Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices

Old 1 Apr 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BabyM
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds fantastic. The AKL is amazing you will love it. We are checking in there on the 17th August and can't wait.
Enjoy your trip.
Old 2 Apr 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

This sounds like such a great trip! I really enjoy land & sea trip reports so I'm looking forward to reading along.
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Disneyland Paris
Old 5 Apr 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Fab pre-trippie! Although I'm wondering if I should be offended that you only asked us to do the Wishes cruise to cut the cost!

Originally Posted by SarahJayne View Post
We both liked the sound of doing one but paying for one boat for 4 of you isnít cheap so we decided to ask our lovely friends Claire (Erial on here) and Jeff and their two girls if they would like to join us.
However, I am incredibly excited it about it!

I still can't believe you now have 2 cruises booked! When are you telling the kids?

Claire
x

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa
2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort
2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete
2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete
2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete
2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete
2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete
2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West
2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
First DVC Trip!
Old 5 Apr 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
This sounds like a fantastic trip! We're also staying at AKL this year for the first time (although we've been on site before) so looking forward to hearing what you think.
Thanks for reading Helen and I can't wait to report back and then read your trip report!

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
Sounds like a fab holiday, hope you have an amazing time!
Thank you and thanks for reading

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Great pre-trip report but rather disappointed Claire got a mention and I didn't lol ... A credit for flight input would have been nice

No seriously, fab start ... Can't believe you've booked a second cruise already. You know where to find me when you're ready to buy your own

Was it really 2013 we were last there ... That's crazy!

Sharon xxx
Aw Sharon! I'm so sorry! Massive thanks for all of your flight alerts and posts back in Sept!

I can't believe it was 2013 either - time flies!

Originally Posted by BabyM View Post
Sounds fantastic. The AKL is amazing you will love it. We are checking in there on the 17th August and can't wait.
Enjoy your trip.
I'm so excited about AKL, probably even more than I am about the parks actually It just looks so amazing!

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
This sounds like such a great trip! I really enjoy land & sea trip reports so I'm looking forward to reading along.
Fab! Thanks for reading and posting!

Originally Posted by Erial View Post
Fab pre-trippie! Although I'm wondering if I should be offended that you only asked us to do the Wishes cruise to cut the cost!

However, I am incredibly excited it about it!

I still can't believe you now have 2 cruises booked! When are you telling the kids?

Claire
x
Don't be daft - that was just the thought process, not the reason!

2 crusies - I know! It's so exciting and killing me not telling the kids! Almost slipped up a couple of times already. Planning on telling them when they are crying about disembarking the Disney Dream
We're hoping to stop off at the Cheesecake Factory on the drive from Port Canaveral to Tampa so will probably tell them then - if I can keep my mouth shut for that long!

1999 Paris | 2000 NYC
2005 San Francisco/Las Vegas/LA/Hawaii | 2011 Florida Lake Eve
2013 Florida Tuscany Villas The July/Aug 2013 American Pye Trip Report *COMPLETE*
2014 DLP Hotel New York
2015 NYC/Anaheim/San Diego American Pye Coast to Coast Adventure *COMPLETE*
2016 Vienna | 2017 Venice
2017 AKL and the Disney Dream American Pye Land and Sea Adventure *PRE TRIPPY*
2018 Rome | 2018 Disney Magic Norwegian Fjords
SarahJayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Disney Magic Nowegian Fjords
Old 8 Apr 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Great pre trip ❤ you aren't too far from us here in Shropshire!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Better late than never...
Old 10 Apr 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Great pre trip ❤ you aren't too far from us here in Shropshire!
It's a small Dibb world!

Thanks for reading

1999 Paris | 2000 NYC
2013 Florida Tuscany Villas The July/Aug 2013 American Pye Trip Report *COMPLETE*
2014 DLP Hotel New York
SarahJayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenPickle
Excited about Disney

LaurenPickle's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fab pre trippie! We've just booked AKL for August 2018 so I'm really interested to see what you think of it.
LaurenPickle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
RPR and AKL with DDP
Old 17 Apr 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LaurenPickle View Post
Fab pre trippie! We've just booked AKL for August 2018 so I'm really interested to see what you think of it.
Thank you!

I'm VERY excited about staying at AKL! When we first toyed with the idea of staying onsite I never thought we'd be able to stay here so never really considered it and just assumed that we'd go with POFQ or OKW but once it became a reality it was like a dream come true! Just hoping that it lives up to expectation now...

1999 Paris | 2000 NYC
2014 DLP Hotel New York
Old 5 May 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

***update!***

***UPDATE!***

Well the biggest news of all isÖwe made it to 99 days!

To be honest time just flies these days Ė the wait for anything never seems to drag and I canít believe that itís over a year since we booked in the first place BUT it was so lovely to crack double digits!

Luckily for us our 99 day mark landed on bank holiday Monday so we celebrated in style with an American themed meal. We decorated the kitchen/diner with American flags and an American flag tablecloth and ate traditional USA burger and fries, complete with America flag cocktail stick and homemade apple pie (Anna and I had a bit of a baking afternoon).

I was also inspired to make magnets for our stateroom door on the cruise. Iíve joined a great FB cruise page where people are constantly posting great things that theyíve made for the fish extender program (weíre not getting involved with this on this cruise as itís an awful lot of work and I only have so much room in my luggage!) or magnets that they have made for their door. So I thought it would be nice to have a go and see what I could come up with. There are loads of templates online and Iím fairly good on InDesign/photoshop thanks to my job so managed to create theseÖ

Pictures are a bit glary as I took them in my kitchen on a sunny day but Iím really, really pleased with how theyíve turned out and Iím planning on doing ones for each cruise we take, just changing the itineraries (Iíll definitely be doing them for our Norwegian Fjords Disney cruise!)

Weíve also started to do the bits of things that need doing in the run up to the holiday. We bought some dollars the other day when the rate crept up slightly. I got sun cream for me and Jack (we all have different sun cream Ė donít ask!) when it was on offer in Boots. Iíve been buying clothes steadily since Christmas really (got the kids a few bits in the Next sale) and now that the summer stuff is in the shops the odd pair of shorts and a few tshirts have been purchased here and there! So a good pile is gathering in the spare room.

So next on the list is waiting for our cruise 75 day mark. I had an email today actually reminding me of the date that we can check in online, book our PAT time, pre-register the kids for the kids club and book excursions. Annoyingly the date we can do this from Iím away in the Lakes for work which means Iíll have to be up at 5am (12am EST) on the phone with Ad so we can get it all booked!

So weíll pay the full balance on the cruise and for WDW at the end of this month and then itíll be FP time! The only other stuff we need to do is book the port Canaveral parking and register for Avis preferred!

And in 95 days we'll be here...

and then here...

I'm so excited! Thatís about it for now!

Thanks for reading
Much love

1999 Paris | 2000 NYC
2014 DLP Hotel New York
Old 6 May 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Love the double digit American celebration!
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Disneyland Paris