Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile SDD and tonsillitis - help - *update* insurance response

As the title says - my dh has passed the tonsillitis baton of illness on to me, how very kind. It took him just over 5 days to get over it and had time off work. Being self employed I don't have that luxury, and have a big jobs list that has to be completed before we go.

So I need your very best 'get over tonsillitis quick' tips. Am taking ibuprofen and paracetamol (with caffeine) as often as I can, drinking gallons of orange juice and purdeys, and forcing myself to eat little and often.

Please tell me your miracle cures, I don't have time for this right now!

Edited at 11:12 AM.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Antibiotics? 😬
I know doctors don't prescribe them if they don't need to or think it's a virus but my DS has had a sore throat since last Thursday. Took him to doctors yesterday and he was prescribed penicillin. He suffers a lot with tonsillitis and each and every time they prescribe him antibiotics.

If it's just a sore throats rather than tonsillitis it sounds like you are already doing all the right things.

I hope you feel better before your holiday.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I used to suffer from tonsillitis at least twice a year as a teenager so feel your pain! I can vividly remember ice cream really helping soothe my throat. Your almost on holiday so why not start as you mean to go on. I hope you're feeling much better before you go!
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

So do I - pity party for one right now
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Get some antibiotics ASAP - the doctor might give you a strong/double dose if you explain - I would also ask for another dose to take with you. Let your travel insurance co know too, you need to be covered in case it flares up again when you are away. Good luck xx

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree with antibiotics also.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Gargle with soluble aspirin tastes disgusting but really helps with the pain and inflammation
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had tonsillitis over Xmas and it was horrible, put off going to th docs for a few days but ended up worse, only thing that helped wa as strong dose of penilcilin and taking ibuprofen & paracetamol every 4 hours. I know it's hard too but keep your fluids up and eat some toast, it really helped with the scratching at the back of my throat. The antibiotics kicked in within 2 days thank god! Fingers crossed you get better in time!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Gargle with as hot as you can stand salty water. Please don't swallow any and don't scald yourself. Tyrozets throat lozenges are good too. You can get them from.boots. Last time I bought them they were in a little orange plastic tube, there was a card on the shelf for them.and you had to go to the counter and ask for them. Hope you feel better soon, I too would also be camped out on the gp doorstep and begging for antibiotics. fingers crossed your better soon x
Old 29 Mar 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

I had tonsillitis back in September (I get it at least twice a year ) and the only thing that helped was antibiotics! The course was for 7 days but I started to feel an improvement after 48 hours. Like others have said, get in touch with your GP and ask for some antibiotics
catki11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List