You may have noticed that with his lovely linen suit he’s wearing...Crocs. Because his idiot mother left his dress shoes back in England. I did remember to pack six pairs of shoes for myself, though!

But I digress…

I am REALLY not a fan of the Frozenification of the Norway pavilion - but you can’t deny the success of the theming.

Inside the “Royal Sommerhus”:

Earlier in the holiday, Poot had traded for a pin of Arendelle Castle - and he decided that his prepared sentence for both Anna and Elsa would be, “I have a pin with your house on it!”

Here is Princess Anna studying the pin of her “house”:

Poot has since traded the pin...to a lovely Dibber. Hello! if you’re reading -

Poot and Queen Elsa:

After we finished meeting and greeting the ladies of Frozen, we headed over to Akershus for lunch. First we had the world’s quickest meeting with Belle -

- and then into the restaurant we went.

As I’ve mentioned, my mother is Norwegian. So we like a bit of Norwegian food ‘round ours. How did the food at Akershus stand up to my mother’s home cooking?

Well...she’s a chef, my grandmother was a chef, my maternal aunt’s a chef...so I’ll give you one guess…

No, I’m joking (though only sort of)! - it was actually pretty good.

Our waiter was called Haakon (like the kings) and he was very friendly. When he found out I was a half-caste Norwegian, he apologised for the Americanisation of the food, pointed out the buffet - and told me what we should “definitely” order for our mains. Oh, no - more beef! But I felt like I couldn’t choose something else without hurting his feelings...

Pre-beef, we visited the “Taste of Norway Appetizer Buffet”. According to Allears, it features “some of the finest Scandinavian Seafood, imported cheeses, cured and sliced meats and a vast selection of salads and fruits”.

This was Poot’s plate:

As you can see, he went for his usual pint of capers! His buffet “highs” were the various types of smoked and cured fish, with the mackerel being his favourite. His “low” was the Gjetost - Poot loves cheese, but didn’t care AT ALL for this one, which tastes like a mix of cheese and fudge (seriously).

Gjetost:

I was quite funny watching him taste it - he made the “Beverly” face:

Hello! if this is you -

This was my plate:

My favourite thing from the cold board was the chicken salad. I can’t have fish - but there was still plenty to choose from. The lunch buffet here was a much better fit for us than the breakfast buffet we tried at 1900 Park Fare. So much of the American breakfast choices are sweet (or eggy, bleurgh) - we both much preferred the savoury lunch choices. Plus - vegetables!

While we were snacking on our starters, Princess Aurora came ‘round. Poot’s confidence was running high - I think it was the suit!

Aurora was very keen to show him “how to stand like a gentleman”. Here’s his effort:

Not sure about that one, frankly…

Snow White was next to stop by.

Poot didn’t even have to use his special sentence - she complimented his suit and he was off, telling her all about Dapper Day. So funny!

This Cinderella was a little vapid - but I didn’t care; Poot already had a great meet with her clone at CRT.

I had no idea that Cinderella was even here - I thought she only met at CRT!

The princess visits were timed really well - for not long after Cindy left us, Haakon brought us our mains.

Poot picked:

Brassert Biff red wine-braised beef, roasted garlic mashed potato, pickled mushrooms, baby vegetables, and strawberry port demi

Poot really liked this. It was attractively presented and tasty. The only bad bit(s) were the pickled mushrooms. Slimy!

I went for:

Tradisjonell Kjøttkake Norwegian meatballs served with mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, and lingonberry sauce

The meatballs were nice - lovely and tender - and I do love a lingonberry. I ate up all my green beans - but left the mash. It was probably nice, though - I just hate to waste my calories on mash, which I don’t like very much.

Neither of us finished our mains, but it was because we wanted to save room for dessert this time. Yay!

In time, Haakon brought a pudding selection for us to share:

The desserts were:

Sweet and Savory Chocolate Mousse

Traditional Rice Cream - topped with strawberry sauce

and

Apple Cake with cardamom whipped cream

We found the desserts a bit “meh” - except for the rice cream, which we found...yucky. Nobody in our house likes rice pudding - and for all that they call it “rice cream” at Akershus - it was rice pudding. Bleurgh. We did taste it, though - just to be sure. And, yep…

I’ve had some pretty tasty Norwegian desserts. These did not number among them. But Haakon was pretty funny - he took one look at our (picked-at) dessert plate and said, “Ja, well - I figured you wouldn’t like them. The desserts here are too Americanised for actual Norwegians.”

So there you go. Too Americanised for actual Norwegians. And, apparently, even for half-castes like me.

Despite the puddings, the food at Akershus was a step up from the other 1 credit restaurants we had tried so far (Mama Melrose, Be Our Guest and Garden Grill). The princesses were (mostly) great with Poot - they made a big deal of his suit and really made him feel special. Thumbs up.

