Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Orlando Attractions
Unread 26 Mar 17, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again?! Day One - Magic Kingdom & Crystal Palace/Longhorns

An early start, 6am! That was just as long as I managed to stay asleep for, not bad for first nights jetlag. We took the ferry across to Magic Kingdom, and then hot footed it to the Crystal Palace for a lovely breakfast. George and the lovely Bethany, her very first time at Magic Kingdom. 💜

We had a bit of everything, puffed french toast (yum), eggs over easy, shredded potatos (mmm), pancakes, bacon and smoked sausage.

Then we had some photos with Piglet, Tigger and Pooh bear! Eyeore never made it to our table sadly, despite me craning my neck out a mile to attract his attention!

Take note, no sign of George in these photos. No comment.
We had fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, and Peter Pan and also went on Its a small world, which went on forever, we invented a new song to sing all the way around - 'its a long ride after all, its a long ride after all, its a long ride after all, its an effing loooooooooooong ride! ' Yes it is.
(But we love it)

We stopped for a refreshing dole float, the pineapple juice is lovely.

We decided at around 2pm to call it a day, and headed out, by monorail this time. George announced he needed a mcdonalds, so we went in search of one but just got lost in all the roadworks around Disney, dear lord its a labyrinth of bollards!
So, we just came back to the Hotel and headed for the pool, it has a lazy river, and two pretty fast slides, and was really warm water too. I went down one slide so fast it was like a scene from Norbit, the movie, ('Im sliding im sliding'! ) I shot so fast out of the end I thought I was going to overshoot the splash pool! 😂😂😂

We went to Longhorns, on Orange Blossom Trail South for dinner, we called ahead and still waited around 30 mins for a table, our appetizers arrived promptly and we devoured them having not eaten since breakfast, but we then waited well over an hour for our entrees, and when they arrived everything was just a bit meh - salmon so dry, broccoli cold, and our lobster tail really chewy and overcooked, I was gutted, we had lost the will to live never mind eat, and skipped dessert to come home and have a deccaf tea instead. Really disappointed as Longhorns was one of our top meals last time! So far not so good for dinners

Tomorrow we are at Walmart in the morning (Mothers day treat) and Animal Kingdom in the afternoon and evening, for the Rivers of Light.

Edited at 02:12 AM.
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DAYS UNTIL CARIBBEAN CRUISE!
Unread 26 Mar 17, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
VIP Dibber

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Lovely first day, had to laugh about your water ride experience .

Summerfield suites July1993.Quality Inn Plaza Aug1995.Vegas&Howard Johnson July/Aug1997.. Quality Inn International May2000. Westgate Sept2003. All Stars May2005. POFQ Aug2006 . Saratoga Aug2008 . Villa Xmas2010 . Marriott suites Aug2012 . Villa&OKW Aug2013 . Bahama Bay Aug2014 . RPR&OKW Aug2015. Encantada July/Aug2016. Villa March 2017. Villa Aug2017. Oct 2017 Feb 2018 Aug 2018 Oct 2018 Feb 2019 July/Aug 2019April/May 2020

Greek Isles,Canaries, Balerics,Turkey, in between.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going home!
Unread 26 Mar 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What a lovely first day - though shame about dinner!

Have a fun trip round Walmart!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Visiting my boy in Hong Kong:
Unread 26 Mar 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Such a busy first day! We never seem to do much. I hope that you continue to have a fab time. X
Unread 26 Mar 17, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hi Louise , sorry dinner was a let down , always a disappointment when you've really looked forward to it.
Happy Mother's Day and enjoy the shopping and looking forward to hearing about rivers of light x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Tenerife Bahia Principe
Unread 26 Mar 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
slightly serious Dibber

A great first day apart from your disappointing dinner . Enjoying reading along.
Unread 26 Mar 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

This looks right up my street! Following along. Great first Magic Kimgdom day 😀
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come!
Unread 26 Mar 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day but oh no to a Bad meal at Longhorn, that's such a shame.
Fab photos at MK.

From the Bayou to the Beach - latest trip report index here
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Always dreaming ...
Ocean Florida