Our bill here was around $100 - we used 2 TS credits and left the friendly Haakon a 20% tip.

Interesting to think that lunch here cost about what our dinner at Be Our Guest cost. But there was no comparison, food-wise. This was SO much tastier - and there was a lot of choice on offer at the buffet. I’d go back. And Poot says he would, too.

Would I pay out of pocket for it? Probably not. But (to me, anyway) it’s a no-brainer on the DDP.

Moving on...

I love it when I time things at Disney just right - which is not always so easy to do when you have to plan your meals six months ahead! - as we walked out of Akershus I checked the time. Our Fastpass window for Frozen Ever After had just opened.

Oh, Maelstrom - you were my favourite World Showcase attraction…I’m so sorry that they gutted you and made you shill for Frozen...

...no going back, though - let’s see what they’ve done to you, my friend.

Even with our Fastpasses, we had about a twenty minute wait to ride. I wouldn’t have wanted to wait any longer, I’ll tell you that.

As I mentioned back in Mexico, boat rides are my favourite attractions - and the animatronics here are impressive (they remind me of the dwarfs in the Mine Train) - but this one just wasn’t for me. Maybe I’d feel differently if I had daughters?

At least they didn’t replace you with a giant Olaf, friend Troll...

Finished with Frozen, we decided to head out of Epcot. Dapper Day + Last Saturday of Food and Wine = TOO MANY PEOPLE

On the bus back to Saratoga, Poot had a good idea…

We were going to get an Uber out to MCO to meet R.C. this afternoon. But Poot wondered if we could use (what would be) the unused “return” segment of our DME journey instead. That’s my boy!

We decided to stop off at The Springs and ask - and the front desk’s answer was “yes”. Woo-hoo!

So the front desk clerk called Mears - and Mears’ answer was “no”. Boo-hoo!

Now while we were waiting for the clerk to sort out the journey, I (jokingly) told Poot that the money I would have used for the Uber he could now use for a pin. I didn’t know that one of the front desk managers overheard me. But when it became obvious that we would need to make our own way out to the airport - she walked over to me and handed me a taxi voucher.

“Now you can still get him his pin.”

So nice! I told her it was unnecessary, but she insisted. “We told you it was a complimentary journey. And so it will be.”

Very “Old Disney”, Saratoga Front Desk Manager - I like your style!

I *think* she was called Melinda or Melissa...she was blonde...help me out if you know. Poot was very excited about the pin - and the three of us walked down to the gift shop so that he could choose it. What a lovely lady.

Poot picked this pin:

Chernabog’s wings even move!

We went back to Congress Park to change out of our Dapper duds, and then back to The Springs to catch our cab.

Our cabbie was from Ethiopia - he was very chatty and played us some Ethiopian pop music during the journey. I love Ethiopian FOOD, but if that CD was the best modern music that Ethiopia has to offer…well, let’s just say I won’t be popping it in my Amazon basket anytime soon!

We arrived at MCO about 45 minutes after R.C.’s plane landed - we had each brought a novel, because I had NO IDEA how long it would take him to get through immigration. But unlike us - he had arrived to a near-empty Immigration Hall - and we only had to wait about five minutes for him to emerge from Arrivals. Result!

I tried to move us QUICKLY to the car rental counter. R.C., however, doesn’t respond well to “we have to hurry” or things like that - so by the time we got to the Avis counter the queue was L-O-N-G. We had to wait for about thirty minutes to see an agent - but he was polite and efficient and - most importantly - didn’t try the hard sell.

While we waited I found out that R.C. had been up working all night long - the cab had collected him from his office - and he hadn’t had a wink of sleep for nearly forty hours (!).

I could even see that he was tired, and I was regretting going along with his decision to collect the car tonight. I do all the booking - I could have easily arranged it so that we picked up the car at Disney tomorrow (I even posted on the Dibb about it!).

Gently I tried to broach the subject, but it went over like a lead balloon. So - with the directions back to Saratoga on my lap, we pulled out of the rental car garage….

...and TWO HOURS LATER, we drove into the parking lot at Congress Park. I had *somehow* gotten turned around with the exit numbering on I-4. And because I see so poorly in the dark without my glasses (which were safe at home in England), once the sun set I couldn’t see the signs until we were RIGHT ON TOP of them - by which time we’d passed them. It didn’t help that the main intersection near Saratoga Springs was all torn up (construction) and sign-less during our holiday.

FINALLY (and after a detour into the Typhoon Lagoon parking lot) we opened the door of Room 1812 and wheeled R.C.’s suitcase inside. I was very relieved - we were all three here - in one piece.

My husband and I have been married for fourteen years, so by now we can communicate a great deal with just a look.

And tonight’s look said, “Darling, you’re my wife and I love you. But I know and YOU know that you promised me that you could get us straight here. And instead I had to drive around in the dark - in a foreign country - for nearly two hours. I’ve now been awake for more than forty hours straight, so that was difficult. And it was your fault.”

But his lips only said, “Darling, I’m very tired.”

So I said, “Um..OK. Why don’t Poot and I go out for a little while and you can sleep in peace?”

He was already sitting on the bed and taking his shoes off by the time I finished my sentence.

I took Poot by the hand and slunk out of the room - feeling AWFUL!

R.C. works like a slave, I should have known he’d be at the office all night before the flight...why didn’t I arrange for us to pick up the car TOMORROW?

BAD WIFE!

Well, I may have disappointed a big man, but I made a little one very happy when I suggested we pop ‘round to Magic Kingdom (and pick up some Sorcerers cards). So we hopped a bus to MK, went in and grabbed the cards. It wasn’t desperately busy - I think everyone was at Epcot! But some Dapper Dans and Danielles had park-hopped over to MK by now and were looking great as they posed for their castle snaps. We had changed - so instead we did a few rides and saw the Country Bears.

Poot was hungry after the show; we made the short walk to Pecos Bill’s.

Now the last time we ate at Pecos Bill’s (October 2014) it was by far the worst food of our holiday (I still don’t know HOW a burger can be both greasy AND dry). I knew the menu had changed, though - and since both Poot and I love Tex-Mex, we decided to give it another try.

We chose:

...the Fajita Platter - with barbacoa beef and chicken, cilantro rice, beans, and tortillas $14.99 (we used 1 QS credit)

This was really tasty - and it was a LOT of food. You can even add MORE food if you choose - there is a toppings bar here. Poot picked out some shredded cheese and I spooned up a little guacamole.

I love guacamole - and the best part is - EVERY time we have it, I get to tell Poot my guacamole joke:

“Moth-er.”

Oh, I love it - and the best part is - long after I’m dead, he’ll tell it to his kids. He won’t be able to help himself…

Even between us we couldn’t finish the fajita platter - if you’re paying OOP this one is good value - two of these would EASILY feed a family of four. Everything on the platter was flavoursome - and made a nice change from the typical QS fare.

Per usual, I had a Diet Coke, Poot had tap water. For dessert we chose:

Red Velvet Cake $4.29

They have churros on the dessert menu here, but cold churros are just...the worst. I did think about asking if we could come back later to pick up our (hot) dessert, but the queues were long - I didn’t want the hassle of having to wait twice. So we went for the cake instead. The cake was in one of those little plastic Disney cake-pots, and indeed it tasted like a Disney cake-pot cake.

The cake itself was moist (though it was just generically sweet, rather than “red velvet-y”). But a real red velvet cake should have lovely, thick cream cheese frosting - and this frosting tasted like icing sugar mixed with corn syrup and water. We had one bite each and then...no more. If we ever do the DDP again, I’d be glad of the opportunity to have an ice cream instead.

There was a very sweet, young Japanese CM tidying tables in our little corner of Pecos Bill’s, and we talked for a while - she was VERY, VERY homesick. A placement at an American fast-food restaurant...wow!...talk about culture shock. I hope she’s happier now, wherever she is...

After dinner, Poot tried to complete his Sorcerers mission - but it was too dark for the sensors to read his cards properly. We decided to call it a night.

On returning to Congress Park, we found R.C. awake - he was drinking tea and reading the paper. He didn't seem homicidal, so I asked him if he fancied going out for something to eat - but he said no. Instead he finished his tea - and we were all asleep within fifteen minutes.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Day 17 (Slothfulness, Disney Springs and Beef Fat) HERE

Edited at 10:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Well I have never heard of Dapper Day! Thats a first for me! I love it! Shame on that very rude ignorant man for saying you were freaks!
Poot dealt with him very admirabley! And he did indeed look dapper too, I love his suit, and all the photos with snow white, cinderella etc, lovely...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Poot looks so handsome in his suit! Some of the CM's are amazing - it was so kind of them to help him add to his pin collection... it is these special touches that make Disney so special. I am really enjoying your report 😊
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a lovely day, but I did feel so sorry for your poor husband having to drive around lost in the dark.

I have to admit that I had to look up the meaning of your joke on Google as I just didn't get it chemistry was my weakest subject though so I don't feel too bad that it went right over my head.

Hope you started to feel better soon and look forward to the next day

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Well I have never heard of Dapper Day! Thats a first for me! I love it! Shame on that very rude ignorant man for saying you were freaks!
Poot dealt with him very admirabley! And he did indeed look dapper too, I love his suit, and all the photos with snow white, cinderella etc, lovely...
Why, thank you. I'll pass your kind words on to the man himself!

We loved Dapper Day - it was the first time we've been able to do it, though I've known about it for a few years. It's funny - I can still picture that man's face in my mind - he was a real nematode!

Thanks for reading along!

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Poot looks so handsome in his suit! Some of the CM's are amazing - it was so kind of them to help him add to his pin collection... it is these special touches that make Disney so special. I am really enjoying your report 😊
We were VERY lucky in our CM interactions this holiday. Only a couple of duds - the rest were really a credit to Walt's vision.

And I will pass on the compliment - Poot loves to wear a suit (because my DH wears one every day, I suppose) - but the colour and the hat made him a little nervous (until he starting getting all the attention from girls, lol).

Thanks for commenting - I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Sounds like a lovely day, but I did feel so sorry for your poor husband having to drive around lost in the dark.

I have to admit that I had to look up the meaning of your joke on Google as I just didn't get it chemistry was my weakest subject though so I don't feel too bad that it went right over my head.

Hope you started to feel better soon and look forward to the next day
I'm the worst wife ever, right? I felt like such a worm that night...

I loved chemistry - wish I would have taken my teacher's advice and become a research chemist...instead of studying BALKAN HISTORY. So useful, Balkan History. Heaps of jobs...

Thanks for stopping by again, loves2plan - and thank you for mentioning this trippie in your MM thread. You are a classy lady!
Old 24 Feb 17, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day for you and poot
What a pity you got lost on the way back from the airport

Joan
Old 24 Feb 17, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Poor looked very dapper! Bad rude american, he became embarrassed so I forgive him a little.

You have been really hard on yourself today, you were ill, most people would have stayed in bed but instead you took your son out and made sure he had a great day. And regarding collecting the car, your husband is a grown up and capable of making decisions. His was to collect the car after the flight! My husband drives and navigates I'm sure yours could too! Why blame you for getting lost? Why didn't he sleep on the plane?

I hated the frozen ride, worst ride at Disney, it broke down too, we had to be evacuated and got a free fast pass, so not a totally wasted Ten minutes of my life.

Love your trip report
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Poot looks so smart. We were at Epcot on Dapper's day. There were some great looking outfits. Not sure how some of the women managed to walk in some of the shoes they were wearing.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I'm the worst wife ever, right? I felt like such a worm that night...

I loved chemistry - wish I would have taken my teacher's advice and become a research chemist...instead of studying BALKAN HISTORY. So useful, Balkan History. Heaps of jobs...

Thanks for stopping by again, loves2plan - and thank you for mentioning this trippie in your MM thread. You are a classy lady!
Ah, those decisions that we make at 17/18 (when we know everything!) that affect the rest of our lives! Sounds like you're putting your skills to good use with home schooling Poot though

No problem about the mention - it's the polite thing to do

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day for you and poot
What a pity you got lost on the way back from the airport

Joan
I love my DH, but I was a little bit sad that our time just the two of us was coming to an end. DH really isn't a theme park chap - so we have to do things a bit differently once he arrives!

And I couldn't believe I got lost - it looked so simple on the map!

Thanks for staying with us!

Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Poor looked very dapper! Bad rude american, he became embarrassed so I forgive him a little.

You have been really hard on yourself today, you were ill, most people would have stayed in bed but instead you took your son out and made sure he had a great day. And regarding collecting the car, your husband is a grown up and capable of making decisions. His was to collect the car after the flight! My husband drives and navigates I'm sure yours could too! Why blame you for getting lost? Why didn't he sleep on the plane?

I hated the frozen ride, worst ride at Disney, it broke down too, we had to be evacuated and got a free fast pass, so not a totally wasted Ten minutes of my life.

Love your trip report
Well - thank you, my stalwart defender!

My husband has R.A. - he can't sleep on planes (boo!). And the reason he wasn't prepared to navigate - because I told him that the journey was simple and that I had it all figured out and not to spend one minute thinking about it. So totally my fault - but thanks for trying to get me off the hook!

That man was embarrassed in the end - and I was GLAD. Not very charitable of me - but there you go. From this point on, though - we were really lucky in our interactions with fellow guests. I'm fortunate that Poot is like DH - that kind of stuff just rolls off him - whereas I, on the other hand, stew about it for ages. That's probably why it's in this trippie...

See you at the Yachtsman!

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
Poot looks so smart. We were at Epcot on Dapper's day. There were some great looking outfits. Not sure how some of the women managed to walk in some of the shoes they were wearing.
I know, right? Some of those ladies were hard-core!

It would be SO much fun to go to Dapper Day in a big group - we enjoyed talking to the other families - but you could tell how much fun the groups were having!

There's a DD coming up this spring at DLP - that is tempting...I wouldn't mind a do-over.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!